Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

did anybody notice the easter egg okoye dropped during the conference call?

did anybody notice the easter egg okoye dropped during the conference call?

Something about the African continental plate shifting? I'm not sure what that meant but I was getting the vibe that some other big threat/consequence is/was looming.

Yeah my friend said
it might be a namor Easter egg since she mentioned a submarine type thing

Ok...so I just watched Aquaman for the first time yesterday and I thought it was a much better/enjoyable film overall than black panther. BP on paper easily had the better talent in front and behind the camera and where that film succeeds over Aquaman are in its themes and acting but everything else....Aquaman wipes the seabed with BP.

The action was better, the visual effects were better and consistently even, the hero wasn't shamefully overshadowed by his supporting cast and the exploration of the more fantastical elements I.e. the sea creatures and dinosaurs showed what a wasted opportunity it was to not have Bast show up after one consumes the HSH and pass judgement on one's worthiness to be the BP.

I also felt the political intrigue could have been a bit more juicier...more GoT season 1-3 level and am I can't believe I have to keep stressing this but T'Challa's action/fight scenes NEED to be BETTER. The Russo's in working with the character 3 times in a limited capacity got his moves looking infinitely better than his own whole movie.

BP is who he is. Do NOT water him down. He and his mythology need to be displayed in full glory and I've said it before and I'll say it again...Coogler's got his work cut out for him for the sequel.

Interesting, especially if Disney follows through on not filming in Georgia following their abortion laws

Interesting, especially if Disney follows through on not filming in Georgia following their abortion laws

BP2 isn't close to starting production while Shang-Chi has been fast-tracked and always been slated for filming in Australia so I doubt the fight over those laws has affected anything yet.

Yeah BP2 is still in the preproduction phase. Will likely get news on it during D23 where Marvel is confirmed to be revealing details on Phase 4 or whatever Feige plans on calling the next set.

Marvel Studios President Responds To 'Black Panther 2' Killmonger Rumors

Is there hope for Marvel’s best on-screen villain?

Published Yesterday

Following the massive — and record-breaking — fanfare of Black Panther, fans of the Marvel film quickly began theorizing what its sequel could look like. One of the most popular claims to date remains the possibility of killed-off character Killmonger's return for the follow-up.

Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, gave a statement to BET at the Spider-Man Far From Home press junket. While addressing the rumor, he made it clear that it's just that — a rumor.

“Pure rumor," he said. "The honest answer to that is that is pure rumor and speculation because Mr. [Ryan] Coogler is just only in recent weeks sitting down at his keyboard and beginning to outline the movie. It’s early. So nothing is set yet in any way that far because Mr. Coogler [is] sitting down and will share it with Nate Moore and myself in coming weeks.”

If he's only just sitting down to write an outline now, BP2 likely isn't going to come out until 2022.

Glad he’s just now writing it. That means it’s a good chance we may see Ororo.

I hope he doesn't add Storm and her inclusion seems unlikely. Storm's current inclusion in the BP comics is bad enough, I dont wanna see it on the big screen.

Guessing it is that Feb 12th 2021 date on MCU phase 4 calendar, my bday.

It's likely now going to fit into the Feb 2022 spot and GOTG Vol 3 will get the May 2022 spot.
3 more years of not seeing Panther in a bigger part, but I am sure Coogler is hard at work writing something amazing. At least Blade will come out near the same year or the following. I would like to see the interaction between the two characters.

Frankly I don't give a cap about Blade. It amazes me that the highest grossing solo superhero film of all time and a true global cultural phenomena isn't being prioritised to come out sooner. Coogler better be making something beyond epic because it seems we're going to go through a whole phase without getting a BP film.

Feige stated that the MCU all the way up until phase 5 had been mapped out years ago, and he's not going to change it. I don't think they anticipated that BP was going to be the global hit that it was, hence why we're not getting it sooner...

I wasn't surprised that there wasn't anything BP2 related because I don't think Coogler has the first draft of his script finished. The only other thing we know is that Boseman, Duke, Gurira, Nyong'o, Bassett and Wright will be back.

Yeah it’s more important to keep Coogler happy because without him, this movie suffers. Marvel knows this, and unlike other studios, have other properties to make money while Coogler polishes the script. When you rush things, that’s how you get Spider-man 3 or Iron Man 2.

