• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Sequels Black Panther Solo Film!

Ms. Marvel is just fanboy wishlist speculation at this point. There's nothing concrete from any sources on her getting a film. Maybe someday.

But if the BP rumor turns out, and if Wright gets Ant-Man in under the wire, yeah, there's potentially T'Challa, Hank and Janet (and maybe Scott Lang) turning in their resumes to Avengers 2. I think people are needlessly hand-wringing over this, though --- I can name plenty of action movies that successfully created teams far larger than just 9 or 10 heroes. And you've got to figure that Marvel have absolutely no reason to go back and rehash the backstories on the 6 current Avengers. "This is who Iron Man is; this is how Hulk got his powers; etc." That's already been done in 2012; no need to go back through it in 2015. The only backstories that would need development for Avengers 2 would be the new recruits, not the veterans.

9-10 heroes is overkill unless Avengers 2 & 3 are properly sprawled out like Star Wars. I can only imagine the b*tching from writhing fan boys after the addition of new heroes costs their favorites more screen time. It will be endless.

9-10 heroes is overkill unless Avengers 2 & 3 are properly sprawled out like Star Wars. I can only imagine the b*tching from writhing fan boys after the addition of new heroes costs their favorites more screen time. It will be endless.

Why would it cost their favorites more screen time?
Look, new recruits have to be mentored. By whom? The veterans. So Cap, Thor, and IM get their face time in, and a lot of it involves showing the new guys the ropes.

Veterans?

They've only been a team for about half of one movie.

Adding more heroes WOULD mean that the original avengers wouldnt get as much screen time as the last movie. Which isnt a problem for me

Veterans?

They've only been a team for about half of one movie.

...the hell does that matter....? :huh:

By the time Avengers 2 drops presumably in 2015 (the guesstimate I'm going with):

*Captain America will have been a superhero for 3-4 years in the biggest war of all time, and will have been a SHIELD agent and Avenger in the modern era for 3 or so years.

*Iron Man will have been a superhero (and Avenger) for 7 years.

*Hulk will have been a big green rage monster for 12 years.

*Black Widow and Hawkeye will have been master assassins for SHIELD for an untold number of years.

*Thor will have been a god for thousands of years.

....Yeah, sorry: they're veterans.

...the hell does that matter....? :huh:

By the time Avengers 2 drops presumably in 2015 (the guesstimate I'm going with):

*Captain America will have been a superhero for 3-4 years in the biggest war of all time, and will have been a SHIELD agent and Avenger in the modern era for 3 or so years.

*Iron Man will have been a superhero (and Avenger) for 7 years.

*Hulk will have been a big green rage monster for 12 years.

*Black Widow and Hawkeye will have been master assassins for SHIELD for an untold number of years.

*Thor will have been a god for thousands of years.

....Yeah, sorry: they're veterans.

They're not veteran Avengers, they're veteran "superheroes" I thought we were looking at this from an Avengers stand point.

Adding more heroes WOULD mean that the original avengers wouldnt get as much screen time as the last movie. Which isnt a problem for me

It's a big problem for me, Thor and Hawkeye haven't even bonded with the team yet.

I wasn't really thinking of M'Baku as cheap muscle. M'Baku would be the leader of his own tribe and would "tolerate" Klaw, but would turn on him in a second. Klaw also would just use M'Baku to his own advantage, but has his own agenda. I would say M'Baku has the upper hand to begin with, being the stronger of the two. Later, when Klaw gains super powers, it changes the balance of power. However, M'Baku still wishes to get rid of Klaw and simply allows T'Challa to do the work for him, hoping that once T'Challa's resources are exhausted, M'Baku will move in for the kill.

I didn't mean to imply you weren't giving Man-Ape his due, I just see a Klaw/M'Baku pairing too easily devolving into that comfortable trope. Hopefully Marvel would be smarter than that if it actually happened.

What I'd love to see if we get a trilogy is Klaw as the first villain, M'Baku in a sequel and Killmonger in the third.

I feel like all three villains have enough meat on their bones to support full movies and evolve T'Challa as a character.

