Black Superheroes Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm-maybe. I don't really know much about him.
But I don't like his name.

I dont know him either but it s not necessary to have to have a well know caracter to be on the big screen. Blade is a good example.

I'm not saying that it is. But it's hard to say whether I'd be into the idea of a movie when I'm not familiar with the character.

How about a Black lightning movie. I think it could be interesting.

460061-black_lightning_matthew_clark01_large.jpg

I thought about it... but because the character lacks a lot of storyline depth (and fans for that matter), I don't think he develops easily into a full length feature film. Add on to that the fact that Jefferson Pierce, the Olympic athlete and lawyer (seriously), has the same powers as Static and the same setting (canonically) as Superman... well...

He LOOKS COOL, by the way...

Add on to that the fact that Jefferson Pierce, the Olympic athlete and lawyer (seriously), has the same powers as Static and the same setting (canonically) as Superman... well...

Teacher.

Wow... I gave it a good shot though, eh? I could have sworn he was Lex's Attorney General... I guess it was Secretary of Education.

I think a Black Lightning movie might be cool. He's been getting more of a push lately and has a Year One book coming out next year I believe. He's currently an active member of the Justice League.

He was Lex's Education Secretary, and he has two daughters, Thunder (The Outsiders) and Lightning (Justice Society).

Being not well known isn't necessarily a knock against them. It perhaps might even make it easier if the writers need to deviate from his character.

Here's more on the character: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lightning

Not being well known can sometimes be an aset, as it was to Blade, much for the very reason you mentioned. I'm just not personally familiar enough w/the character to say if I'd be interested.

I think Blade was a success because it was a horror/action flick.

Blade was a success for a number of reasons;
the action/horror angle
the fight scenes
Wesley Snipes was still marketable then
the comic was little known, which gave them freedom to alter the character & much easier marketing.
I think many people who saw the movie are still unaware of the comic. I remember I was reading a "Blade" comic in December of '98, & a co-worker asked me, "Is that Blade as in Wesley Snipes Blade?"

I think many people who saw the movie are still unaware of the comic.

Most definitely. Hell, they are plenty of people who don't realize Batman was a comic book character first. Some think he started with Adam West. And some think The Hulk was a tv show first...

I think a Nick Fury movie may be coming. I'd see it.

Somewhat off-topic, but what do you think about this Last Dragon remake? Bruce Leroy is pretty much a black superhero to an extent. I still don't know who could fill those shoes.

I thought about it... but because the character lacks a lot of storyline depth (and fans for that matter), I don't think he develops easily into a full length feature film. Add on to that the fact that Jefferson Pierce, the Olympic athlete and lawyer (seriously), has the same powers as Static and the same setting (canonically) as Superman... well...

I understand but the fact there`not a lot of Black Superhero. I think we don`t have that luxury to just say no because there`s a similarity with some one else.

BTW I think I would like to see Phil Morris as black lighting

200px-Black_lightning_JLA.jpg
smallville-_phil_morris.jpg

Somewhat off-topic, but what do you think about this Last Dragon remake? Bruce Leroy is pretty much a black superhero to an extent. I still don't know who could fill those shoes.

Unnecessary. But if they are gonna remake it they should at least have gotten someone who isn't a senior citizen to play ShoNuff. Sam Jackson??!!:whatever:

I'm aware of those, many are not thus they do not represent a solution to our problems

First you say we need to sit down and make our own Black superheroes but there are a lot of Black superheroes made by Black people but now you're saying that doesn't solve our problems? Sounds like you're contradicting yourself to me.

First you say we need to sit down and make our own Black superheroes but there are a lot of Black superheroes made by Black people but now you're saying that doesn't solve our problems? Sounds like you're contradicting yourself to me.

pends on how you contextually take it, if you take it to mean that creating said characters is enough then it would be contradictory, however if you take it how I meant it...

There are many black created creator owned characters on the market that are not well known. Obviously the steps these creators have taken to push these characters is insufficient, otherwise the general public would know about them (I cast no blame and condemn no one with that. I'm just stating a fact.) Thus my claim that others need to take up the charge with fresh new characters, they may be able to better push and publicize their creations.

problem solved

(it's not that easy and, exactly that easy)

Why remake a movie that wasn't that good in the first place?
last_dragon.jpg

Why remake a movie that wasn't that good in the first place?
last_dragon.jpg
dude i have to disagree with this immensely. you may be the first person ive met that doesnt think this movie was good. i have shown and introduced this film to many people and they all thought it was great. some even went out to buy it.

i think the remake will be okay as long as they dont try to make it and extremely serious film. this movie is supposed to fun and a somewhat spoof on the traditional kung-fu, bruce lee movie. keep the fun and the humor and such great lines as direct to your feetsa its daddy green's pizza and it could be good times. Samuel as sho-nuff could be great, i mean its great for him he gets to shout and yell and be a bad-ass and this time its actually part of what the character is like.

Black Lighting isn't a well known character so the writer can change his background a little bit just how David Goyer did Blade. And if David goyer can take a B rated character like Blade and make him into a screen icon then somebody diffenetly can do the same to Black Lighting. And we don't know if Static Shock would ever be in a movie. And A lot of people don't know who Static is so I don't believe it would matter if BL has the same powers.

dude i have to disagree with this immensely. you may be the first person ive met that doesnt think this movie was good. i have shown and introduced this film to many people and they all thought it was great. some even went out to buy it.

i think the remake will be okay as long as they dont try to make it and extremely serious film. this movie is supposed to fun and a somewhat spoof on the traditional kung-fu, bruce lee movie. keep the fun and the humor and such great lines as direct to your feetsa its daddy green's pizza and it could be good times. Samuel as sho-nuff could be great, i mean its great for him he gets to shout and yell and be a bad-ass and this time its actually part of what the character is like.
Okay-maybe we're talking about two different movies. I'm talking about the one where the socially inept martial artist walks around in his training uniform all the time, searches for the way to unlock his chi so that he can achieve a glow, & copes with a rivalry against an egotistical martial atrs nutbag while trying to romance a video show host-who, BTW, is being stalked by a video game merchant because she won't play his talentless girlfriend's crappy videos. Great cinema this is not.

Okay-maybe we're talking about two different movies. I'm talking about the one where the socially inept martial artist walks around in his training uniform all the time, searches for the way to unlock his chi so that he can achieve a glow, & copes with a rivalry against an egotistical martial atrs nutbag while trying to romance a video show host-who, BTW, is being stalked by a video game merchant because she won't play his talentless girlfriend's crappy videos. Great cinema this is not.
same movie and i respect your opinion i just do not share the same one. i thoroughly enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. It was a cheesy somewhat campy "black-sploitation" (as it is sometimes called) film.

Unnecessary. But if they are gonna remake it they should at least have gotten someone who isn't a senior citizen to play ShoNuff. Sam Jackson??!!:whatever:

Samuel L. Jackson would beat your ass:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"