Black Panther's ROTTEN TOMATOES thread - Part 1

Adjusted scores:

1. Black Panther 118.844%
  2. The Wizard of Oz 115.106%
  3. Citizen Kane 113.34%
  4. The Third Man 112.496%
  5. Get Out 112.452%

Cole Smithee just posted a negative review. Guy seems crazy. His review is appears very bias.

You would think RT would screen it and not let this guy have access to post a review. He's obviously being a punk.

Bit late! The film already made well over $1.2B. People have already made their minds up after seeing it so it doesn't make any real difference.

It is late but i sure like that 97% score. One more negative and it goes down to 96%.

Cole Smithee just posted a negative review. Guy seems crazy. His review is appears very bias.

I'm reading it right now...

For as boring as the movie is, and “Black Panther” is nothing if not an utter mind-numbing experience, here is yet another reminder of Hollywood’s lazy and persistent use of redundant comic book material to profit from marketing violence to kids while, in this case, spitting on the graves of native peoples.

These movies aren’t about ideas, such as civilized discussion or compatible behavior, they are about greed and instilling vengeful behavior in kids who grow up instilled with oversimplified notions about wars, fighting, and taking revenge on fellow human beings.

Just as the “Star Wars” movies have made many times over their box office profits on toys, so too does Hollywood deal in superhero merchandising to elevate profit margins to astronomical levels. Follow the money. You might think it’s a big deal for a movie like “Black Panther” to employ so many black actors, but you can bet the film’s producers are not sharing any product revenues with those same thespians. To put it simply, superhero movies are nothing more than very long commercials. Think about it when Halloween rolls around and every other nine-year-old is wearing a Black Panther costume. You can’t call that Cinema.

“Black Panther” is forgettable as it is toxic. To pretend otherwise is pure folly. As for the popularity of superhero movies, keep in mind their relation to a lowest common denominator cashed in on by faceless corporations. All you have to do is follow the money. Go ahead; buy a toy. But remember to think about what it really represents.

Y8ydxE3.gif

Black Panther is down to 96% on RT. Another rotten review.

Why do they accept reviews so late lol. Funny how super-late reviews often tend to be negatives and bring films down a point even for films where nearly all the reviews are positive.

Why do they accept reviews so late lol. Funny how super-late reviews often tend to be negatives and bring films down a point even for films where nearly all the reviews are positive.

Plus it's probably obvious click bait like some other late reviews.

Plus it's probably obvious click bait like some other late reviews.

Yeah, pretty obvious.

This would be really bad if a very late review changed a film from fresh to rotten. I don't get why there isn't a cut off date for reviews. The idea is that these people doing it as their job should be trying to see these films before regular viewers so that their reviews can help them decide whether to watch a film. A review at this stage isn't much use.

I sent the prick from reel.com a good message. The guy is a *****e. He gave Ragnarok a rotten score also. As for the Smithee guy, how does RT allow him a sat when his reviews are just toxic?

It's still 97% in my book. Reviews two months late should never count for ****.

Roger Moore throwing shade at BP and IW on his Deadpool 2 review lol.

Back up to 97%.

mTNyFY1.png

:cool:.

Saw this movie in 4k today! Wow!! It looked great!! 97% is a good score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"