Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

Last edited:
Finally watched the season finale. This show is not great by any stretch of the imagination, but for a cw superhero show it is entertaining enough. Hopefully they keep future seasons the same length. The writing could definitely stand to improve; some characters were wasted (Lady Eve) and some just made no sense (there was zero point in bringing La La back to life just to kill him right back off, lol).

Black Lightning is left out of the big crossover next year, so that is a relief.

To be honest thank god. I am sick of Felicity appearing on Flash or Cisco appearing on Arrow, I wish all the DC shows the characters lived in their own universe(other then Legends could have been an Arrow spinoff)

Felicity I get, but aside from crossover episodes or things like Invasion, Cisco's only been on Arrow...maybe two times. And even then, his first appearance, along with Caitlin, was part of the stuff that helped set up The Flash. So since The Flash got off the ground, he's only had a sort of cameo appearance one time.

Everything else has been crossovers, like the episodes that established Legends of Tomorrow.

So, based on the news Batwoman will be in the Arrowverse crossover, Black Lightning will probably stay in his own world for now!

And I'm okay with that!

Felicity I get, but aside from crossover episodes or things like Invasion, Cisco's only been on Arrow...maybe two times. And even then, his first appearance, along with Caitlin, was part of the stuff that helped set up The Flash. So since The Flash got off the ground, he's only had a sort of cameo appearance one time.

Fair enough, I say this as somebody who likes the Cisco character but I get hugely annoyed everytime they mention his name on Arrow(of Cisco made this suit, we need to call Cisco, etc etc)

As for Arrow getting off the ground on Flash, I am fairly certain they could have started Flash in his own universe without the Arrows help(infact I would argue it probably would be an improvement)

Sort of knew that when CW released their schedule last week. What's nice is that it isn't moving day and time.

I was worried it would get shuffled to that Friday night death slot at first.

Sort of knew that when CW released their schedule last week. What's nice is that it isn't moving day and time.

Fantastic. It's stupid when they do that to new series. Hard enough to find an audience. Even harder, if they forget when your show is on.

Finally got around to this last weekend and I have to admit I’m hooked. I’m up to episode 7 or 8 and am enjoying it way more than I thought I would. It’s not perfect. Some of the big bads stuff aims for creepy but overshoots into goofy way more than I like. And I just can’t seem to warm up to the BL suit with those cheap-looking plastic light-up lightning bolts. Then there’s the tailor/scientist dude Gimpy or whatever his name is...is it just me or can he, like, not act at all? BUT overall I really like it.

Finally got around to this last weekend and I have to admit I’m hooked. I’m up to episode 7 or 8 and am enjoying it way more than I thought I would. It’s not perfect. Some of the big bads stuff aims for creepy but overshoots into goofy way more than I like. And I just can’t seem to warm up to the BL suit with those cheap-looking plastic light-up lightning bolts. Then there’s the tailor/scientist dude Gimpy or whatever his name is...is it just me or can he, like, not act at all? BUT overall I really like it.

That's AJAX from The Warriors. Show some respect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIl-Py37yOA

They can't ignore the fact they name dropped Vixen and Supergirl. Not saying they should have a full on crossover but they need at least a one scene cameo.

"Thanks for the assist Supergirl, I'll take it from hear"
"No problem Black lighting, glad I could help.."
*Wooossshh flies off*

I'll be down for an ep with Jimmy is visiting family in Freeland. They need to commit to some of these name drops and references.

I want Mr Terrific to be rescued from Arrow so bad and get on Black Lighting. I never really sat through Arrow, but from what I've seen, he seems like a damn goofball. Not the cool bad ash that Michael Jai White portrayed in Justice League. Heck, the Hannibal Burress Justice League Action version was lighter, but still had a bit of attitude.

Too much legal red tape.

I think they will work something out. Maybe a one season lease of the characters.

Icon would make such a great rival to Black Lighting. He's the Superman to BL's Batman.

So looks like Grace Choi has been dropped from the show. They are casting a new love interest for Anissa.

Why are they doing that? And is it just the actress or the character completely? It's not like she was in enough scenes to really be all that memorable even if they did recast.

Definitely not a big deal to me. Barely saw the character anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"