Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

87257208405e9618a32e80700b0a127e.jpg

daae8391089e59c61c540d0f4b56b0bc.jpg

yjz0ukzrorw01.jpg

94544-full.jpg

1526574390_740d923405283fd1b91cd837def98f48.jpg

Brandon Lee in The Crow is the only one that I can think of.

The others weren't as successful.

Imagine if Black Panther 2 had already started filming and he died during production. That would make it difficult to finish the movie without a major rewrite or having to recast and restart the filming.

Honestly the best way to honor him would be to continue T'Challas story, he seemed to love the character and what it meant to people, to kill him offscreen or move on would be a disservice.

Either way, RIP and wishing his family strength during such a trying time, we'll worry about BP2 in due time.

I don’t think you guys realize the insurance issues with casting an actor who might die. Marvel definitely didn’t know. From the sound of things, no one outside his family knew. He seemingly wanted it to be a private matter. Marvel would have replaced him if they knew. In fact, looking at the history of film production, it’s likely Marvel couldn’t even get a loan to make a film with the star knowingly having cancer. It’s too big of a financial risk. Read up on John Cazale’s fight with cancer. He couldn’t get roles due to the insurance. DeNiro paid out of his own pocket for Cazale to be in The Deer Hunter.

Altman had cancer his last movie and PTA had to be on set everyday to replace him and finish the film if he had died. Movies are hellah expensive and they can’t put that money at risk, so if there’s a legitimate chance a key personnel won’t survive the making of a film, the insurance is otherworldly.

Posted this in RIP celebrities thread, but I just felt like posting it here as well:

I can’t even believe he’s really gone. This feels so...surreal. Just when I thought 2020 couldn’t get any worse.:(

I could say so many words of condolences about him, but I’d just be repeating everyone else, so I’ll just post this little scene of him from Civil War:

This little bit, due to his excellent acting and line delivery, helped me get over my anger towards my brother’s ex-wife’s divorcing my brother and wronging me and my family. It had been eating me up inside for months and was messing with me. She appeared in a dream I had, where I initially turned away, but decided to hug her and ultimately forgive her. I had decided that I would not “let it consume me” anymore. And I was fine afterwards. No more anger.

Rest in power, my king. Thank you for teaching us to build bridges, and not barriers. May you be counted among the other great Wakandan kings of old, and your great memory live on in the hearts of the people you have touched and inspired.

Wakanda Forever.

P.s. — seriously, though, 2020 can not **** itself any harder.

Honestly the best way to honor him would be to continue T'Challas story, he seemed to love the character and what it meant to people, to kill him offscreen or move on would be a disservice.

Either way, RIP and wishing his family strength during such a trying time, we'll worry about BP2 in due time.
Chadwick knew how much Black Panther meant to people and would certainly want the character to continue without him.

Killing the character off screen would be a huge disservice to the chracter and Boseman's legacy in my opinion

Assuming they're re-casting, how about Donald Glover? 36 years old, sort of has the right look.

Assuming they're re-casting, how about Donald Glover? 36 years old, sort of has the right look.
That would throw things off since he's already appeared in the MCU as Uncle Aaron. I'd rather Gambino suit up as Prowler than replace Chad.

That would throw things off since he's already appeared in the MCU as Uncle Aaron. I'd rather Gambino suit up as Prowler than replace Chad.

Just a reminder... One could say the same about Gemma Chan in Capt. Marvel but now she's also in Eternals.

RIP Chadwick Boseman. It won't be easy to recast. It's only the 2nd Marvel movie where they had to recast the lead, but with Hulk it was a very different scenario and he was never the lead in a follow up film. The first film was extremely successful so it will be a real challenge with a new actor.

Has there been any other successful first film in a franchise where the lead has died and they had to recast?

First off, I'd like to state that I'm deeply saddened by this news. I mentioned this in the Lounge thread as well, but Chadwick truly made an difference for people all across the globe. My thoughts and condolences goes out to his family and loved ones for their loss.

In regards to your original question, the only other example that I can think of is Albus Dumbledore from the original Harry Potter series.

main-qimg-96856d42ec1c40b4463dde0cc90a9156

Last edited:
This is so sad....I can‘t think about anyone to replace him.
We‘ll never see T‘Challa and Ororo, never as a member of the Illuminati, never T‘Challa vs Namor, Doom...

I know speaking of recasting shouldn't be a thing but I'd love to see John Boyega take up the mantle, he clearly isnt afraid to speak his mind on racial issues as a black man and having that presence take up the mantle of Black Panther would be empowering.

I had to do a double take when I saw the headline on my phone.

I had two uncles taken by cancer. It wasn’t pretty. The fact that Boseman fought for four years without showing a single sign of it, that is a superheroic feat in itself. RIP.

**** you, cancer. Wakanda Forever.

Unless they knew about his condition, I doubt Marvel was expecting the need to recast a major role like this. You have to think this throws the BP2 production for a bit of a loop, especially since Coogler is supposedly still writing the script. I could easily see this film getting pushed to 2023 if Coogler and Marvel feel they need extra time to deal with his death.

This is extremely sad. I've blown some record breaking snot bubbles this morning. Surprised by the death and the level of sadness I'm feeling about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"