tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p12awe3pGJ1sdxw5qo1_1280.jpg

Got the 3D trailer before The Last Jedi on IMAX - looked absolutely terrific, cool as all hell and the audience definately responded well to it.

I hope so. Really need this to be a success.

It should do no less than 250 domestically. Maybe as high as 350 domestically but 300 should be reachable. And same amount worldwide. 600 WW, maybe 700.

Estimating this is driving me crazy. I can't wait for opening weekend.

I know this is off topic but anyone know when Coogler is set to work on WRONG ANSWER with Michael B. Jordan. The film was announced last June and I see MBJ has several projects lined up. He's doing a courtroom drama and sequel to Creed during the first half of 2018.

Also, what is Chadwick up to? Haven't seen him listed for any other roles. I'm hoping BP's success has him elevated to A-list status.

It should do no less than 250 domestically. Maybe as high as 350 domestically but 300 should be reachable. And same amount worldwide. 600 WW, maybe 700.

$250 dom and $450m overseas would be awesome. That would be TWS type numbers.

I know this is off topic but anyone know when Coogler is set to work on WRONG ANSWER with Michael B. Jordan. The film was announced last June and I see MBJ has several projects lined up. He's doing a courtroom drama and sequel to Creed during the first half of 2018.

Also, what is Chadwick up to? Haven't seen him listed for any other roles. I'm hoping BP's success has him elevated to A-list status.

Other than Marshall which was already released I haven't heard anything about what else he has planned. I know Lupita is doing a zombie comedy with Josh Gad and Alexander England called Little Monsters.

Honestly, I will be fine with anything above 500 mil worldwide. But realistically, I expect an amount of 650 mill just because its a property not everyone knows even if with his appearance in Civil War I believe people will have to warm up to the character and his mythos/world.

I don't want to set high expectations only to be greatly disappointed. If it gets glowing reviews then I can guarantee a good box office success will follow i.e Coco

Last edited:
I don't remember this many shirts coming out for previous Marvel movies. This is pretty cool.

They really should play up the "Battle for the throne" in the promos, etc.

The #TeamBlackPanther vs. #TeamKillmonger could really help sell the movie.

They'd need to release more info on Killmonger's angle in order for people to be compelled enough to agree with or side with him. The marketing shtick worked for Captain America: Civil War because fans and audiences already knew both characters at least somewhat (based on the previous movies) and the trailers and other promotional material made it fairly clear what their motivations would be in the film. It doesn't quite look like we'll be getting that here, since the filmmakers seem to want to keep Killmonger's backstory under wraps as one of the big reveals.

What and where is this?

They'd need to release more info on Killmonger's angle in order for people to be compelled enough to agree with or side with him. The marketing shtick worked for Captain America: Civil War because fans and audiences already knew both characters at least somewhat (based on the previous movies) and the trailers and other promotional material made it fairly clear what their motivations would be in the film. It doesn't quite look like we'll be getting that here, since the filmmakers seem to want to keep Killmonger's backstory under wraps as one of the big reveals.

What and where is this?

IDK found it on Instagram

What and where is this?
True. This is part of the reason I think they should have saved the Killmonger Panther suit for the sequel.

Would have really up the stakes for that film if he came back with his own Panther suit and ruled after we've been invested in him.

True. This is part of the reason I think they should have saved the Killmonger Panther suit for the sequel.

Would have really up the stakes for that film if he came back with his own Panther suit and ruled after we've been invested in him.

I am really not a fan of judging a movie before having seen it. :)

I am really not a fan of judging a movie before having seen it. :)

Not saying it won't be great. Just saying that a lot of the criticism of the villain in the same outfit as the hero wouldn't apply for its first movie. It also organically sets up for it to use the costume for the sequel.

I still expect a great movie.

It could possibly be a good thing they included Killmonger's suit as part of the marketing. I think there's a chance the people who were initially put off at the idea could grow to like it the more they see it on display and in action.

I wish more studios used creative ways when it comes to promoting films. I really liked the viral stuff WB did with TDK back in the day with the political posters and fake news broadcasts. I also liked what they did with Straight Outta Compton with the #StraightOutta memes. I would even go as far to say the latter probably wouldn't have opened as big as it did without those memes taking off.

Honestly, I will be fine with anything above 500 mil worldwide. But realistically, I expect an amount of 650 mill just because its a property not everyone knows even if with his appearance in Civil War I believe people will have to warm up to the character and his mythos/world.

I don't want to set high expectations only to be greatly disappointed. If it gets glowing reviews then I can guarantee a good box office success will follow i.e Coco

Early mentions of it seem to indicate it should be a critical hit.

It's just whether the overseas figures big as much as the studio is hoping. The budget is (i would guess 150-160 million) so 500 million would be the lowest number for it to be successful. I would figure 600 is doable. 650 for sure. Maybe 700 if the promoters indicate the links with this and Infinity War.

Though again this will be a real test for them like how Ant-Man/Dr Strange were and along with Captain Marvel. I figure if DS can get 650 million WW then BP should be able to as well. *crossing fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"