Black Widow at the Box Office!

I wonder how bad it will be by the time Black Widow releases.

I wonder how bad it will be by the time Black Widow releases.

I really think Black Widow should be delayed. China and India are two of the Marvel's biggest markets (Endgame is the highest-grossing Hollywood movie in both countries).

They should offer that on demand for Disney+ for 10 USD in days of corona.

If they delay Mulan... then this will be delayed.

If they delay it, I hope they move it on June 5 or July 31. Lets hope the situation is much better in those months.

Black Widow will be next.

Maybe they can release it on Disney Plus just for us extra-special fans at the Hype. :D:

That would be great, But they would lose a lot of money doing that

I don't even have Disney + as its not even available here yet so that would be bad news to me.

There's no way this goes straight to Disney Plus. People can stop with that silly notion now.

I have seen this idea pop up in several places online.
Hollywood would lose massive amounts of money if they streamed their movies due to the coronavirus.
And I guarantee you, DISNEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT!

Yeah makes no sense to stream. They will delay this and release it in the summer more likely

One way to do it would be to put in on Disney+ as a 20$ PPV purchase. Not only would that attract new subscribers to the Disney+, but could also serve as a test run for a direct to consumer boxoffice model.

One way to do it would be to put in on Disney+ as a 20$ PPV purchase. Not only would that attract new subscribers to the Disney+, but could also serve as a test run for a direct to consumer boxoffice model.

giphy.gif

Would make a lot of sense for Disney to release a possible billion dollar movie straight to streaming. Not gonna happen.

Would make a lot of sense for Disney to release a possible billion dollar movie straight to streaming. Not gonna happen.
Except what I am suggesting is not straight to steaming, it's a PPV model. Like a UFC fight or a big boxing match

Disney's 2021 slate is probably deeply affected by this and the production of their 2021 films have been shut down. And lets say the outbreak lasts until February 2021. They won't have nothing new to release for 2021, if their 2020 films are already released in D+ this year.

I think this outbreak is only going to get worse in the next couple of months especially in America and Europe. So imo, like Fast 9, they should be considering right now to move Mulan/Black Widow to 2021 and their other 2020 movies. The fact that they haven't announced a new date makes think they might be considering it to delay til next year.

I don't think Black Widow will delay until next year unless the government keeps everything shut down for just that long.

Theatrical is by far the greatest revenue generator of all the release models as they currently exist. Even if they had to wait a year it would be well worth it (as things stand today). If Disney made this move then Iger may as well stand next to Ted Sarandos and throw billions into the cash incinerator.

I hope this does well in November.

It looks like its going to be a Spy month in the movies in November.

If everything remains shut till next year, movies are the last thing you will need to worry about. If companies and people don’t make money to pay taxes, even governments, no matter how solid they seem now, will crumble. There is only so much life support governments can provide, for sure it’s not bottomless. When people get desperate, you can bet crime rate will shoot through the roof. People are lining up to buy guns for a reason (not that I agree with).

That said, I doubt people will flock to cinemas at year end even cinemas manage to survive and have the doors opened by then. It will take time for the fear factor to subside. This movie and many other blockbusters in 2020, are looking more likely to be write offs by studios unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"