Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

[YT]M5wLk2G5TDg[/YT]

[YT]mapDXHeBOKs[/YT]

They film in Atlanta right? while all the other DC series film in Vancouver I believe

I'm very happy about he positive reception to this show. Gotta watch it as soon as possible!

How is the blackest Superhero TV show of all time? What about Luke Cage?

If this ever did cross over with the rest of the Arrow verse, maybe they could have Jimmy Olsen end up there on assignment. I don't like his Guardian much, but it would be interesting to see him have to suit up there.

Or maybe the Wests from the Flash? I'm thinking more Joe West and Kid Flash. Not so sure about Iris, because she's annoying. But imagine the reaction she would get if she brought Barry along with her.

Which could happen once we get a sense of what world this is on since the showrunners indicated that, for the time being, it's not connected to the other programs. Now, the Legends time travel a lot, so maybe they could somehow end up here. And both Team Flash and Team Supergirl have that interdimensional thing that Cisco made, so the door could be open for them to show up as well.

Jimmy showing up I hadn't thought of, but makes a lot of sense, as it'd give him a reason to get back into covering news as it happened rather than from the CatCo office.

Putting BL on Earth-38 would be the best option, rather than bring in a whole new Earth for them. would allow for some casual cross overs on a regular-ish basis.

How is the blackest Superhero TV show of all time? What about Luke Cage?

If this ever did cross over with the rest of the Arrow verse, maybe they could have Jimmy Olsen end up there on assignment. I don't like his Guardian much, but it would be interesting to see him have to suit up there.

Or maybe the Wests from the Flash? I'm thinking more Joe West and Kid Flash. Not so sure about Iris, because she's annoying. But imagine the reaction she would get if she brought Barry along with her.
I think you're going to have to wait for any crossovers since this show was originally designed for FOX

is it filmed in Vancouver?

i thought so.... that would probably be the biggest issue with any crossovers IMHO

I think it's not connected to the rest yet to allow it to establish its own rules and universe and not be bogged down by the other characters.

But I could see that eventually they might want to tie him into everyone else. If he becomes popular enough, why keep him entirely separate? Having a Black Lightning and Flash team up episode could be huge for ratings.

Or there could be a BL/ Arrow crossover. Get John Diggle in there. And if BL gets annoyed with Oliver Queen, he can just electrocute him randomly like he did with that dude on the balcony of that motel who just happened to peek out at the wrong time but wasn't doing anything to BL at all. As BL walked past, he just shot him some electricity too, even though he wasn't connected to any of the villains whatsoever. :hehe:

Seems like, at least to me, BL's on Arrow/Flash's Earth.

The reference to "other vigilantes being considered heroes" seems like there are way more than just Superman/Supergirl.

If this had been a Netflix series, Jefferson would not have gone to Remar to get a new suit. He would've just gone in to rescue his girls in plain clothes or a hoodie. We'd still have another 12 episodes to go before he would finally go and get a costume upgrade.

i doubt that's really more of a vague comment that allows them to link the show into one of the others later down the line.... rather than directly connects them right now.

if they wanted to connect the show, then it would be a blatant comment

This show is definitely blacker than Luke Cage. It's in the title. :sly:

Jokes aside, how it handles issues facing the Black community, how these character act and talk, etc. makes it the blackest superhero show thus far. And really the blackness of LC seemed more of a marketing thing given how that story played out. Maybe its second season will be different.

Anyway, the producers have said it's not part of the Arrowverse and I hope it stays that way.

This show is definitely blacker than Luke Cage. It's in the title. :sly:

Jokes aside, how it handles issues facing the Black community, how these character act and talk, etc. makes it the blackest superhero show thus far. And really the blackness of LC seemed more of a marketing thing given how that story played out. Maybe its second season will be different.

Anyway, the producers have said it's not part of the Arrowverse and I hope it stays that way.

I think they are about equal.

Same here:funny:

I'm watching BL like "How can you watch this show and want it to be part of the Arrowverse?" To me, this is a legit example of how tone and goals just would feel way off. I watched the Flash episode they had before BL and it's night and day. Even with Arrow, which is more "serious" just comes off as silly entertainment.

There's some weight and stakes that just can't be seen in the other shows simply because of how they're made.

I'm watching BL like "How can you watch this show and want it to be part of the Arrowverse?" To me, this is a legit example of how tone and goals just would feel way off. I watched the Flash episode they had before BL and it's night and day. Even with Arrow, which is more "serious" just comes off as silly entertainment.

There's some weight and stakes that just can't be seen in the other shows simply because of how they're made.
The tone and goals reminded me of what they had in a few episodes of Arrow's previous season. It was even as preachy for w/e reason. I've read that Supergirl has also been a soapbox.

I do enjoy the narrative framing that's applied, but it's more-so because this is what I used to look forward to every week from Arrow and The Flash.

It just feels different because the violence isn't as....comic booky as it is on the other shows. People are getting executed here. This ain't some rando getting vaporized by a death ray.

The tone and goals reminded me of what they had in a few episodes of Arrow's previous season. It was even as preachy for w/e reason. I've read that Supergirl has also been a soapbox.

I do enjoy the narrative framing that's applied, but it's more-so because this is what I used to look forward to every week from Arrow and The Flash.

Man, I can't even remember what they did last season on Arrow. They had that gun rights episode last season right? And I think I read this season they plan to do something related to the Black Lives Matter movement.

I've been reading some comments about the depiction of Anissa and her love life. While Supergirl fans are always dreaming and going crazy for something to happen between Kara and Lena (I personally think they're reading way into things or TPTB are stringing those fans along) or whatever drama happened with Alex and Maggie, you got BL with a woman who's gay, with no personal problems about it, and her family is cool with it right from the get-go.

And I think as the io9 article pointed out, BL at least allows the main character to be challenged with his point of view, whether he's in the right or not. That "MLK was shot in the head line" was a surprise for me.

It just feels different because the violence isn't as....comic booky as it is on the other shows. People are getting executed here. This ain't some rando getting vaporized by a death ray.

Yep. It's something you could see or hear about for real. Though Arrow would be the closest to it, it does have that entertainment flair we're used to seeing in action films/shows.

Lawd yeaaaaaassss!

45C1850D00000578-5026155-image-m-19_1509483794817.jpg

Anybody heard anything about ratings so far?
Not much activity going on in this forum.

Curious to know how it’s actually doing with viewers on TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"