Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should seriously tame your expectations. Not because the movie won't be good but if you are going expecting one of the best comic book movies you have way more room for disappointment. half the time it's not the movie's fault but fan's fault for having the bar so high in their head.

Don't go expect a 9/10 movie. Expect a 8/10 and be suprised if it's better.

I have high expectations but at the same time Marvel has more or less always delivered when it comes to their movies especially origin films and the BP solo film is supposed to be an origin film right

Its probably going to pick up after civil war and work in the origin at the same time.

That would be a smart choice and the fact that they got Angela Bassett to play T'Challa/Black Panther's mother is even better...I mean in the MCU she is apparently T'Challa's mother when in the comics we know she isn't but I wonder if we will get any scenes with her as far as grieving for her husband T'Chaka especially now that her son is King

Since it seems like they only just started shooting in South Korea and are expected there for a couple weeks, I imagine we'll see Boseman and/or his stunt double for some action scenes.

That would be a smart choice and the fact that they got Angela Bassett to play T'Challa/Black Panther's mother is even better...I mean in the MCU she is apparently T'Challa's mother when in the comics we know she isn't but I wonder if we will get any scenes with her as far as grieving for her husband T'Chaka especially now that her son is King

N'Yami died while T'Challa was still a baby. Ramonda in the comics obviousky didn't give birth to him but it makes her no less his mother.

As for your questions about flashbacks, the answer is yes. There are reports and casting that confirm this which have been discussed here or in the previous thread.

T'Challa and Nakia's love story I can't wait to see how it plays out on screen but I was kind of hoping Monica would be his love interest but hey I wonder if that means Nakia since she is a part of the Dora Milaje if she will die in this origin film

No, it's not supposed to be an origin film. it takes place after CW. it will definitely have flashbacks but those don't make it an origin film. batman Begins or Strange are origin films.

But it is his own solo film and before Civil War BP has never had his own origin film on screen so it would be somewhat of a continuation after Civil War but an origin can also be worked in too well through flashback sequences and what not

I wonder if there will be any flashback scenes in The Black Panther solo with T'Chaka, T'Challa's father or even flashbacks of T'Challa as a child growing up in Wakanda

I'd say that's likely.

T'Challa and Nakia's love story I can't wait to see how it plays out on screen but I was kind of hoping Monica would be his love interest but hey I wonder if that means Nakia since she is a part of the Dora Milaje if she will die in this origin film

Nakia's the equivalent of an obsessed ex/stalker. I hope they don't make it a love story between them.

Nakia's the equivalent of an obsessed ex/stalker. I hope they don't make it a love story between them.
It will be unrequited, we know how straight forward T'Challa is. I believe he will be focused on the goal in the movie. She may try to show off for him and sneak into his room and stuff.

I really don't see a real love story happening.

I think it's fair and logical to say that it will be partly an origin film. While this is not the first time we see the character on screen,his origin( training since childhood, trials and such) is pretty unique and has not been portrayed before on film and I'm sure we'll see it via flashbacks. Maybe the movie has a long prologue with the origin and then we go back to the present to see t challa addressing his people as king for the first time and we get introduced to all the characters and wakanda and we go from there.

I think it's fair and logical to say that it will be partly an origin film. While this is not the first time we see the character on screen,his origin( training since childhood, trials and such) is pretty unique and has not been portrayed before on film and I'm sure we'll see it via flashbacks. Maybe the movie has a long prologue with the origin and then we go back to the present to see t challa addressing his people as king for the first time and we get introduced to all the characters and wakanda and we go from there.

That would be the way to go

Some cast and crew of Black Panther went bowling last night in Atlanta.

tumblr_on350sp8YJ1qdpinno4_540.jpg

tumblr_on350sp8YJ1qdpinno1_540.jpg

tumblr_on350sp8YJ1qdpinno2_540.jpg

Angela Bassett Will STILL get it. Damn.

Last edited:
But I wonder if they will try to connect Killmonger to SHIELD/HYDRA

I hope Killmonger isn't Hydra. I prefer him him being a threat not connected to any previous villain organisation.

hmm.. wonder if any of the action is supposed to take place in North Korea? could be fun.

Obviously he is but he's not filming every minute of the day.

How dare he take a picture with a fan in his spare time. Actually how dare he have a life. He should be eating lunch in the suit and communicate in Xhosa or Yuroba (Wakandan dialects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"