Black Widow at the Box Office!

Kind of a hard one. I think it’s going to be a smaller film than many of the other MCU films, but we also haven’t had one for a long time so maybe anticipation will be higher than normal. I could see a wide range of possible numbers for this one.

If it climbs like I believe it would, I could see it break a billion or get really close.

I. think the MINIMUM for BW is over 800 million.we are looking at Wonder Woman/Venom numbers,. it could go.higher, though.

Due to fans waiting for the film for years, we could be surprised.

Well they may not even be able to screen it in China depending on how long the cinemas remain closed. Many in many Asian countries also feel iffy going to cinemas as well. We will see how much Mulan will suffer to have a little better idea of the effects. 700m is my optimistic scenario for now.

Well they may not even be able to screen it in China depending on how long the cinemas remain closed. Many in many Asian countries also feel iffy going to cinemas as well. We will see how much Mulan will suffer to have a little better idea of the effects. 700m is my optimistic scenario for now.

In China, 70,000 theaters have been closed for over 3 weeks up to this point. This years box office numbers are at 3.9 million compared to 1.52 billion over the same stretch a year ago. People are in survival mode with this epidemic, obviously.

Think this comes out around the time the virus breaks and people go see it out of cabin fever?

Right now it doesn't seem like things will change dramatically in 8-10 weeks. Unless the film is pulled, I'd guess it would suffer pretty dramatically. If it's pulled it would suffer too, but for different reasons. Just an extremely unfortunate crisis and bad timing for the film.

I think a billion is out of the question with China basically in lockdown mode with their theaters. With the current conditions, I think $600-700 million would be a good take for this film.

No China, no Italy, no cure, wide spread panic these ingredients spell trouble for the box office unfortunately. Things could dramatically change for the better and tomorrow but as of now this movie will definitely feel a negative impact at the box office, no doubt about it. And same goes foe every summer blockbuster behind it too.

After a record setting 2019 I think 2020 will likely be a record setting year too but for all the wrong reasons.

No Time to Die just pushed the release to November. I would understand if Black Widow got pushed back as well, but I'm really hoping they don't.

I think they should move it. but where is kind of a tricky question.

No Time to Die just pushed the release to November. I would understand if Black Widow got pushed back as well, but I'm really hoping they don't.

Disney really should delay Mulan & Black Widow.

No China, no Italy, no cure, wide spread panic these ingredients spell trouble for the box office unfortunately. Things could dramatically change for the better and tomorrow but as of now this movie will definitely feel a negative impact at the box office, no doubt about it. And same goes foe every summer blockbuster behind it too.

After a record setting 2019 I think 2020 will likely be a record setting year too but for all the wrong reasons.

No South Korea, no France...

There's no competition in August and September.

I guessing they will probably have to move it back to later in the year, otherwise it could be Marvel's first flop, and not because of the film itself but other circumstances.

China is a huge part of Marvel's box office, and it would be a non-entity now with the Corona virus in full swing. It would be like they're not even opening there. So I imagine Marvel would want to consider delaying, unless they want BW to have significantly lower box office numbers.

How they handle Mulan will be telling.
Let's see if it opens domestically on Match 27.

I'm selfish so I don't want them to move.

But if Disney really wants huge box office numbers from China, then okay but when is the coronavirus outbreak going to end? No one has the answer. Worst case scenario, it could take years and movie studiosjust can't delay every big movie because of this, as delays could hurt the momentum of the film's buzz. I was really planning to see James Bond next month, now I'm lessinterested about it because of the delay.

Imo, keep the May date while delay the movie release in China, Italy, Iran and South Korea.

I might give this film a miss in the theatres and wait for the safety of my own home. I suspect many others might do the same.

Imagine if it were Endgame that were at stake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"