Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Coogler has a lot of work to do for the sequel.

For starters, Wakanda as a country needs to be explored more...i want to see jungle environments. The tech needs to be upped (hover bikes) the visual effects need to be consustently good, Panther's fight scenes need to be a lot more impressive...the badassery of his fighting style in CW at least needs to return and T'Challa needs to not play second fiddle to his supporting cast!!

I feel like Panther in CW and IW was more Priest/Hudlin and in his own solo movie he felt more like Coates' desecration of the character. We can't be having that going forward.

Black Panther 2 at the extreme very least needs to be what WS was to FA.

Coogler has a lot of work to do for the sequel.

For starters, Wakanda as a country needs to be explored more...i want to see jungle environments. The tech needs to be upped (hover bikes) the visual effects need to be consustently good, Panther's fight scenes need to be a lot more impressive...the badassery of his fighting style in CW at least needs to return and T'Challa needs to not play second fiddle to his supporting cast!!

I feel like Panther in CW and IW was more Priest/Hudlin and in his own solo movie he felt more like Coates' desecration of the character. We can't be having that going forward.

Black Panther 2 at the extreme very least needs to be what WS was to FA.

The only cast member from the supporting character from the cast that I can say that really outshined him was Killmonger.

Are you really saying that CW and IW were more like Priest and Hudlin’s? CW BP was cool mostly because of Chad's performance and the suit. He was a fool and took way too many L's to be compared to Priest’s BP who was outmaneuvering intelligence agencies, foreign government, and Mephisto while laying out smackdowns on people. I may not be a fan of Hudlin’s take but his BP would've walked away with more Was than CW and IW T'Challa. When it comes down to it his only real win in CW was against Hawkeye of all characters and in IW he and all of Wakanda were underwhelming and then he got killed.

Coogler’s BP may not be Priest’s or Hudlin's but he definitely ain't no Coates' BP. Coogler's BP was more McGregor's than anybody's. Coogler had T'Challa actively get things done compared to Coates’ who used OC’s and Storm to resolve the issues and unlike CW and IW he actually got some wins and showed off tactical smarts.

The only cast member from the supporting character from the cast that I can say that really outshined him was Killmonger.

Are you really saying that CW and IW were more like Priest and Hudlin’s? CW BP was cool mostly because of Chad's performance and the suit. He was a fool and took way too many L's to be compared to Priest’s BP who was outmaneuvering intelligence agencies, foreign government, and Mephisto while laying out smackdowns on people. I may not be a fan of Hudlin’s take but his BP would've walked away with more Was than CW and IW T'Challa. When it comes down to it his only real win in CW was against Hawkeye of all characters and in IW he and all of Wakanda were underwhelming and then he got killed.

Coogler’s BP may not be Priest’s or Hudlin's but he definitely ain't no Coates' BP. Coogler's BP was more McGregor's than anybody's. Coogler had T'Challa actively get things done compared to Coates’ who used OC’s and Storm to resolve the issues and unlike CW and IW he actually got some wins and showed off tactical smarts.

CW T'Challa was lowkey an idiot at times. In BP at least they would give the character real dilemma to understand his mistakes.

CW T'Challa was cool as hell with his action scenes. Although you could argue he looked silly with his faceoff with Black Widow.

I'm torn about what Chesterfield is saying. On one hand he wants to see his favorite character in all his badass glory. However, Coogler was operating at a different level. Its why its considered one of the best films of the year and one of the most critically acclaimed comic book films ever.

It wasn't just simple badass action with solid story.

Folks wanna see T'Challa as alpha Male in the sequel. Some feel he was robbed and overshadowed by his supporting characters (many of whom are women). I suppose they have their points. Though, I enjoyed the Shiri and Okoye and Nakia being intelligent/badasses/resourceful and not needing a man to save them. It was nice to see a hero rely on his supporting cast.

Happy to see Lupita working a lot as I was afraid she would fade into obscurity since winning her Oscar. She's certainly been in more projects than the girl from Slumdog Millionaire, who's only project I have seen her in since then was Mowgli. Obviously this is the biggest of the film projects she has done since her Oscar win.

I'm not seeing how T'Challa was an idiot in CW. The guy was in top form physically and managed to track down and follow Stark undetected to where Cap, Bucky and Zemo were. Whilst there, he was also able to conceal his heat signature from everyone and true to his character wasn't interested in getting caught up with the Avengers' bull**** but confronted Zemo once he learned the truth about what happened regarding T'Chaka's death and in a deleted scene T'Challa showed political prowess to make Natasha look utterly stupid, hence why all of receive can be attributed to why I felt his portrayal in CW was a mishmash of Priest and Hudlin.

I really hope Coogler and Cole can bring that cool factor that the Russos so far have afforded to the character and dial it up a bit, again much like the jump for Cap in WS compared to FA....and lastly although the supporting cast need their ficus/screen time reduced a bit in General, Ayo definitely deserves and needs more screen time.

I'm not seeing how T'Challa was an idiot in CW. The guy was in top form physically and managed to track down and follow Stark undetected to where Cap, Bucky and Zemo were. Whilst there, he was also able to conceal his heat signature from everyone and true to his character wasn't interested in getting caught up with the Avengers' bull**** but confronted Zemo once he learned the truth about what happened regarding T'Chaka's death and in a deleted scene T'Challa showed political prowess to make Natasha look utterly stupid, hence why all of receive can be attributed to why I felt his portrayal in CW was a mishmash of Priest and Hudlin.

