Black Mirror (Science Fiction anthology TV Show)

tumblr_pe77n31qq41vtgycbo5_r2_400.gifv

I hope Rob Delaney and Zazie Beetz are in the same episode, and he finally gives her his email.

watching the first ep of the new season liking it so far

I actually found some time to binge the latest season last night which I had no idea was dropping and honestly considering how long we had to wait for it I thought it was kind of disappointing.

This show already somewhat fell off for me a while ago, but I keep watching hoping it would get better and outside of the last two episodes I was just kind of bored during a good majority of the season.

The Josh Hartnett/Aaron Paul episode for example was a real struggle for me to get through, but at least I can say that I really enjoyed the performances from those two, especially Hartnett.

The Selma Hayek episode was pretty entertaining too.

Absolutely loved Joan Is Awful and all the meta references that it had. It's probably the most mainstream cast out of all of the Black Mirror episodes and it's maybe the least depressing episode after USS Callister.

Also, it was interesting to see that this was Wunmi Mosaku's 2nd appearance on the show (first in Playtest and now Joan in Awful).

I've only watched Joan is Awful and Loch Henry so far.

Joan is Awful I didn't care for. It's too meta in the way that Black Museum was, and I didn't enjoy that either. I think this show is at its best when it's British and this one was just a miss for me. I will certainly end up in my bottom 5 of episodes.

Loch Henry was just fine. I image big true crime lovers will dig this episode, and it's certainly better than JIA. It's nice seeing Podrick from Game of Thrones again.

Watched them all. It was an enjoyable run. Nothing massively stood out as great or bad. Certainly a better season than 5, but not as good as any of the earlier seasons either. Must have been the first time I opened Netflix in months. I need to cancel it.

I liked this season quite a bit

My only criticism would be most of the episodes felt like a straight horror anthology, rather than the tech-based Twilight Zone its usually been in the past.

So while it didn't feel very Black Mirror per se, I still enjoyed the episodes on their own merits

Finished Beyond The Sea. It's probably the best of the three I've watched so far, but it still doesn't match most of season 1-4 for me personally. It did go a lot darker than I expected it to, which was a welcomed change. I'm with @BoredGuy where these do feel a little more horror anthology than Black Mirror.

Just watched Joan is Awful. Loved it and didn’t see that final twist coming. Annie Murphy and Salma Hayek KILLED it.

Finished the season, and I agree it definitely went into more horror anthology than Twilight Zone/technophobia anthology in the last two episodes. Still enjoyed it overall. I would say Joan is Awful is gonna get the most attention out of the rest, but I really loved Demon 79 and it's cool to see Bisha K. Ali be a co-writer for this.

I can't wait for a new generation to rediscover Boney M for the 5th time. :o

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"