The first addressing his origin, setting up his world. I'd want to establish T'Challa as a generational shift in Wakandan history. He left the village, saw the outside world, is foreign educated and returns. In addition to battling Klaw, he has to battle the culture in a way. He inevitably makes changes and not everyone in insular Wakanda is behind that. In his own mind, he has to battle T'Chaka's legacy, who was a revered king and more in tune with ritual and tradition than T'Challa is. Battling Klaw dovetails with that arc. It closes the door on his past; battling his father's killer, coming fully into his own.

The second, M'Baku represents the hardliners of the old way. Unsealing the power of the banned White Gorilla, he rivals T'Challa for leadership. The upshot is T'Challa comes to better understand and respect the power that can be harnessed in ritual magic, in the old ways of the elders.

The third, Killmonger represents his greatest rival. Physically stronger, nearly as intelligent. T'Challa must blend the past with the present and develops the nascent "shadow physics" to eventually triumph against him.

Last edited:
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Michael Jai White are both 44, too old imo.
We need a guy no older than 35.

Or we need no one. Gah come on marvel, I was excited, the one character, the one avenger I have zero interest in whatsoever, I STILL don't understand the excitement -_-.

Or we need no one. Gah come on marvel, I was excited, the one character, the one avenger I have zero interest in whatsoever, I STILL don't understand the excitement -_-.
Read Priest's run. If you're still not excited I'll give you a cookie

Read Priest's run. If you're still not excited I'll give you a cookie

Amen.
Hell, Priest's Black Panther should be the script for the BP movie, word-for-word and frame-for-frame.

I'd prefer Dr Strange, but I guess Marvel/Disney want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible by making a black guy the star of a film, and in turn, an Avenger.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Michael Jai White are both 44, too old imo.
We need a guy no older than 35.

Eh, not that im a fan of either for the role but in Hollywood especially with men its not about how old you are its about how old you look, Look at RDJ.

You guys seen this? And some people wonder why Idris gets suggested for every black superhero role.

pacific-rim-idris-elba.jpg

It's a promo shot for the movie Pacific Rim (2013).

I'd prefer Dr Strange, but I guess Marvel/Disney want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible by making a black guy the star of a film, and in turn, an Avenger.

Black Panther is also a long time Avenger in the comics, it's not something Marvel is doing just because he's a "black character".

Doctor Strange really isn't an Avenger, he's more of a "do my own thing" type of guy.

For reference:

Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight, Why Did I Get Married, Black Dynamite)
michael_jai_white_05.jpg

Well he's certainly the nicest to look at :o
Oh gosh, so excited for this!

*coughs* Storm reference pleas ie X Men reboot *coughs*

Eh, not that im a fan of either for the role but in Hollywood especially with men its not about how old you are its about how old you look, Look at RDJ.

I knew someone would mention RDJ, but his character is the Iron Man armour, it don't matter if he is a bit older.

I knew someone would mention RDJ, but his character is the Iron Man armour, it don't matter if he is a bit older.

Black Panther is in the Black Panther costume... both still are outside their costumes for most of the movie and have to look young, and the camera doesn't pick up numbers, it only picks up wrinkles.

Black Panther is a more physical role than Iron man plus I'm sure Marvel will want to build a franchise out of Black Panther if its successful which means the actor may play the role for up to a decade in atleast a trilogy and avengers appearance.

Christian Bale has said he was starting to feel strained and worn out playing Batman when making the TDK rise because his getting older and his only 38 right now.

Last edited:
Has Marvel confirmed the film yet and a release date for it ? Black Panther , I liked BP in EMA and the Ultimates film I'd rather see him as an avenger then someone like idk Falcon

Idris's already in the MCU. I don't want Marvel double dipping.

They already have (sort of) with Chris Evans playing both the Human Torch and Captain America. The universe didn't end when that happened. Heimdall kept his helmet on most of the time, which could be advantageous; also, the accent for Black Panther/T'challa will be totally different. I'm not saying that I want to see this happen or that Marvel would consider it, just that it could work.

They already have (sort of) with Chris Evans playing both the Human Torch and Captain America. The universe didn't end when that happened. Heimdall kept his helmet on most of the time, which could be advantageous; also, the accent for Black Panther/T'challa will be totally different. I'm not saying that I want to see this happen or that Marvel would consider it, just that it could work.

Human Torch is in Fox Marvel universe.

If they want to double dip Elba, it's better to make him as Luke Cage.

Elba doesn't remind me of Luke Cage.

Not even a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"