Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

I’m guessing our grave digging villain is also going to turn out to be the father of our earthquake kid?

Well there was a twist, just not the one we thought. Gravedigger is BL's great uncle.

I bet after that wedding was interrupted, they're not going to end up getting married after all. Probably Grace will lose control of her abilities and evolve more and become something that Anissa can't live with. So it will be doomed love as usual.

Well there was a twist, just not the one we thought. Gravedigger is BL's great uncle.
I admit, I didn't see that coming, though it could've been worse and he could've been related to Joe West or John Diggle; but I keep forgetting, the writers have forgotten about the other Earth-Prime shows and characters. :p

I bet after that wedding was interrupted, they're not going to end up getting married after all. Probably Grace will lose control of her abilities and evolve more and become something that Anissa can't live with. So it will be doomed love as usual.
I'm expecting Grace to lose her life to be honest, with next season seeing Anissa lose her **** in an emotional breakdown.

That, or she'll lose her abilities and revert to her actual form, which ends up a middle aged man. What with Anissa being into girls, that's not going to work out.

I admit, I didn't see that coming, though it could've been worse and he could've been related to Joe West or John Diggle; but I keep forgetting, the writers have forgotten about the other Earth-Prime shows and characters. :p

I'm expecting Grace to lose her life to be honest, with next season seeing Anissa lose her **** in an emotional breakdown.

That, or she'll lose her abilities and revert to her actual form, which ends up a middle aged man. What with Anissa being into girls, that's not going to work out.

Maybe Grace will shapeshift into Anissa, and then Khalil will think he's coming to kill the Pierce family but mistakenly kills Grace instead.

Is next week's episode already the season finale? It went quickly after Jefferson returned from Crisis, but dragged a lot before that.

And how can the Pierces be the only stable metas? What about all the metas in the Flash?

Looking forward to watching the finale. I do feel it's weird that Freeland is under attack from another country and there's no assist from Supergirl, ManHunter etc. I hope next season we see some CW cameo's.

Anissa, Grace and Alex love triangle. Jefferson and Diggle Bromance. Give us something please.

Aside from maybe Barry because of his bond with Jefferson, I wouldn't expect to see anyone from the other shows appear unless it was a planned crossover event like World's Finest or Flash vs. Arrow.

Also, yeah, expecting Grace to bite the big one. She's been far too optimistic and after that surprise wedding? Yeah, something's gonna go down.

Wow just wow. What a amazing end to an amazing season. Very emotional and action packed. Honestly this show is without a doubt is still the best CW DC and now Arrowverse series.

It was a good season wrap, but the best? I'd say that's questionable. The fighting between Gravedigger and BL didn't quite flow too well in my opinion, and I still just can't get my head around the fact that all of this is going on, but there's not a single mention of other metas from around the world. It's like this show is still set well within it's own Earth/Multiverse.

Don't get me wrong, we obviously can't have Flash or Supergirl show up in freeland, but a reference to them every once in a while wouldn't go amiss, or an explanation for their absence? Maybe if the events were more low-key then they'd not be called in, but the idea that Freeland was about to get nuked and at no point did any of our heroes think to contact Barry or Kara? Did the writers not get the memo?

Something was obviously going to happen with Grace as the previous episode was a tad too optimistic on the romance angle. We knew a while back that Henderson's character wouldn't be making a return for Season 4 either, so his death was seemingly obvious.

I dont know why Black Lightning gets the brunt of "why isnt he calling Supergirl or Flash" when we've gone years of The Arrowverse ignoring each other during big moments throughout the season and finales. Jefferson barely knows these people, is not used to relying on others, it still very real for me that he wouldnt reach out to them to fix something that he feels is his responsibility.

I dont know why Black Lightning gets the brunt of "why isnt he calling Supergirl or Flash" when we've gone years of The Arrowverse ignoring each other during big moments throughout the season and finales. Jefferson barely knows these people, is not used to relying on others, it still very real for me that he wouldnt reach out to them to fix something that he feels is his responsibility.

Agreed. Heck, I remember this issue once being addressed by Matt Murdock in the third and final season of "Daredevil". His mother had recommended to him that he could seek out others (i.e. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Danny Rand, etc.) for help in his fight against Wilson Fisk. Matt just responded by simply saying that it wasn't "their fight". I'm pretty sure most of the Arrowverse heroes have the same mentality as well.

I really enjoyed the season finale.

I was happy about Jace's death, not because she died but because Brandon was mad annoying with regards to her.

I liked how Khalil was showing a little bit of that Painkiller attitude at the end.

Sad to see Henderson go, but it was expected after knowing he wasn't going to in the next season.

Grace wasn't surprise too. I went back and forth on if they would kill her or not after the engagement, but figured something would at least happen to her.

I hope this ain't the real end of Lady Eve.

EDIT: Gotta pout one out for Jamillah Olsen

Last edited:
So Gravedigger survived. I thought he was unconscious at the time the safe house exploded.

Aren't people going to figure out it's the Pierce family with them all walking out of the court house together like that?

Does Lynn have powers now? And she's still addicted to green light?

