Black Panther =the face of the Avengers going forward?

KevTravels

Superhero
Reaction score
After we see Avengers 4, is it fair to say his role in the MCU will be 2nd only to say SpiderMan?

Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Wasp

BP will take the role of Captain America in terms of having the best movies imo.

Spider-Man should be the big blockbusters that Iron Man is.

Dr.Strange has the Thor like role.

Lets not forget they have X-Men so if they get a quality cast and world for them they will be a top team.

MCU is in good hands with heroes and especially with Feige leading.

BP will take the role of Captain America in terms of having the best movies imo.

Spider-Man should be the big blockbusters that Iron Man is.

Dr.Strange has the Thor like role.

Lets not forget they have X-Men so if they get a quality cast and world for them they will be a top team.

MCU is in good hands with heroes and especially with Feige leading.

I sure hope T'Challa doesn't get shortchanged with the addition of the X-Men. Too many characters onboard

I sure hope T'Challa doesn't get shortchanged with the addition of the X-Men. Too many characters onboard
Well this movie continues to get praised Marvel sees that and won't forget. Wakanda is playing a big role in the biggest movie for Marvel in IWs. They know what they have in BP and Stan Lee has wanted him to have a movie for a long time too.

Right now it looks like T'Challa's film is about to crush the other post-Avengers origin movies at the box office so yeah, he is gonna have a major role in the team going forward.

I'm expecting:

Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Spider-Man
Ant-Man
The Wasp
Valkyrie
Scarlet Witch
Maybe someone from the original team like Thor or Hulk

After we see Avengers 4, is it fair to say his role in the MCU will be 2nd only to say SpiderMan?

I don't know. He lacks the sarcastic wit Tony has. I'm not sure what they have planned for GOTG, but I see Peter Quill/Chris Pratt as the only character/actor that can match the wit, charisma and star appeal that Tony Stark/Robert Downy Jr commanded.

I'm sure audiences will just adapt to T'Challa instead of worrying about him lacking qualities that Stark had.

I don't know. He lacks the sarcastic wit Tony has. I'm not sure what they have planned for GOTG, but I see Peter Quill/Chris Pratt as the only character/actor that can match the wit, charisma and star appeal that Tony Stark/Robert Downy Jr commanded.
Spidey fills the sarcastic role and if another Thor happens he will continue to be fun loving. T'Challa will have Cap like elements, Cap isn't the funniest but he has become a favorite.

I'm sure audiences will just adapt to T'Challa instead of worrying about him lacking qualities that Stark had.

Maybe. I wont lie, my favorite is Steve and Tony, and once they are no longer in the MCU, I'll probably lose interest in the franchise. We'll see.

I don't know about rankings, but the leads will likely be Spidey, BP, Captain Marvel, Reed Richards, Strange, and of course the X-Men. Basically no shortage of massive potential or star power.

With the universe continually expanding and branching out, it'll start to resemble the fandom in the comics a bit more with the different (more pronounced) tracks of fans for each property. A lot of crossover appeal, but often more singular aside from the massive "event" movies.

Last edited:
In terms of non-Avenger movies I think the BP and his ensemble likely moves to the top of the MCU heap in the minds of the GA. And well earned based on the trajectory it's on.

Last edited:
He did basically become team leader on Avengers Assemble season 4. Season 5 is going to be a Black Panther centric season as well.

Spidey fills the sarcastic role and if another Thor happens he will continue to be fun loving. T'Challa will have Cap like elements, Cap isn't the funniest but he has become a favorite.

This. But I think T'Challa, Spidey and Captain Marvel will likely be pushed to the forefront following Avengers 4, even moreso than Doctor Strange.

Money speaks and if Black Panther breaks the billion dollar mark, you better believe that they will make sure he is focused on going forward.

Right now it looks like T'Challa's film is about to crush the other post-Avengers origin movies at the box office so yeah, he is gonna have a major role in the team going forward.

I'm expecting:

Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Spider-Man
Ant-Man
The Wasp
Valkyrie
Scarlet Witch
Maybe someone from the original team like Thor or Hulk

I can see Panther taking on Stark's role in funding the team, with Carol the new captain leading them in the field. I think Falcon will stick around and Spidey may not.

BP's 97 RT score will make it the standard bearer of the MCU from this point forward, and if Coogler can come back to complete a trilogy I can see it challenge TDK and Cap as the best superhero trilogy ever made. The future is looking bright for the MCU Phase 4 and beyond.

There is no guarantee Coogler is coming back for a second, i pray he does, but he doesnt seem like the kind that would just want to do the same movie back to back, so as long as he has time to make something new and fresh in between, maybe thats the best way of getting him to sign on.

Its pretty much the TDK/Nolan format, where he got to make his own personal films inbetween the Batman movies.

There is no guarantee Coogler is coming back for a second, i pray he does, but he doesnt seem like the kind that would just want to do the same movie back to back, so as long as he has time to make something new and fresh in between, maybe thats the best way of getting him to sign on.

Its pretty much the TDK/Nolan format, where he got to make his own personal films inbetween the Batman movies.

Well, Coogler and MJB are already preparing for their 4th collaboration after BP, which should be another smaller indie film. I think after A4, Coogler should be sufficiently recharged to tackle another BP movie.

Panther will fill Cap's role as the stoic leader. Ant-Man and Strange will fill Shellhead's role as the smartasses.

I jumped the gun on the question a bit. Yeah, I was basically going with face of the MCU, which is obviously why I mentioned Reed and the X-Men. I really don't see Spidey being a long term Avenger either. I'd say Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Strange will be the new IM, Cap and Thor.

I jumped the gun on the question a bit. Yeah, I was basically going with face of the MCU, which is obviously why I mentioned Reed and the X-Men. I really don't see Spidey being a long term Avenger either. I'd say Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Strange will be the new IM, Cap and Thor.
I'd say you are correct in your assessment. Black Panther and Captain Marvel are already acting like the new bickering Tony and Cap on Avengers Assemble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"