Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

Are they just recasting though or bringing in an entirely new character?

how popular is BL from the comics? Not A list, I know but in DC comics, was he kinda a cult type superhero?

[YT]iG16rRK3-xo[/YT]
[YT]ZWZm9fdnc6s[/YT]

Kinda disappointed we didn't get any footage of season 2.

Outsiders will feature in S2 and Grace Choi will be back.

Thought they canned that character?

Apparently not. She just wont be dating Anissa.

Thought they canned that character?

I always assumed that Grace didn't fit into any storyline that they were doing in S1 and decided to do more with the character in S2.

Is Season 2 going to be longer than 13 episodes? It premieres on 9 October. If it is only 13, then it will be done by early 2019.

Are they planning on going a full 20-something?

Because of reasons, I’ve only just watched season one. It was excellent! - dark, dramatic, political and - most importantly - well written. Indeed, it rather puts the other CW/DC shows to shame.

One minor complaint: I thought the season finale was a tad clunky - as if two or three episodes of material had to be compressed into one.

I read somewhere that Season 2 will only have 16 episodes and that's a good amount. What I liked about BL is there wasn't really any fillers in Season one and all the episodes flowed nicely together. Hopefully it continues in season two and I can't wait for the showrunners to expand the world in BL with the introduction of The Outsiders. I do hope that BL continues to be its own things and that it's not directly connected to the Arrowverse for a while.

Anybody know if Metamorpho will be on this version of the Outsiders?

Anybody know if Metamorpho will be on this version of the Outsiders?

At the moment we don't know the members that will be in this Outsiders (we know that Batman won't be in it).

I read somewhere that Season 2 will only have 16 episodes and that's a good amount. What I liked about BL is there wasn't really any fillers in Season one and all the episodes flowed nicely together. Hopefully it continues in season two and I can't wait for the showrunners to expand the world in BL with the introduction of The Outsiders. I do hope that BL continues to be its own things and that it's not directly connected to the Arrowverse for a while.

Same here.

16 is best for now.

This is one badass poster!
DlyLjfqUcAETYvA.jpg

I'm so hyped for season 2. I wonder how long we have to wait to see Jennifer becoming Lightning? perhaps till the end of season 2 I guess.

I'm so hyped for season 2. I wonder how long we have to wait to see Jennifer becoming Lightning? perhaps till the end of season 2 I guess.
Or even the very final scene of the very final season.

Pic and info...
BLACK LIGHTNING
The title of Season 2’s opening arc — “The Book of Consequences: Rise of the Green Light Babies” — tells you pretty much all you need to know about the superhero drama’s sophomore run, which picks up just a week after the events of the finale. Per showrunner Salim Akil, “We’re going to deal with the consequences of having discovered the pod children; the consequences of Green Light hitting the streets; and the consequences of Jefferson’s daughters discovering they have powers.” Black Lightning himself remains in a “win and lose situation,” seeing as how the Green Light Babies and the mayhem they make will keep some Freelanders wary of their metahuman-powered vigilante. Tobias Whale, last seen beaming over a mysterious, gleaming briefcase, still clutches onto a two-pronged agenda — kill Black Lightning, take over Freeland — “and in the first episode you’ll see exactly what motivates him to ‘burn the city down,’ as he says.” On the personal front, Akil says that Anissa’s new relationship with Grace Choi will make for “really, really good” drama, while Jennifer will juggle the idea of Khalil’s redemption with the fact that, as Painkiller, her ex (briefly) killed her dad!

BONUS SPOILER!: As first reported by TVLine, Black Lightning will be introducing the DC Comics character of Looker, to be played by Medium alum/Supergirl guest star Sofia Vassilieva.

RETURN DATE: Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 9/8c (The CW)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"