Black Panther: Wakanda Forever General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Yeah my enthusiasm for this is nil. I had no opinion of Wright before but reading about her antics has really turned me off. And since there is no clear lead in this movie, I’m not interested in seeing 2 hours of just supporting cast.

Me too. Its not the same without Chadwick Boseman.

FND_TopAnticipated_Movies_2022_v3.jpg
Whoever said there is no hype for Black Panther 2 need to reevaluate that statement
I'm curious as to what metrics there using. Are there curiosity searches or anticipation searches?, because they are 2 very separate things.

The pressure of the first trailer of Black Panther II is bigger than for Endgame. I can easily see the audience turn away if the trailer doesnt nail it. This blockbuster is vulnerble on a a lot of fronts: Loss of Chadwick, Wrights vaccine drama, possible too much girlpower for some parts of the audience..

Hope she makes a full recovery. Bast, it feels like this movie has been cursed the minute Chadwick died.
I'm curious as to how big a loss the movie would take if they cancelled the movie and took a long break. Might be worth it in the long run.

Sadly, right now, this movie looks like a car crash. First Boseman's death (which resulted in rewrites), then Wright's statements, then the delays to shoot. Now I heard they intended to make Shuri the lead, but could be rewriting again to "undo" that because of Letitia. It's crazy.

FND_TopAnticipated_Movies_2022_v3.jpg
Whoever said there is no hype for Black Panther 2 need to reevaluate that statement

No shade, but Dark Phoenix was also on that list back in 2019.

I wish I could be hopeful but at this point....

This is gonna be a huge mess that should have been brought to a halt the second Wright showed how much of a liability she has become.

Fire her ass from Disney/Marvel ASAP and recast both Shuri and T'challa.

**** happens. The audience will get it and you risk not producing a cluster**** of a movie.

I think it is better to reevaluate rather than stick to your guns here Feige.

I wish I could be hopeful but at this point....

This is gonna be a huge mess that should have been brought to a halt the second Wright showed how much of a liability she has become.

Fire her ass from Disney/Marvel ASAP and recast both Shuri and T'challa.

**** happens. The audience will get it and you risk not producing a cluster**** of a movie.

I think it is better to reevaluate rather than stick to your guns here Feige.

No I say let them learn this lesson the hard way and let the train crash. Maybe this will show Nate Moore why shouldn’t make a billion dollar decision in minutes.

I seriously doubt they have that kind of time. Especially with the pandemic still going. They might as well finish what they've got and rework things for a sequel.

Too late to overhaul things too much now. Best to hope they recast T’Challa (variant or otherwise) for Black Panther 3. Especially with Boseman’s family coming out in support for recasting

Well, she's back.

Letitia Wright returns to Black Panther II set months after accident

Actress Letitia Wright has resumed filming on the Black Panther sequel, almost five months after being injured when a stunt went wrong.

The British star, who plays Shuri, was said at the time of the accident in August to have suffered minor injuries.

But Marvel's bosses later said she turned out to have sustained "a critical shoulder fracture and a concussion with severe side effects".

They should have threatened to fire her if she didn’t instead of giving her a payout. I’m getting sick of people getting offered incentives to stop being A-holes who put their coworkers in danger.

I remember that, since Lupita Nyong'o was doing press for The 355, but had to call it off due to getting covid. Even though that was one or two weeks ago, I could see how that positive test alone could impact filming.

I hope she never get work after this is done. I have no words for this woman.

I just hope they don’t delay Thor for the empty spot in November because this clearly won’t be ready for a November release

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"