Ok...so I just watched Aquaman for the first time yesterday and I thought it was a much better/enjoyable film overall than black panther. BP on paper easily had the better talent in front and behind the camera and where that film succeeds over Aquaman are in its themes and acting but everything else....Aquaman wipes the seabed with BP.

The action was better, the visual effects were better and consistently even, the hero wasn't shamefully overshadowed by his supporting cast and the exploration of the more fantastical elements I.e. the sea creatures and dinosaurs showed what a wasted opportunity it was to not have Bast show up after one consumes the HSH and pass judgement on one's worthiness to be the BP.

I also felt the political intrigue could have been a bit more juicier...more GoT season 1-3 level and am I can't believe I have to keep stressing this but T'Challa's action/fight scenes NEED to be BETTER. The Russo's in working with the character 3 times in a limited capacity got his moves looking infinitely better than his own whole movie.

BP is who he is. Do NOT water him down. He and his mythology need to be displayed in full glory and I've said it before and I'll say it again...Coogler's got his work cut out for him for the sequel.
This is such an astonishingly bad take.

Its almost like Coogler's work isn't the reason it was nominated for an oscar.

Yeah it’s more important to keep Coogler happy because without him, this movie suffers. Marvel knows this, and unlike other studios, have other properties to make money while Coogler polishes the script. When you rush things, that’s how you get Spider-man 3 or Iron Man 2.

I would not expect anything official about BP2 until next Comic-Con.

This is such an astonishingly bad take.

Its almost like Coogler's work isn't the reason it was nominated for an oscar.
You can think what you like but Coogler and Cole's writing for the movie was far from brilliant and I wasn't impressed by Oscar nomination for best picture; more shocked. There were so many things wrong and creatively left on the table with the BP movie that prevented the film from holistically being a great film.

That's the beauty of having such a big universe, so many established characters and new ones added regularly.

They've added 5 films to their slate, without announcing Black Panther 2 (their highest grossing solo), Captain Marvel 2 (their third highest grossing solo) Guardians 3, (huge fan favorites) or an Avenger movie (only the highest grossing film ever) and people have still been over the moon for the announced films.

Iron Man (and Thor to a lesser degree) was the unfortunate victim of having only a couple of characters when the MCU was established. Both Iron Man 2 and 3 were rushed and underdeveloped but they needed them because they had to indirectly promote the Avengers and introduce Black Widow, and they also had to follow the Avengers with something.

I'm glad that Black Panther 2 isn't rushed. Coogler has all the freedom to create a great sequel. It's up to him to deliver.

You can think what you like but Coogler and Cole's writing for the movie was far from brilliant and I wasn't impressed by Oscar nomination for best picture; more shocked. There were so many things wrong and creatively left on the table with the BP movie that prevented the film from holistically being a great film.
What are these things that are wrong?

I saw your posts when the movie first came out. It went from being 2nd favorite MCU movie to your favorite after a couple of viewings. Now its not on the level of Aquaman? People can always change their minds, but seems like you're forcing it.

Just because it wasnt the Black Panther film YOU wanted doesnt mean it wasn't a great film.

Coogler/Cole's writing focusing on the diaspora was incredible. Don't wory I'm sure they'll have Black Panther just beating up run of the mill bad guys in cool action scenes to satisfy your taste in the future.

Because I said all I want is BP to go around beating people up...seeing as you've read my past posts go back and read again where I've already outlined my issues with the film.

Furthermore, I'm not denying that what Coogler and Cole did was good it just wasn't the brilliance that a number of people claim it to be. In this day and age and with the resources available to Coogler a better job could and should have been done. That whole scene in Nigeria was poorly lit. If any film maker wants to know how to effectively shoot dark/night time action scenes go and study what Jackson and his team did for the battle of Helms Deep (the principle of how to shoot such scenes for the sakecog visibility is what's key in this regard). Secondly, T'Challa as a character should never be so unceremoniously overshadowed by a number of his supporting cast. Not ever. Killmonger, Shuri and Okoye all overshadowed him and in a big way. I'm all for character arcs of growth but the fundamental nature of T'Challa's character was missing for the most part. Coogler really needs to stay clear from that hack Tanehisi Coates and focus on studying BP's mythology from the likes of Priest, Hudlin, Aaron, Hickman...even Mayberry. If people think what Coogler did was so brilliant then if he focused and adapted elements from the aforementioned Coogler would blow people's minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"