Black Superheroes Movies - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movies like the raid make the martial arts in some western movies look like ****.

Kerry Washington would be great in a superhero role.

Movies like the raid make the martial arts in some western movies look like ****.

The best choreographed Western movies are the Bourne films and The Matrix.

But Bourne isn't really a Martial Arts film and The Matrix used the best choreographer in China.

Zoe Saldana isnt even black shes latina I forget what to be exact.

She's an Afro-Latina, which is the term Latinos that are racially Black have adopted to describe themselves.There are Black people in Latin America but their population is surpassed by the Amerindian, White and Mestizo (the poster boys/girls for the Latino ethnicity) populations. Hope that clears things up.

Also Zoe Saldana would need to bulk up more before she could take on a superhero role. She's a good actress though.

That depends on what kind of hero she is. For instance, Monica Rambeau aka Captain Marvel/ Photon/Pulsar/whatevers is an energy being, so big muscles don't really matter.

None of the female superheroes on screen to date have been musclebound.

Yeah, really the only prerequisite is to be hot.

I guess that's true. What superhero would Zoe Sladana be a good fit for?

I would love to see a live action Static, Black Panther, Blue Beetle (I know Jaime isn't Black but I don't think there's a Hispanic Superheroes movie thread so I'll list him here), or a Storm solo movie!

I don't think she's sassy enough. That's right, I said sassy.

the only thing about Misty I can see her being able to pull off is dating a white guy :meanie:

Yeah, she just doesn't give it off to me. She's mostly played....very suburban-ish black chicks.

Yeah, she just doesn't give it off to me. She's mostly played....very suburban-ish black chicks.

not to say to say she is on the level of Denzel but who knew he could play 'thuggish' before Training Day?

She may not be sassy but if the role requires it (if she is any sort of actress) she can play it.

So what do you think about Anthony Mackie as the Falcon? I heard yesterday it was confirmed for the new Captain America movie. I hope his role is big in the movie. I think this is a big step for Marvel and their black characters. If Mackie kills the role (which I'm confident he will) this could either open the door to a spin-off with him or open the door to bringing in a Black Panther film.

I heard he was in talks but not that he got the role

I was watching *looks around and whispers* BET yesterday and they said it was confirmed. But then again they could've been wrong. They said Falcon was the first black superhero....

I was watching *looks around and whispers* BET yesterday and they said it was confirmed. But then again they could've been wrong. They said Falcon was the first black superhero....

First African-American, yeah. I guess it's all about semantics.

Is it just me or was there more black solo ongoing titles in the 90s.

I remember reading Luke Cage, Steel, War Machine, ect.

Well, DC did just cancel the Static Shock and Mr. Terrific series. They still have Batwing and Voodoo (about a biracial alien-hybrid) going. Vertigo has Voodoo Child (unrelated character).

With Marvel, there's Ultimate Spider-Man. Also I think Rhodes is currently Iron Man, again. Black Panther was canceled a while ago.

It's funny that while I've always thought Marvel was better with racial/ethnic diversity and DC with gender (white women anyway), DC seems to be leading on both fronts right now.

I always thought DC was better with regards to ethnic/racial diversity but I'm probably being biased as I think DC's racial/ethnic characters are cooler (Static, Blue Beetle, Fire, Cyborg, Vixen, Katana, Traci 13...etc), One things for sure though, the Teen Titans are definitely the most diverse franchise in DC (I'd say it tied with the X-men).

I'm watching Blade: Trinity right now, and you can really tell that Snipes and Kristofferson weren't feeling their lines. I'd love it if they got one more movie with a good director that focuses on them.

I always thought DC was better with regards to ethnic/racial diversity but I'm probably being biased as I think DC's racial/ethnic characters are cooler (Static, Blue Beetle, Fire, Cyborg, Vixen, Katana, Traci 13...etc), One things for sure though, the Teen Titans are definitely the most diverse franchise in DC (I'd say it tied with the X-men).

I based my statements on how many non-white characters were headlining titles and until recently I saw far more at Marvel doing so. But at DC I saw far more white women headlining titles than Marvel. I do think both companies have a long way to go into fully developing their roster of non-white characters, male or female, in addition to white females.

Personally I think Marvel's non-white characters have been cooler, in part because I've felt they've gotten more development and chances to be cooler. But I don't want to knock DC's slate. There are some very cool non-white characters, not even counting Milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"