Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Like most scoop guys, Murphy is hit or miss. And he’s even saying that he’s not certain about this, so take it with not just a grain of salt, but a barrel. Still, it’s something fun for discussion. And it’s actually what I’m hoping for (if I can’t have Kraven or Taskmaster):

What I Heard This Week: ‘BLACK PANTHER II’

Last edited:
He used to be a writer or MCU/comic book film Twitter blogger or something until a couple months ago, as I understand it. His multiverse website is brand new.

As for the "news", I like the idea, at least more than the seemingly go-to, Namor. I feel like they'd have to build up the antagonist's side of the story in order to make it feel like a real geopolitical threat, unless they're just banking on the character's name recognition if this is his first appearance. It just feels like there's a lot of catching up to be done with internal Wakandan politics and it would be nice if the threat for this next came at least partially from within as a result of this conflict and possible civil unrest.

They need to have a BIG ASS budget for this and improved CGI.

I'd love to see more of BP around the world but I especially wanna see him on another place on the continent.

Well at this point I think it's safe to say that we know that Marvel didn't realize how big the first movie was going to be, and the CGI was overall rushed. I don't anticipate those mistakes this time around, but we'll see.

Wakanda answering to or taking part in AU meetings would be extremely interesting.

So some of those obnoxious comic book "news" websites are reporting (based on unsourced rumors that are probably at least 80% Bos manure) that Chadwick Boseman is "FURIOUS" at Marvel because his contract presumably only has "Black Panther II" and one more crossover film and some higher ups are pushing for Shuri to replace him as Black Panther after that. And of course the headline spin is "DIVERSITY RUINS BLACK PANTHER FUTURE".

Well at least they're no longer calling the concept itself diversity in a derogatory tone. :o

So there was this interview with Winston Duke where he said he wants M'baku to be the villain in BP2. At first I didn't think it could work given his characterization, but someone in the comments under the article on SHH made a compelling point for at least having him as an antagonist again. Basically how T'Challa and Shuri disappeared for five years right after Wakanda's first major battle against outside forces which came at a huge cost and at most a few years since they went public with the nature of Wakanda to the outside world. So people like would M'Baku would be the ones to pick up the pieces and lead the Wakandans in their absense after such a huge loss. It's definitely possible that there could be some conflict between the returning royals and the person who has just spent 5 years rebuilding. Not that it will be the whole movie, I think some outside force like Atlantis or Latveria would still be good to have, but there could definitely be some inner conflict from the situation.

I don't see M Baku being a villain in the 2nd film. Well maybe, but as a lead antagonist, nope.

I'd like them to bring back Klaw as a proper villain in his full sonic red glory. Yes, he was killed, but maybe someone brought him back and experimented on him and he became a being of pure sound. That's what happened to him in the comics often anyway that he was presumed dead but then became pure sound.

The visuals would look a lot better too with BP facing off against a red and purple Klaw and far more striking than two Black Panthers fighting each other where it was sometimes hard to tell them apart. BP vs Klaw looks far more iconic.

dcef476c446d072c35f9af66bf926b4d.jpg

burifNbo_2901161205451.jpg

EFlk7A1WsAAn2Ny.jpg

Yeah I would like him to come back like that at some point.

Thing is though, while Andy Serkis' Klaue was great, I don't think his MCU characterization and relationship to T'Challa really has the emotional weight that he does in the comics, having killed T'Chaka and all. And he didn't seem to be of much notoriety in the films anyway -- like, probably nobody really misses him -- and he wasn't even really acting by himself when he got into Wakanda, soI don't really think he's worth it to anyone to resurrect anyway. Not that it wouldn't make for a cool visual, but still.

So there was this interview with Winston Duke where he said he wants M'baku to be the villain in BP2. At first I didn't think it could work given his characterization, but someone in the comments under the article on SHH made a compelling point for at least having him as an antagonist again. Basically how T'Challa and Shuri disappeared for five years right after Wakanda's first major battle against outside forces which came at a huge cost and at most a few years since they went public with the nature of Wakanda to the outside world. So people like would M'Baku would be the ones to pick up the pieces and lead the Wakandans in their absense after such a huge loss. It's definitely possible that there could be some conflict between the returning royals and the person who has just spent 5 years rebuilding. Not that it will be the whole movie, I think some outside force like Atlantis or Latveria would still be good to have, but there could definitely be some inner conflict from the situation.
He probably won't be a proper villain, but there's no way that conflict goes unaddressed in the next movie.

Also, a thought I had recently: given that it seems like we'll be seeing the Thunderbolts 'assemble' throughout Phase 4, I'd be pretty keen on an "Enemy of the State"/"Who Is the Black Panther" storyline with them featuring as the U.S. government's superhero strike team against T'Challa and co. Ever since I learned a bit about Black Panther and Wakanda, I've always wanted to see him take on a proper superhero team in the MCU. The little skirmishes he's had against the Avengers and the Fantastic Four in various mediums are fun to watch, but he didn't really do too much during Civil War aside from just beating up on Bucky and quick fights with Cap and Hawkeye. It would definitely be a step up from just a one-on-one with a similarly-powered Killmonger (not to take anything away from that conflict).

Last edited:
Enemy of the State is the right way to go for the sequel

Antagonist would be perfect. Ramp up the rivalry to 11, but don't make him a full villain.

He's honorable and loves Wakanda as much as T'chala. I could not see him selling out and teaming up with Zemo for example.

Ever since I read how Coogler initially wanted Kraven to be the villain of the first movie, I can’t stop thinking that Sabretooth could instead be a good candidate for a BP2 villain to sub for Kraven.

Someone hires Victor Creed to assassinate T’Challa (possibly Doom so that he could gain access to Wakanda) and then that opens the floodgates to mutants in the MCU.

Just a thought.

Ever since I read how Coogler initially wanted Kraven to be the villain of the first movie, I can’t stop thinking that Sabretooth could instead be a good candidate for a BP2 villain to sub for Kraven.

Someone hires Victor Creed to assassinate T’Challa (possibly Doom so that he could gain access to Wakanda) and then that opens the floodgates to mutants in the MCU.

Just a thought.

Kraven is a Spidey villain but I wouldn't mind him as villain for Panther 2

Just a thought.
Cosign that. It fits into my idea to seed mutants into the next phase of MCU movies and just gradually massage them into the universe instead of just dumping an X-men movie out of no where.

Ruffallo pitched a Hulk vs Wolverine movie, which I think would be genius.

Hank McCoy could be one of Peter Parkers lecturer's or even an intellectual colleague to Shuri,

Nakia could cross paths with Storm in Africa before she even joins the X-men.

It could be a 5 year slow burn roll out. Then Phase 5 can be all about Mutants.

It’s a shame Lupita is wasted as Nakia. When Storm will be T‘Challas love interest, she won‘t be much important anymore. Maybe she turns into Malice, but that would be an uninteresting villain to me

The Mutants should debut in their own film. Them debuting in a Black Panther movie would be like the Fantastic Four debuting in Shang Chi and Blade in Eternals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"