Black Panther 2: General Discussions & Speculations Thread

Discussion in 'Black Panther Sequels' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

I assumed it was just a given that he'll be back in some capacity. I wonder what Coogler has planned for him considering the cut UN scene that makes him seem like more of an ally to Wakanda than just another guy who happened to encounter T'Challa and co.

2. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

So with the Disney/Sony deal coming to an end, I guess that takes Kraven out of the picture here. Don't know how likely that was to begin with, but now it appears set in stone.

Not a huge loss. If Coogler can incorporate Storm and Namor in here, that'd be big.

3. James.B

James.B In search of the absurd

4. OnTheAir

OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

I get my wish!

5. samsnee

samsnee Ok

Eh they should have stuck to February. It’s Black History Month, and won’t have much competition for a month so would have strong legs at the box office.

Dark Raven likes this.
  6. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I knew it! duh!

I wonder if they will keep that as the title.

7. samsnee

samsnee Ok

I think they said it wasn’t. I assume the real title might be a spoiler.

Dark Raven likes this.
  8. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Kinda wonder if the plan was to space out their potential May opener-type movies by placing BP2 in 2022 and potentially having GOTG3 in 2023.

9. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

The May release date does insinuate that the film will be bigger and I foresee BP2 getting the TDK/WS soldier treatment in terms of an overall quality jump. However, I still would have preferred a February release date. A BP movie during black history month just fits.

Melpardus likes this.
  10. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

I never bought that Kraven would be in the movie anyway, so it's no loss as far as I'm concerned.

11. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Wonderful! The fun begins! Funny they haven’t decided on a name yet eg: Black Panther 2: enemy of the state or similar

12. samsnee

samsnee Ok

I don’t think the script has even been written. So the Kraven rumor was always just wishful thinking.

13. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Registered

Safe to say we'll get most of the cast back except Serkis and MBJ, unless he appears in flashback.

14. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

Cooler has a title for the film and he's already handed in a treatment. They're just not revealing any details aside from the release date for now. All of this was confirmed at D23.

15. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

For many reasons I really don't want Killmonger back. It'll also be good for Coogler to make a film that doesn't star MBJ.

psylockolussus likes this.
  16. DeadStroke

DeadStroke Registered

You keep saying this like BP didn't already start off on par or not far off in terms of success in terms of money/critics. I know SHH doesn't love it as much as others but that doesn't mean that its inital success wasn't already on that caliber.

I think you mean to say you hope Black Panther/T'Challa has the jump you hope for.

Asking the movie itself to make that jump would be unreal.

17. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

This is probably irrelevant and inconsequential, but I decided to look up May 6 for historical events in African/African diasporic history. The only notable ones I could find are the start of the Haitian Revolution (1794), the Zulu attack on the Boers at the Battle of Holkrans (1902), and Mandela's official win of South Africa’s first post-apartheid election (1994). That said, you're probably right that this just means that the movie will be bigger than the previous one, or at least Marvel's banking more on it.

18. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

I keep saying what? What I said is what I meant. BB and TFA were great movies but the quality jump for the sequels made their second respective films all the more better. I've told you and everyone else here BP was a good movie and regardless of the money it made and it's critical appraisal I didn't think it was great. You seem to oddly think I'm speaking on behalf of the masses or being unreasonable in my hopes. I'm not. I'm speaking only for myself which is evident and there is/was plenty of room for improvement. Coogler himself at D23 said they're not rushing this thing and they're trying to get everything right. Wise words. My expectations for the sequels aren't unreal I just have higher standards which I believe Coogler and the team are capable of; and cultural significance aside as a film overall no...BP is not even in the same bracket as TWS or TDK....God knows there are plenty of poles that have those 2 films smoking BP and BP more often than not isn't even top 5 let alone to laughably put it in the same breath as TDK and TWS.

SpocksBrain likes this.
  19. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Registered

Even if Jordan doesn't come back, most of the cast should be back: all of the women (Bassett, Gurira, Nyong'o, Wright), Duke and Boseman. Freeman coming back will be good too.

20. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

I don't think anyone was disputing that but in any case, yes, the supporting cast should and will likely all be back. I also want Florence Kasumba's Aiyo to have a bigger role.

21. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

Was Ayo actually in Endgame? I don't see Kasumba being credited for that movie in any source (including her own website), and the last we saw her she was trying to protect Shuri from Corvus Glaive in Infinity War.

22. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

She wasn't in Endgame.

They need to change BP's mask and switch up his costume a little but the mask needs to be improved.

23. KevTravels

KevTravels Registered

I'm pretty suprised its 2022 instead of 2021. I was thinking Coogler or Boseman are too busy on other projects.

24. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Well the gap between Ds1 and Ds2 is 5 years, while Thor 3 and Thor 4 have a 4 year gap. Marvel is also launching Shang Chi in 2021.

Like sure those people might busy, but Marvel Studios have so many ips at the moment getting their own film and sequel, which I think is the main reason why we aren't getting the sequels 2to 3 years after the first one, like we used to before.

25. Spidey17

Spidey17 Registered

Ds1?