• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Sequels Black Panther Solo Film!

Figured I'd post this here (don't think it's been posted yet - at least not in this thread), seems like Aldis Hodge wouldn't mind wanting a crack at the BP role:

http://aldis-hodge.com/2012/06/aldis-hodge-wants-to-lead-marvels-black-panther/

The actual interview is from: http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-with-leverage-s-aldis-hodge-part-one and http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-with-leverage-s-aldis-hodge-part-two

"There's recently been a little buzz online about Marvel pushing for Black Panther, and I've been in love with the idea for years. I want the fans to know that the one role I really want to play is Black Panther. I grew up loving the Marvel world, and grew up on martial arts. I still train. When Black Panther came around, he was almost like an African American Batman."

Last edited:
He'd be great for the role. Hopefully Marvel would see this and give him a chance, and wouldn't go for someone more well known. At the moment I don't think there is a really well-known black actor who is the right age and could headline a film anyway, other than Will Smith, so they might as well go for Hodge.

I get that Hodge is an actor, maybe he has the range for T'Challa and just hasn't had the proper role to show it. But nothing I've seen from him thus far would give me confidence were he to be cast.

That's not to say I dislike him as actor. Everything I seen him in he's been a gregarious, nice guy. And that's cool, I liked him in those roles. I just haven't seen the serious steely resolve that makes me think 'That's Black Panther'.

Is there a particular performance he had that clinched it for some people that I should see? I just don't get his appeal as T'Challa.

Well, he kinda played a *lot* of roles on leverage, I've seen Alec Hardison go 'cold' and 'hardcore' enough times to believe Hodge as a badarse, when that's what's required. I can't pick out episodes off the top of my head, but I think the African prince Hardison played was pretty dark. I'll have to go find it.

I didn't mean to bump this, sorry. My ":) !" was actually just posted because I am happy that they are doing GotG, and that it looks like BP may not happen that year.

:p

Which one would you guys rather, Anthony Mackie or Aldis Hodge?

Which one would you guys rather, Anthony Mackie or Aldis Hodge?
I'd say Aldis but I really REALLY like him... so maybe I'm a bit bias in that regard :oldrazz: The one thing that would make me a *tad* nervous if he were to get BP (and I fully acknowledge that this is purely and completely a selfish reason) is that I don't want his getting involved in the MCU to affect Leverage :dry: I mean, yeah, if the schedules were to conflict, maybe they could write him out of some episodes for a while like they did with Gina when she got pregnant, but...but it's just not the team without Hardison :(

Like I said... purely a selfish reason *lol*

I'd say Aldis but I really REALLY like him... so maybe I'm a bit bias in that regard :oldrazz: The one thing that would make me a *tad* nervous if he were to get BP (and I fully acknowledge that this is purely and completely a selfish reason) is that I don't want his getting involved in the MCU to affect Leverage :dry: I mean, yeah, if the schedules were to conflict, maybe they could write him out of some episodes for a while like they did with Gina when she got pregnant, but...but it's just not the team without Hardison :(

Like I said... purely a selfish reason *lol*

Well that all depends on when Black Panther films. Who knows how long Leverage will keep going. If BP only films next year, then Leverage could easily be over by then. Some of last year's cons were slightly lacking and they tried to have other types of stories. They need to get back to the types of cons of the first few seasons which were more solid.

Well that all depends on when Black Panther films. Who knows how long Leverage will keep going. If BP only films next year, then Leverage could easily be over by then. Some of last year's cons were slightly lacking and they tried to have other types of stories. They need to get back to the types of cons of the first few seasons which were more solid.
You mean tv shows don't go on forever and ever and ever :wow: :oldrazz: j/k...yeah, I know that Leverage might not be around by then... though I hope it still is :)

Ant Man is 2015 Hoping Panther will join him then. Marvel needs two movies for 2015

Well Anthony Mackie is in talks for Falcon now, so hopefully Aldis Hodge will be considered for Panther.

A Black Panther movie and an Ant-Man movie in the same year = niceeeeee. :woot:

Ant Man is 2015 Hoping Panther will join him then. Marvel needs two movies for 2015

A Black Panther movie and an Ant-Man movie in the same year = niceeeeee. :woot:

Nah, Antman has been teased for 2014, and for before Avengers 2. Marvel has said there may be an opportunity to do a 3rd movie in 2014 if Wright finishes his other work.

Here's hoping it gets done before Avengers 2.

And heres hoping for Avengers 2 we get

Chronoless said:
I think Marvel might save black panther for Capitan America 2.

I’m calling the post-credits scene for Captain America 2 right now. It will be the first meeting between Black Panther and Captain America. I’d be up for Michael Jai White for the role.

I’m calling the post-credits scene for Captain America 2 right now. It will be the first meeting between Black Panther and Captain America. I’d be up for Michael Jai White for the role.

I would rather want Michael Jai White as Luke Cage!!!

Dynaaamite!!

M-2 said:
I would rather want Michael Jai White as Luke Cage!!!

Dynaaamite!!

I'd rather see Henry Simmons as Luke Cage.

