Black Mesa Trailer

Half-Life has been availible tor run under the source engine for quite a while (I have it since I own the GOTY edition of HL2, which included it). Black Mesa Source however is a complete top-to-bottom remake. Unlike Half-Life source which was sloppily ported over without any significant upgrades other than physics, everything in Black Mesa Source has been upgraded to be up-to-spec with Half-Life 2 and it's expansion episodes. Quite an amazing feat for a fanwork, to be sure. I'm just glad that Valve aren't the kind of guys to dole out cease-and-desist orders, because this is looking great.

If they included OpFor and Blue Shift, I would, too. If Valve just bought them up and released Black Mesa as Half-Life: Source, New and Improved Edition, I would be pretty annoyed.

Me, too. I've tried to replay it several times but I can never get past how dated the graphics are. Hopefully, Black Mesa should fix that.

Great news. I haven't played the original Half-Life in years. The only way I can replay it now is if I get the ps2 version. Hopefully, this'll bring back memories. Does anyone know the release date?

I remember seeing this trailer--somewhere.. Looks good enough.

Great news. I haven't played the original Half-Life in years. The only way I can replay it now is if I get the ps2 version. Hopefully, this'll bring back memories. Does anyone know the release date?
Just.. 2009 :o

I'm really excited for it. I wish they could give us a concrete release date, but I can appreciate that they're taking their time and don't want to make any promises they can't keep.

I remember hating that level with the room full of water.. you had to jump from table to table

I wasn't a huge fan either. Nor of the one where you have to jump from box to box across some toxic waste with those tendril-faced things waiting on the other side. Platforming's always dodgy in first-person games.

..and I hate jumping (and missing)

They really need to **** or get off the pot.

http://rapidshare.com/files/416309423/black.rar

Pcpp_jan2010_01.jpg

Pcpp_jan2010_02.jpg

Pcpp_jan2010_04.jpg

Pcpp_jan2010_05.jpg

Pcpp_jan2010_03.jpg

Pcpp_jan2010_06.jpg

Last edited:
So, does anyone know when part 2 is coming out? (The one with Xen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"