Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sweating that was fire. This movie has been my next most anticipated for years dating back to after I saw GOTG1.

The CG in that one scene is seriously undone (like Flash TV Show quality), but everything else was f'ing badass so it's hard to complain. You can get a sense of the movie's style without a sense of the plot, which is perfect for a teaser.

Does anyone recall any fantasy/sci-fi type of movie with African design elements before? This film looks so unique.

I'm sure there are indie films (Pumzi is a short from a few years ago) out there but it should go without saying that traditionally Hollywood has had no interest in making films like that. Hell, I can recall people on the Hype in years past talking about how ridiculous an advanced civilization in Africa is. Some folks let their racism limit their imaginations...

tumblr_orb6m8yzRN1sejmmmo2_540.gif

Those costumes.:hmr:

Very cool teaser.

Moar pls.

So excited. The teaser teased.

As far as the music, Marvel was darned if they do or didn't. Go straight tribal, it's stereotypical, Coming to America. Go hip-hop, they're 'blackening' him up. But the film's set in a modern day. Hip-hop is in Africa, y'all. So I think that feels every bit as right as anything else. And the Run the Jewels track had a bit of a jungle beat feel whilst being hip-hop, it kind of audibly was old and new, just like the move will hopefully be.

Run the Jewels are, without question, one of the best rap duos of all time. Been a fan of them for a long time and it felt right at home in this teaser.

Score major points for dark skinned black women being properly represented at long freakin last! Coogler is the f****** man!

With Guardians, Thor Ragnarok and now Black Panther they're seriously outdoing themselves in costume and design.

Gah dam, how do Marvel do it? This is an embarassment of riches when it comes to skill, talent and overall execution. Ain't nobody crying about the poster now!

Anyone mind grabbing some screenshots of the new mask?

Yeah, I like the detail on the newer one.

Mask looks the same, no? maybe the other shots are just unfinished CGI.

No its a new mask. Different silver detailing

How about a still of him getting shot at in the jungle? That's probably the best look we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"