Black Panther's ROTTEN TOMATOES thread - Part 1

I think WOM and repeat business, i.e. legs, is a better barometer for how general audiences film about a film than the internet scores.

Even a good cinemascore doesn't mean of film is appealing enough to general audiences that they'll keep going back time and time again. I think this film is gonna have good WOM and good repeat business.

Lol who cares. It has zero credibility and is notoriously unreliable. There's a reason why nobody gave a **** about it till Last Jedi.

I've been saying it for years that any internet audience rating that just anybody can vote for is unreliable. Hopefully this is the final, final nail in the coffin for online ratings like at Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.
Some of my friends use RT to rate the movies, if cancelling rating service is what happens they will be disappointed for a while.

Sigh, some people have suddenly fallen to short-term memory loss and don't remember the loud fanboys threatening to attack the audience RT score. People are already comparing them on Twitter and trying to make that "critic v fan"/Last Jedi dissension argument.

The audience score has finally reverse course and is slowly getting better. It’s 75 now. The trolls have officially failed.

This happens with every big movie and 99% of America doesn’t care what the audience score is. The people with no lives spend their free time trying to vote down movies on the internet.

So 97 RT score is pretty much stabilized, right?

The audience score has finally reverse course and is slowly getting better. It’s 75 now. The trolls have officially failed.

Also 6.5 on MC, up from 5.9 on Friday. I would have thought the turn around would have come sooner. The positive WOM for this film across the internet is terrific, so why don't some of these folks rush to RT and MC and flood the score with positives? I realize they have lives and trolls don't, but even if 10% of them did so this film would already be back in the 80's at this point. Either way they can't stop this tidal wave. The hunger is real.

#WakandaForever

So 97 RT score is pretty much stabilized, right?

For the most part the movie is at 290 reviews now and at 97 with 8.2 average. The movie at most I think will have like 90 reviews left has I think the most reviews I have ever seen a movie have is 380. I think most likely the movie will get like another 30-60 reviews though. The average may get back up to 8.3 or maybe drop to 8.1. It is at a 97 but close to dropping to a 96 so I think it is going to end at a 96. Right now the movie needs 9 of the next 10 reviews to be fresh for it to stay at a 97 and that is rounding up so I think it will drop to a 96 has a lot of times more of the bad reviews for movies come late.

Also 6.5 on MC, up from 5.9 on Friday. I would have thought the turn around would have come sooner. The positive WOM for this film across the internet is terrific, so why don't some of these folks rush to RT and MC and flood the score with positives? I realize they have lives and trolls don't, but even if 10% of them did so this film would already be back in the 80's at this point. Either way they can't stop this tidal wave. The hunger is real.

#WakandaForever
I’m assuming after the weekend is over it will start to speed up. I think in regards to IMDb and others, the downvotes were so unprecedented for a big superhero film so that might be a reason why it has taken longer to come back to reality.

Is there any top critic who is likely to give the movie a negative review or will its top critic Tomato rating be able to remain at 100%?

Eh. Last Jedi deserved it's sub 50% user rating.

Black Panther is actually a good movie, so it's getting a way better user score.

That's good, this movie deserves to have better audience score than a certain other comic book movie that currently stands at 76% audience score. ;)

Black Panther is actually a good movie, so it's getting a way better user score.

Disagree. TLJ was a great film and didn't deserve it's Audience Score. My opinion, of course.

As a Star Wars fan who is vastly disappointed with TLJ, I have to agree.

I want to make a comparison.
The incredibles and black panther rt critic score and reviews and audiences scores.
I have not really paid attention to the audience scores for the incredibles until now.

Do anyone have any thoughts on this?

http://s-s.www.rottentomatoes.com.prx.uk.teleportyou.com.prx.uk.teleportyou.com/m/incredibles/

The RT audience score is a joke and is notoriously unreliable. The only ones who pay attention to it are people trying to justify their opinion on why the "last jedi is supposedly bad."

But to answer your question, for films that have 30,000,000+ user ratings, they tend to score lower simply because of the sheer number of ratings. Even classics.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spiderman/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1017776_rocky?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/titanic/

I really don't even know why people care. RT is a critical metric, if you want fan opinions, IMDB would probably be a better source.

Last edited:
Still not sure why Drew McWeeny's A review hasn't been posted yet.

I actually liked the Last Jedi tbh.

Maybe its because I'm not a hardcore SW fan

Sigh, some people have suddenly fallen to short-term memory loss and don't remember the loud fanboys threatening to attack the audience RT score. People are already comparing them on Twitter and trying to make that "critic v fan"/Last Jedi dissension argument.

Well the big difference between BP and TLJ is that it truly is loved across the board. TLJ had a divisive reaction within the fan base which still remains.

BP actually has been embraced by the vast majority of fanboys, critics, and the GA. BP is not a polarizing film. If anything, it seems to be bringing people together which TLJ didn't necessarily do.

What is similar, is that you have the same bigoted and racist groups trolling both films and attempting to enter the social media conversation.

Who cares about IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes audience score? They really don't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"