Black Panther Solo Film!

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by DrCosmic, Jan 23, 2012.

1. T"Challa

T"Challa Well-Known Member

Viggo mortensen for klaw

2. warcam

warcam Well-Known Member

I only saw Avatar once, so I can't say I remember Alonso's performance. If he's good, I'd have no problem with it. Maybe if not BP, then Falcon in CA2.

3. T"Challa

He's stars in the tv show breakout kings..he's a solid actor and he definitely has the look. However his acting skills are just solid. Ejiofor is the man for this

4. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Sharlto Copley from District 9 for Klaw.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

^ Pic isn't showing up, but I could get behind that idea for Copley as Klaw.

I think M'Baku should be the intial "super" threat with Ulysses Klaw for the first part of the movie as a normal human being. Then later on Klaw gains his sonic powers and turns into a much bigger threat and becomes the main villain.

6. ThatDamnNinja

ThatDamnNinja Well-Known Member

Absolutely. This.

I think Klaw is a potentially great role a number of actors could sink their teeth into. Viggo Mortensen would be great. Sharlto Copley would be great. I've seen Vincent Cassel's name thrown around quite a bit, and he'd be great. Some other good suggestions I've seen are Bryan Cranston, Ed Harris, and William Fitchner. Waltz could do it, but it would probably feel like retreading old territory for him.

It should be someone, I think, who can convey sort of an old school colonial imperialist vibe. I'd be interested in seeing what Colin Firth could do, playing against type.

7. cherokeesam

Vincent Cassel and Sharlto Copley are the only ones in that list under 50. They're all great actors who'd make great villains, but I don't think Ulysses Klaw needs to be a member of AARP....I'd shoot for a late 30s-early 40s vibe. (Pun. Heh.)

8. ThatDamnNinja

Given that he killed T'Chaka when T'Challa was just a kid, I think it makes sense for the Klaw actor to be a good 20ish years older than whoever plays BP.

9. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

Will Smith for Black Panther, yeah I said it.

10. T"Challa

[​IMG]

Chiwetel Ejiofor as T'Challa

[​IMG]

Denzel Washington as T'Chaka

[​IMG]

Viggo mortensen as Klaw

[​IMG]

Michael Clarke Duncan as Mbaku

[​IMG]

Angela Bassett as Ramonda

[​IMG]

Yaya dacosta as Shuri

[​IMG]

Djimon Hounsou as s'Yan

[​IMG]

Beyonce as monica lynne (she'll basically be playing herself)

11. cherokeesam

Hate to rain on the parade this early, but SHH, anyway, have updated the front page:

12. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

lol, SHH's sources

I'll take elmayimbe's word over their's 10 times out of 10

But we'll see

13. ken smith

ken smith Well-Known Member

This news made my day. I can't wait to see Black Panther on the big screen.

14. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

I friggin hope ssh sorce is true. The hell with black panther lol I don't want this movie. I still hope it GotG and antman.

15. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :highfive:

When I first read the news about Black Panther being the 2014 film I screamed "YESSSSSSS" to the top of my lungs!

16. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

SHH's sources deny things and then a month later they're officially announced. It's a cycle :oldrazz:

17. jaqua99

Why? That. Means we won't get ultron for avengers 2 :( and there are 3 2014 movies... The other will probably be GotG...which I love... But I was hoping for antman to introduce ultron...but with this stupid black panther thing... It probably won't happen... I had the opposite reaction... I read that post... And said "****" and threw my ipod

18. T"Challa

Panther craps on antman. He's got the badass factor pym could only dream of :woot:

19. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

You're probably not going to get Ultron for Avengers 2. That seemed sort of obvious after they teased Thanos. Don't really see the big deal, anyway. Panther >>>>>> Ultron.

20. jaqua99

I prefer neither. Antman will suck.... I only want antman for the sole purpose of leading ultron into avengers two. Thats it. I want ultron

21. jaqua99

Thanos appearance means nothing... Other than the fact that he is in the mcu. And for panther>>>>ultron....thats one acenger added to the team vs the character the sequelczould center around. panther is one of the like...two or three heroes I just don't care about... And to me... Ultron is the coolest avengers villian.. I love what he is a about. So.. Ultron>>>>>Black Panther.

22. T"Challa

Well..i doubt marvel has that train of thought..ultron is cool and all but it's not like the avengers lack cool villains. Kang is always lying around and there's still thanos to deal with. Panther brings a new angle in terms of royalty, wakanda and goddamit he's African. Do we need a 3rd genius white scientist?..lol

23. jaqua99

It's just that like.... When I think of avengers... Ultron is the villian that comes to mind every time. He's great. I know im not the only person who feels this way. I sort of expected it to happen at some point. When the avengers was first announced...I've always said...ultron will appear in a movie. It just seems so natural for the avengers. So yes..I am... And stink have been expecting ultron at some point

24. cherokeesam

Yeah. Sorry, SHH, but that is *really* a half-assed denial on the SHH and CS Main Page. "Sources at the studio say Latino Review's report is untrue." Could you go into *at least* a little more detail....? :doh:

25. ThatDamnNinja

Regardless of how anyone feels about Ant-Man as a character, Ant-Man as a movie, as directed by Edgar Wright, will be killer. So lets hope it happens.

Black Panther needs to happen, too. Black Panther is a great character, with a great setting, completely different from anything we've seen in MCU so far. Plus, the current Avengers lineup is just filled to the brim with white dudes. So let's mix it up.

On that same note, I really hope we get a Ms. Marvel (or Captain Marvel, as she's called now) movie. The lineup really needs some more women in it, I think, and ScarJo's Black Widow as the Token Girl really doesn't do it for me.

If any rumored project needs to be dropped, it's Guardians of the Galaxy, which I think will end up being a colossal bomb for Marvel.