Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

I 'm not being overly sensitive. I just found it odd that a moderator would "like" a post that ignored a previous issued warning.

Which is why I issued a warning shortly after.

If you have a problem, please move to PMs. I would be happy to discuss it further in PMs, but not going to derail the thread with this sidebar any further.

Thinking this over, recasting is the best option. Chadwick from his talks about the importance of the character and the movie for the culture he would want it that way. If you don’t, you are putting him over the character.

Thinking this over, recasting is the best option. Chadwick from his talks about the importance of the character and the movie for the culture he would want it that way. If you don’t, you are putting him over the character.

Yeah. I know we shouldn't say that "Chadwick would have wanted..."

But just watching the documentary on him tonight on TV, he recognized the importance of the character. Chad wouldn't want T'Challa buried with him.

And damn, just the dignity, soul and grace he brought to T'Challa;

I think only Chris Evans (Cap) and the Chris Reeves Superman come close when it comes to inspiring superheroes.

True. I’m thankful for the 7-8 movies he delivered while diagnosed with cancer before he passed. Chad’s a legend.
A legend? Not even close. But was a solid up and coming actor who had some decent performances portraying actual legends. And I don’t mean BP, definitely talking about Jackie Robinson.

A legend? Not even close. But was a solid up and coming actor who had some decent performances portraying actual legends. And I don’t mean BP, definitely talking about Jackie Robinson.
James Dean is considered a legend and cultural icon, yet he had a shorter career than Boseman.

James Dean is considered a legend and cultural icon, yet he had a shorter career than Boseman.
Yet was a much bigger deal and more iconic when he was doing his thing as an actor.

And was a better actor by comparison to his peers. IE an actual legend. Boseman, as much as I like him, not even close.

Can’t retroactively raise his status because of a death at such a young age.

Yet was a much bigger deal when he was doing his thing as an actor. And was a better actor by comparison to his peers. IE an actual legend. He was iconic. Boseman, as much as I like him, not even close.

This is a subjective argument. Question: is there a reason you want to come in and just put down a guy that died? I don't know about you, but if Robert Pattinson died, I wouldn't go to your Batman forum spouting things like I thought the sparkly vampire sucked and everyone hated him. Just saying.

This is a subjective argument. Question: is there a reason you want to come in and just put down a guy that died? I don't know about you, but if Robert Pattinson died, I wouldnt go to your Batman forum spouting things like I thought the sparkly vampire sucked and everyone hated him. Just saying.
No it’s not subjective. James Dean was a cultural icon. And a better actor than his peers. Boseman wasn’t (and I like the guy).

I’m not putting him down. I disagreed with the retroactive notion after death that he was a legendary actor. Because he wasn’t. No one was talking of him in that manner just 3 days ago.

That’s not “putting him down“, I’m being realistic about who he actually was within his craft.

As for the bolded, I haven’t said anything remotely close to like that at all though. I said he was good actor and from what I know a likable person in REAL life.

So enough with the over sensitivity or perceived slight, please.

Last edited:
I think only Chris Evans (Cap) and the Chris Reeves Superman come close when it comes to inspiring superheroes.
No RDJ as Iron Man? And his inspiring rising Phoenix / life turn around story arc? He’s in there for sure. He’s the whole reason the MCU exists.

I personally didn’t think BP was inspiring beyond its social significance to some. Not as actual on screen performance as the character inspiring.

But I could see why it would be in the list.

No it’s not subjective. James Dean was a cultural icon. And a better actor than his peers. Boseman wasn’t (and I like the guy).

I’m not putting him down. I disagreed with the retroactive notion after death that he was a legendary actor. Because he wasn’t. No one was talking of him in that manner just 3 days ago.

As for the bolded, I haven’t said anything remotely close to like that at all though. So enough with the over sensitivity or perceived slight, please.

Dude, plenty of people in the industry have spoken about how he affected it. These are people with better knowledge of this stuff than you or me, so don't try to present your opinion as some kind of fact. It is not. It is your opinion.

Again, it seems to me all you want to do is rile people up. Otherwise I don't know what you're doing here. So respectfully, I would ask to let people grieve over the guy without trying put down the dead.

