Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

Damn, Jen's got the Phoenix Force...

Kind of torn on Lynn's storyline. Having Odell arrange it is in character, but it takes a bit away from the storyline, imo. Still, interested in where that is going to go with Lynn.

And look, I started to really like the white principal. Crazy world.

I know its wrong, but I really am enjoying new Khalil. So much more entertaining.

Great episode.

Surprised at the principal's actions.

That Grace scene was so :huh:

Lynn out here like...

Odell is arguably more cold and heartless than Tobias. Every time I think Odell has redeeming characteristics, he proves me wrong. I like how Odell has now corrupted half the Pierce family however Odell's manipulation will be his downfall once the Pierce family discover his lies (especially Jennifer as the show has indicated that she's far more powerful than her dad).

I'm liking the assasin Khalil and I have a feeling that Grace will join Anissa in her fight against the ASA. So far season 3 has been fantastic and it's shame that Black Lightning doesn't get the ratings that Arrow or The Flash gets as it's the best DC show on the CW.

My only real issue with this season was how we didn’t get that transition to this ASA occupation. So it just felt so random and kinda threw things off for me.

I’ve been loving Khalil’s arc throughout this show and I find him the most tragic character on the show as well. I can’t wait till Odell gets his.

Last edited:
I think what really works with Khalil is that he doesn’t just have a cold-blooded, robotic attitude. He’s kind of a dick and enjoys what he does.

Black Lightning hits season-high viewership one day after the Crisis trailers aired during Batwoman/Supergirl.

I doubt that's a coincidence.

Last edited:
^That's great news. Hopefully his appearance in Crisis will attract more viewers to check out the show.

I'm really enjoying this show. Hitting it on all cylinders. I do feel the Jeff/Lynne split is earned, as working for the ACA has always been a sore spot for their relationship. I do like how Gambi figured out it was Khalil. I like the teleporter guy. Glad they are finally getting back to him. Isn't he Khalil's dad?

I don’t remember any hints of the teleporter guy being Khalil’s dad. And he seems pretty young compared to his mom.

I believe it was his appearance last season.

The episode of BL airing between COIE will lead into his appearance in the crossover.

I'm so tired of Grace's shifting storyline. Boring change to the character.

Grace and Anissa don't have any chemistry. You can tell that the writers were getting bored of Grace's storyline and decided write her off the show for the time being.

Grace and Anissa don't have any chemistry. You can tell that the writers were getting bored of Grace's storyline and decided write her off the show for the time being.
More likely that they simply needed a reason for her to not be around because she's a recurring guest, not a series regular.

This wasnt even the mid season finale and it was DAMN GOOD! And the mid season finale looks like it will definitely be handling COIE in its own right.

It's great how Black Lightning doesn't have it's own Crisis episode but they still found a way to explain his entrance with their own episode. Cool that they will have their own little Crisis event.

Last edited:
I wonder what next weeks episode, and the whole Crisis event is going to mean for the Black Lightning show.

We can speculate (I guess) that Jeff's Earth isn't shared by Supergirl, despite her having been mentioned (a passing comment by Anissa), but if there are seemingly other Jennifers out there on different Earth's, I wonder whether she's ultimately going to be the source that enables world jumping, at least post crisis. It's not quite like Jeff and his little gang have the resources of Star Labs or the DEO to create devices that can open up portals to other worlds.

There's been some speculation (or I suppose rumour) that this show will be lucky to get renewed for Season 5, if it gets renewed for Season 4. If that's the case, and it is cancelled, I'd like to think some of these characters could return for future crossover events.

Anissa suddenly recognizing Khalil when he took off his glasses- despite having the same looking head and facial structure- is the equivalent to Clark Kent taking off his glasses and realizing that he's also Superman. But in this case, how could she not have at least had a clue prior to this?

I wonder what next weeks episode, and the whole Crisis event is going to mean for the Black Lightning show.

We can speculate (I guess) that Jeff's Earth isn't shared by Supergirl, despite her having been mentioned (a passing comment by Anissa), but if there are seemingly other Jennifers out there on different Earth's, I wonder whether she's ultimately going to be the source that enables world jumping, at least post crisis. It's not quite like Jeff and his little gang have the resources of Star Labs or the DEO to create devices that can open up portals to other worlds.

There's been some speculation (or I suppose rumour) that this show will be lucky to get renewed for Season 5, if it gets renewed for Season 4. If that's the case, and it is cancelled, I'd like to think some of these characters could return for future crossover events.

The show is a lock for Season 4. And Supergirl is just a comic in their world, im going to assume they'll become one with the other shows and mention them but just wont interact for obvious reasons. They've said that COIE will hit the show in a big way.

Anissa suddenly recognizing Khalil when he took off his glasses- despite having the same looking head and facial structure- is the equivalent to Clark Kent taking off his glasses and realizing that he's also Superman. But in this case, how could she not have at least had a clue prior to this?
No different from that woman Jeff went to see mere moments before she thanked him as Black Lightening and yet didn’t recognise him. :p It’s just silly stuff we’ve gotta’ overlook.

The show is a lock for Season 4. And Supergirl is just a comic in their world, im going to assume they'll become one with the other shows and mention them but just wont interact for obvious reasons. They've said that COIE will hit the show in a big way.
I hope so. Supergirl and Black Lightening with any luck will all exist on Earth-1 but the end, but we’ll see.

The show is definitely getting renewed for season 4. It has been over five years since the CW canceled a veteran show without announcing it as a final season beforehand, like they've done for Arrow, Supernatural, and the 100 this season.

The reason many are assuming it will end with four seasons is because it's the lowest rated Arrowverse show and they're about to launch a minimum of three more shows (Superman and Lois, Green Arrow and the Canaries, Stargirl).

Plus Black Lightning is expensive to shoot and it's the only one of the shows that doesn't shoot in Vancouver, meaning it's harder to reuse sets/props/production crew/cast like they do for all the other shows, and obviously it's way harder to do crossovers.

After Crisis, I would like to see Black Lightning crossover with Flash and Batwoman. Have Katana appear in both Batwoman and Black Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"