I really hope Coogler and Cole can bring that cool factor that the Russos so far have afforded to the character and dial it up a bit, again much like the jump for Cap in WS compared to FA....and lastly although the supporting cast need their ficus/screen time reduced a bit in General, Ayo definitely deserves and needs more screen time.

I don't think T'Challa was an idiot in CW but there's no moment in BP that turns me off as much as T'Challa getting played by Nat. I left the theater annoyed by that and it still annoys me just thinking about it.

I also wouldn't say T'Challa lacked a cool factor in BP. I mean, that whole Korea car chase sequence, ending with one of my favorite lines in the movie, ("every breath you take is mercy from me") is just as cool as any moment in CW. That said, I do think there could be more of that and his fight scenes in the sequel should showcase his abilities more. Overall though, I really do love how he was written (save the romance with Nakia). I actually think it's an extension of what we see in CW, where he'll kill if he has to but he's also a man who knows how to be merciful and contemplative and is open and willing to change. One of the things that makes BP unique is that it's a story where the hero genuinely learns from the villain. The whole T'Challa/Killmonger dynamic elevates T'Challa into the best hero in the MCU for me, definitely my favorite.

Happy to see Lupita working a lot as I was afraid she would fade into obscurity since winning her Oscar. She's certainly been in more projects than the girl from Slumdog Millionaire, who's only project I have seen her in since then was Mowgli. Obviously this is the biggest of the film projects she has done since her Oscar win.

Lupita and Winston Duke are starring in Us, which has generated a lot of buzz. Horror doesn't interest me since I tend to laugh at the stupid choices and reactions that propel the plots, but I may give Us a shot for because of Jordan Peele and the cast.

Producers Guild Awards Nominees Include ‘Black Panther,’ ‘A Star Is Born,’ ‘Handmaid’s Tale’

“BlacKkKlansman,” “Black Panther,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Crazy Rich Asians,” “The Favourite,” “Green Book,” “A Quiet Place,” “Roma,” “A Star Is Born,” and “Vice” have been nominated for the Producers Guild’s Darryl F. Zanuck Award as the top feature film of 2018.

Here are the nominees:

The Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures:

“Black Panther”

Producer: Kevin Feige

“BlacKkKlansman”

Producers: Sean McKittrick, Jason Blum, Raymond Mansfield, Jordan Peele, Spike Lee

“Bohemian Rhapsody”

Producer: Graham King

“Crazy Rich Asians”

Producers: Nina Jacobson & Brad Simpson, John Penotti

“The Favourite”

Producers: Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Lee Magiday, Yorgos Lanthimos

“Green Book”

Producers: Jim Burke, Charles B. Wessler, Brian Currie, Peter Farrelly, Nick Vallelonga

“A Quiet Place”

Producers: Michael Bay, Andrew Form, Brad Fuller

“Roma”

Producers: Gabriela Rodríguez, Alfonso Cuarón

“A Star Is Born”

Producers: Bill Gerber, Bradley Cooper, Lynette Howell Taylor

“Vice”

Producers: Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Kevin Messick, Adam McKay

Producers Guild To Honor Kevin Feige with 2019 David O. Selznick Achievement Award

LOS ANGELES (August 30, 2017) – The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today that Kevin Feige will be honored with the 2019 David O. Selznick Achievement Award recognizing the producer’s body of work in motion pictures. Feige will receive the award at the 30th Annual Producers Guild Awards on Saturday, January 19, 2019 at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles.

As President of Marvel Studios since 2007 and producer of each of its 20 genre-spanning films to date, Feige is widely credited with creating the unprecedented and ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe. His forward-thinking approach to production, diverse casting and globally resonant storylines make him one of the most exciting and relevant filmmakers of our time.

Since the inception of Marvel Studios, Feige has continually brought together a diverse group of talent for each of his films, seeking out unique and unexpected voices to bring the studio’s stories to life, from writers and directors to actors and below-the-line professionals. This effort reached its apex with this year’s release of the critically acclaimed “Black Panther.” The film became a global cultural phemomeon, proving that showcasing diverse voices can lead to global success. The most successful domestic release of 2018, “Black Panther” earned more than $1.3B worldwide.

Feige totally deserves that. :up:

He certainly does. The PGA is recognizing his contributions to the industry, particularly in the way he has crafted the MCU and created a phenomenally successful studio from the ground up. Feige has been the sole producer on all of Marvel Studios' films, which is an incredible body of work. The fact that Black Panther has been so acclaimed is his crowning achievement.

He certainly does. The PGA is recognizing his contributions to the industry, particularly in the way he has crafted the MCU and created a phenomenally successful studio from the ground up. Feige has been the sole producer on all of Marvel Studios' films, which is an incredible body of work. The fact that Black Panther has been so acclaimed is his crowning achievement.
Amazing achievement. Let’s hope he hangs around for another couple of decades at least and keeps improving the lives of Marvel fans around the world. :cool:

Damn. Hope there isn't going to be a lot of pressure running through Coogler's mind as he's about to do a sequel.

Damn. Hope there isn't going to be a lot of pressure running through Coogler's mind as he's about to do a sequel.

There's pressure, sure, given the behemoth that BP became, but at the same time we're talking about a director who made a sequel to a beloved franchise that was nearly 40 years old in Creed, and my word, Coogler knocked that out of the park.

He's got the chops. Its just all about execution now.

Yeah, I can't see it myself. And to be quite honest, as good as Brown was as N'Jobu, M'Baku was the scene stealer.

he's gonna be given the keys to the kingdom. To do the film precisely as he wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"