I posted this in the other BP thread. Here are some ideas I have for BP

For director I don't know who I'd chose. The top 2 choices going through my head are Daniel Espinosa (he directed Safe House). He really can make some nice gritty action, although I doubt Marvel will really go for that. My other choice is Antoine Fuqua (he directed Training Day) he's hit or miss but I like some of his work

Aldis Hodge= T'Challa/Black Panter
2mrfvgm.jpg

Denzel Washington=T'Chaka 1) I dont think that, currently, Marvel could get Denzel 2) But if they do I probably wouldnt kill him off in the first act. Probably not until the end of the 2nd. Maybe have him kidnapped by Klaw
30m2w60.jpg

Vincent Cassel= Klaw. He'll need a huge costume redesign. Maybe have him working for AIM (that'd actually be really cool since Iron Man 3 has AIM) or Hydra
ot1dvc.jpg

Jessica Lucas=Monica Lynne. As I said earlier, I'd reimagine her as something other than just a singer. Probably some kind of government agent, like CIA or something (not SHIELD though)
2i0ucg7.jpg

John Gallanger Jr=Everett K Ross. I'd liken him to Ryan Reynolds' character is Safe House...but not as trained in fighting
10q9t9k.jpg

Danny Glover= N'Gassi
2808d4i.jpg

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje= Zuri
hwbxfm.jpg

Some different story ideas:
-Make it like a Bond, Mission Impossible spy movie. Different locations around the world, cool gadgets, tuxedos, all that good stuff
-Cameo from Captain America
-I'd have Monica and Everett going to Wakanda for another attempt from the US of diplomacy with Wakanda. They end up being in the wrong place at the wrong time and they end up getting swept up in the plot to stop Klaw
-I'd say have Klaw (arms dealer, terrorist) building some sort of device that needs different things from around the world, including vibranium (why he returns to Wakanda). He gets the vibranium after attacking Wakanda in the first act, which leads to T'Challa following him around the world
-T'Challa shouldnt have a lot of "fish out of water" stuff like in Thor.
-There has to be a free running chase. There has to be.
-For a team I'd say have: T'Challa, Zuri, Everett, and Monica chasing Klaw
-For locations, I think: Wakanda, Milan (Italy), Barcelona (Spain), NYC (I was debating between NYC or DC but I settled on DC because of the UN building)
-If by some miracle, BP ends up being a phase II film I would end it by setting up that T'challa will periodically spending time from Wakanda. Which sets him up for The Avengers 2

Nah, Antman has been teased for 2014, and for before Avengers 2. Marvel has said there may be an opportunity to do a 3rd movie in 2014 if Wright finishes his other work.

Here's hoping it gets done before Avengers 2.

Oh okay, that's even better then. :up:

jaqua99 said:
And heres hoping for Avengers 2 we get

Yessirrrrrrrrr :woot:

I totally agree with this. But I don't think Michael Jai White would be the actor to play Black Panther

I had an itch for BP, so I revived this thread. Hopefully he'll be in Avengers 3 :(

I posted this in the other BP thread. Here are some ideas I have for BP
Some different story ideas:
-Make it like a Bond, Mission Impossible spy movie. Different locations around the world, cool gadgets, tuxedos, all that good stuff
-Cameo from Captain America
-I'd have Monica and Everett going to Wakanda for another attempt from the US of diplomacy with Wakanda. They end up being in the wrong place at the wrong time and they end up getting swept up in the plot to stop Klaw
-I'd say have Klaw (arms dealer, terrorist) building some sort of device that needs different things from around the world, including vibranium (why he returns to Wakanda). He gets the vibranium after attacking Wakanda in the first act, which leads to T'Challa following him around the world
-T'Challa shouldnt have a lot of "fish out of water" stuff like in Thor.
-There has to be a free running chase. There has to be.
-For a team I'd say have: T'Challa, Zuri, Everett, and Monica chasing Klaw
-For locations, I think: Wakanda, Milan (Italy), Barcelona (Spain), NYC (I was debating between NYC or DC but I settled on DC because of the UN building)
-If by some miracle, BP ends up being a phase II film I would end it by setting up that T'challa will periodically spending time from Wakanda. Which sets him up for The Avengers 2

I probably said this before, but the world tour aspect is growing on me. Klaw gets the power supply from Wakanda, has the device manufactured in Italy, has it surgically attached to his severed limb in India and then heads to DC to actually use it. I would probably have someone die at some point, probably Zuri, maybe put S'Yan on the team instead of Zuri and let it be him.

Marvel will have to change the costume pretty significantly if they go forward with this. The outfit from the comics is far too similar to both Batman and Catwoman. A redesign will happen.

This BP, with or without the cape, is a non-starter:

2504799-marvelavengersallianceblackpanther_1.jpg

Last edited:
But if they change it significantly then it won't look like Black Panther anymore. Sure, you can argue his personality will be the same, but the look is just as much a part of him as his personality.

Since he won't be in armour or wearing rubber, that already will distinguish him from Batman. Also, he'll have a full head mask. I don't want to see a cowl of any sort.

I'd like to see a classic 70s Black Panther without all the bling or the cape, with a bluish tinge to him.

But if they change it significantly then it won't look like Black Panther anymore. Sure, you can argue his personality will be the same, but the look is just as much a part of him as his personality.

Since he won't be in armour or wearing rubber, that already will distinguish him from Batman. Also, he'll have a full head mask. I don't want to see a cowl of any sort.

I'd like to see a classic 70s Black Panther without all the bling or the cape, with a bluish tinge to him.

Me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"