Black Panther 2: General Discussions & Speculations Thread

Discussion in 'Black Panther Sequels' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

Well...
    apparently there was a leaked beat-by-beat trailer description of Avengers 4 and if it's legit then it seems like M'Baku apparently took over as king while Shuri might just be doing science stuff with Banner. If M'Baku is indeed the king, it certainly raises the question of if there's actually a Black Panther at this point in the chronology since he's of a different religion. Certainly sets the stage for an interesting dynamic that I'm fairly sure is going to be overlooked and rendered somewhat irrelevant once the events of Avengers 4 happen.

2. legendkillin

legendkillin Registered

Glad he is officially back, I'm sure they have known for a long time he would return.

3. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Registered

In the epilogue to Black Panther 2, King TChalla can visit Harlem’s Paradise, and walks confidently into the private meeting room area...

“Mr. Cage.. I think it is time that I introduced myself.”

(LC puts down newspaper with headline of “Wakandans considering east coast location for community outreach center and US consulate buildings”)

“Brother, what took you so long?”

fade to BLACK.........................

Hello2016 likes this.
  4. eon001

eon001 Registered

I've mentioned this already, but I want a story that involves the War dog spies. I listened to an interview with producer Nate Moore, and he gave a detailed summery on there background and purpose.

They are seeded in countries around the world. Infiltrate governments and makes sure they keep the countries interests away from Wakanda. It's not just the barrier and hologram that hides Wakanda. They literally have spies in every country misdirecting and blocking any potential suspicions from other countries.

How does a Wakandan in North Korea infiltrate there government? Does he work with a Korean team and has them do the dirty work while he pulls the strings. Does he pose as student. The premise really lends itself to some cool mission impossible style team spy work.

I also would be interested in seeing what happens to W'kabi. In my fanboy imagination, I would have him out casted by T'chala and he teams up with some Wardogs that defected to Killmonger. Maybe becomes a gun for hire. I couldn't see him becoming a straight up villain, but he did hint that he would like to "clean up" the rest of the world. Maybe he becomes a misguided mini dictator of a small Island or something.

5. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

6. BWonder

BWonder Jessamine Lovelace

x-er likes this.
  7. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I see no reason for her not to return. And I hope she is still BP's love interest. Lupita is awesome!

8. BWonder

BWonder Jessamine Lovelace

well only reason i asked, cause they haven't recast her in second film yet, i mean, maybe it's still early on, but i donno.

9. OnTheAir

OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

10. KevTravels

KevTravels Registered

I gotta figure Chadwick and Ryan are about to get mega paid $$$ for the sequel. And Lupita and Danai as well.

11. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Happy Birthday to them both. :up:

12. King_Nomarch

King_Nomarch Registered

13. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

"I am your king now"!

14. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

15. KevTravels

KevTravels Registered

Such an intelligent guy. And he's also a writer/director. Really impressive.

16. eon001

eon001 Registered

Tonally I hope the movies lean even harder into politics. Black Panther is the only hero that's a world leader. I want him at the UN, making presidential decisions as well as superhero decisions.

I would also like to see Namor and Doom as antagonists, because there the only 2 super villains that also run a country too. Politics and powers are what will set the BP franchise apart.

MagicStingRay, x-er and Melpardus like this.
  17. terry78

terry78 We'll be right back

Namor isn't really a villain, he's just an *******.

KRYPTON INC. and eon001 like this.
  18. eon001

eon001 Registered

That's why I called him an antagonist and not a villain ;)

I like the idea of Namor being an anti hero that clashes with T'chala.

19. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

Given the little I know of him, I could see Namor as being a long-running antagonist, though I find it hard to fathom their conflict being anything outside of some kind of personal grudge that never really becomes the focus of a single movie. Unless you have another character in there pulling a Civil War-style Zemo, I just don't see what Wakanda and Atlantis could possibly have to do with each other, especially given at least the former's historical isolationism and not even being a coastal country in the MCU.

As for Dr. Doom (also know little in-depth about), I think he could definitely work as a Black Panther villain who then carries over into being a whole Avengers-level threat in the same way Loki was for Thor into The Avengers.

I'd like to see an external [Earth-bound] threat rear its head as well as another Black Panther-specific villain from in-around Wakanda, though the threat posed from the latter would have to be different enough to not feel like another Killmonger-style coup. Honestly, the only thing I'm really hoping for here is that the groundwork is laid for the third film being a Priest level Enemy of the State-esque story. How to get there, I don't know...

20. x-er

x-er Registered

That would be cool. We’ve seen Black Panther at the UN in Civil War and we’ve seen his nation and its resources in BP, as well as the beginnings of a very inspiring outreach center in America. keep going the social and political route in the MCU and the issues that will arise from a new population of superpowered mutants will be fun to watch from that political POV don’t you Think?

And then say Magneto is eventually tried internationally after trying to create a nation on an asteroid that crashed into earth and becomes hid own nation or gets Genosha... whoa!! That’s a lot of awesome developments. Sorry to go off on a tangent

Reminds of X-men 1 jean grey before the senate :*)

King_Nomarch and eon001 like this.
  21. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger The North Remembers

"Prince Namor, the UN General Assembly would be delighted to hear your speech on global defense, but could you please put on some clothes first?"

"Never!!!!":argh:

KevTravels and eon001 like this.
  22. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

I'll take a Daniel Wu Namor in the sequel :D

Silvermoth likes this.
  23. samsnee

samsnee Ok

I really hope they improve the FX for the sequel. I know the rhino sequencen gets flack, but even the waterfall scenes look fake. It’s so obvious they are on a sound stage surrounded by green screen. There’s no sense of grandeur.

24. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Namor would definitely be an interesting antoganist. I’m not sure marvel have the rights to him yet though

25. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Okay... This sequel being done in a future date presents some of the issues with the way the Snapture/Five year jump/Resurrection issues from AEG are problematic for me.

By bringing only the people back and not reversing things to the way they were and having the world not only continue on but now have to deal with how everyone is alive again... This I think should have effects that are far reaching but likely won't get explored.

For instance... Wakanda ran just fine without a King for five years, and from what we saw in AEG, Wakanda now is integrated into the world much more than before. The conference call Black Widow has shows this. But now, the Panther is back. Will they go into how this shift will be accepted? Should it be? Given the state the world would be in during the aftermath of IW, how much aide did Wakanda give? Or has the Wakandan outreach even surpassed what Panther was going for when he was last on the scene?

And... Will ANY of this or ideas like it actually be explored or will the implications of this insane event just get hand waved?