I think the reverberations sent by his passing show how much of a cultural impact his short life has had. Which is far greater than James deans contribution to culture. Imo.

I think the reverberations sent by his passing show how much of a cultural impact his short life has had. Which is far greater than James deans contribution to culture. Imo.
Were you alive during James Dean’s passing?

He still had that impact and influence decades after his death, not in an age of social media, or such importance on entertainment and superhero movies.

Hell, River Phoenix was a more legendary actor. He too died young, also his acting inspiration? James Dean.

Not even close. This just took place. He wasn’t regarded as a legendary actor while he was making movies. He’s definitely not a cultural icon. People weren’t buying movie tickets off his name attachment alone. Maybe for a niche segment of people, maybe. But not America at-large.

Black Panther was a cultural significant thing for some people, for some reason. Even though black heroes and even superheroes had existed on the big screen well before.

Let’s not over inflate someone’s stature just because they passed away. That’s not being honest.

Were you alive during James Dean’s passing? He still had that impact and influence decades after himself, not in an age of social media, or such importance on entertainment and superhero movies.

Hell, River Phoenix was a more legendary actor. He too died young, also his acting inspiration? James Dean.

Not even close. This just took place. He wasn’t regarded as a legendary actor while he was making movies. He’s definitely not a cultural icon. Maybe for a niche segment of people, maybe. But not America at-large.

Let’s not over inflate someone’s stature just because they passed away. That’s not being honest.

Once again, the guy hasn't even been buried yet. This discussion so soon after the man's real death is disrespectful at best and trolling at worst. So, go elsewhere.

Yet was a much bigger deal and more iconic when he was doing his thing as an actor.

And was a better actor by comparison to his peers. IE an actual legend. Boseman, as much as I like him, not even close.

Can’t retroactively raise his status because of a death at such a young age.
Have you actually seen a movie with James Dean? I was just wondering are you basing your opinions of him on?

Yes, just shut it down.

Why the opinion is all of a sudden considered to be trolling?
It's not obligatory to consider any actor to be an icon. Even if he dies.
And there's no insults in what theBattinson says. In fact, I agree with almost everything he says.

Why the opinion is all of a sudden considered to be trolling?
It's not obligatory to consider any actor to be an icon. Even if he dies.
And there's no insults in what theBattinson says. In fact, I agree with almost everything he says.

1 - It's an opinion. TheBattinson here himself lays out this opinion as a fact. His own words. That is called baiting.

2 - The man just died. There is a time and a place for things. Like my example above. Why do you pick a man's death so suddenly be super vocal about how unimportant you think they are? Especially someone who never posts in these particular forums. Makes one wonder about the motivation. Where was this like 2 weeks ago? Or where TheBattinson was all these months and months Black Panther has been out?

Sorry, but this is easily trolling.

Have some courtesy for the dead and for those mourning the dude. Not much to ask for. No one wants to examine why James Dean was or wasn't more iconic just after the man died.

Last edited:
My motivation to show up and discuss some aspects of future BP2 is that I'm was rather shocked to hear that people don't want to recast a character, which is considered that important and they prefer to see another character in his place.
But maybe that's because they didn't have time to think it over yet. If that character is that important, it should be rather obvious that he shouldn't be buried just because the first actor who portrayed him died.

I understand the importance of the character for som people even if I consider his first solo movie to be weak. In fact, I would really like to see a solo BP movie (with T'Challa) which I could say is really good and worthy that whole noise which surrounded it's release. Still hoping I'll see that movie in not so distant future.

My motivation to show up and discuss some aspects of future BP2 is that I'm was rather shocked to hear that people don't want to recast a character, which is considered that important and they prefer to see another character in his place.
But maybe that's because they didn't have time to think it over yet. If that character is that important, it should be rather obvious that he shouldn't be buried just because the first actor who portrayed him died.

I was referring to TheBattinson's motivation about talking about why Boseman is not an icon so soon after his death. Not the question of recast vs new character. Talking about what to do with the charactet's future is perfectly valid. So I wasn't actually referring to you. Sorry if there was confusion.

I know you were refering to him, but I've also been back here after long time, so I've explained my reasons to not be considered a troll too ;)

dCN2gnz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"