Also did Gotham even exist for BL pre Crisis? Of course, most of them wouldn't even know any differently.

Last edited:
That's all very well, but wasn't one of the reasons of throwing all these characters together (on the same Earth) to include more smaller scale crossovers?

What's even the point of establishing the superfriends if they don't feel like they can rely on each other?

Agreed. Heck, I remember this issue once being addressed by Matt Murdock in the third and final season of "Daredevil". His mother had recommended to him that he could seek out others (i.e. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Danny Rand, etc.) for help in his fight against Wilson Fisk. Matt just responded by simply saying that it wasn't "their fight". I'm pretty sure most of the Arrowverse heroes have the same mentality as well.
There's a difference between a single villain with a vendetta compared to an organisation that's about to nuke a city though.

So Gravedigger survived. I thought he was unconscious at the time the safe house exploded.
You'd think he'd have been killed there. Either he woke up suddenly, or one of his default powers enacted(?) on a subconscious level.

Aren't people going to figure out it's the Pierce family with them all walking out of the court house together like that?
When you consider the likes of Thunder, Lightning and Black Lightning are disguised solely by their masks (lets be honest, anyone who's anyone should've figured them out by now) then I don't think we should look too much into anyone figuring out the family.

Does Lynn have powers now? And she's still addicted to green light?
I'm assuming she still has powers, but needs green light to keep them active, so without the green she'll just revert back to a regular person, rather than her having powers by default.

Also did Gotham even exist for BL pre Crisis? Of course, most of them wouldn't even know any differently.
Gotham exist(ed) on Earth-1 and Earth-38 prior to Crisis, so I'm sure it existed on many other Earth's too, but like you've said, even if it didn't, other than Jefferson himself, nobody else is going to know any difference.

If Lynn has powers permanently, this show will become like "No Ordinary Family".

That's all very well, but wasn't one of the reasons of throwing all these characters together (on the same Earth) to include more smaller scale crossovers?

What's even the point of establishing the superfriends if they don't feel like they can rely on each other?

There's a difference between a single villain with a vendetta compared to an organisation that's about to nuke a city though.

Black Lightning doesnt film with the other shows. It's 42hrs away from Vancouver, if they are going to crossover it is going to take A LOT of planning. They dont need to crossover 5 billion times after they just crossed over not that long ago. The other shows all film together and the most they got was Diggle for 1 episode...be mad at that if anything.

I finally watched the finale and I thought it was great. My prediction that Hendersen would die was correct but I'm glad it wasn't a lame death and that he died saving BL. It was weird that they had BL testify in court with his costume on but whatever. Odell must have nine lives as I find it hilarious that he manages to survive in the season finale since his main lackeys were killed off.

I'm glad they didn't kill off Gravedigger as Wayne Brady was so good and I have a feeling he will team up with Tobias next season.

I'm guessing next season Lala and Tobias Whale would go back and forth for the cotrol of Freeland. Hope we see Lady Eve again and that we get more of her backstory with Gambi.

Black Lightning doesnt film with the other shows. It's 42hrs away from Vancouver, if they are going to crossover it is going to take A LOT of planning. They dont need to crossover 5 billion times after they just crossed over not that long ago. The other shows all film together and the most they got was Diggle for 1 episode...be mad at that if anything.

I was hoping maybe they could've brought over some people that weren't regulars on the other shows, or people from Arrow which had already wrapped.

In particular I wanted Arsenal and/or Katana since they were both guests on Arrow this season and the Black Lightning showrunners have consistently teased the Outsiders (looks like Brandon, TC, the kinetic energy girl, Thunder, Lightning, Grace, and maybe Khalil are that group, but it would've been cool to see Roy and Tatsu since they're both Outsiders in the comics and they're both alive and active on Earth-Prime).

I'm not complaining about the finale we got because it was awesome. But it's still something I think would've been cool.

I was hoping maybe they could've brought over some people that weren't regulars on the other shows, or people from Arrow which had already wrapped.

In particular I wanted Arsenal and/or Katana since they were both guests on Arrow this season and the Black Lightning showrunners have consistently teased the Outsiders (looks like Brandon, TC, the kinetic energy girl, Thunder, Lightning, Grace, and maybe Khalil are that group, but it would've been cool to see Roy and Tatsu since they're both Outsiders in the comics and they're both alive and active on Earth-Prime).

I'm not complaining about the finale we got because it was awesome. But it's still something I think would've been cool.

They still have to budget for those type of guest stars and introduce them. It would be to hectic that late in the game, especially with how late BL themselves got added to the crossover.

So the shows creator Salim Akil is from Richmond California like me and he originally wanted to call Freeland Richmond.

I just think that’s cool to have someone from the same place I grew up creating a show that I love.

So pretty dope. Probably posted that before but I don’t remember lol.

Currently rewatching the series on Netflix.

Last edited:
Call me intensely curious to see how current events are going to effect next season.

I think we'll get less hugs and stuff but luckily all of their powers can keep them at a distance so that should help with hand2hand combat.

not sure he meant Covid..... more the whole BLM movement and what's happened with cops in recent weeks, This and The Rookie are the two shows i watch that are going to be really impacted by what's happened IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"