Endgame Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff - Scarlett Johansson

Really wasn’t expecting her to die. :funny:

I know people have had their issues with SJ’s acting over the years, but I think she did a very good job overall. This might be my favorite Widow since TWS.

I know people have had their issues with SJ’s acting over the years, but I think she did a very good job overall. This might be my favorite Widow since TWS.

This was the most I've liked her in these films. Never had any issues with her, but this film really makes her shine for me.

Is it confirmed that her film is going to be an origin film?

I am just wondering, since an alternate version of the universe has been set up with Loki rabbiting with the Tesseract, if her movie could be set in that universe... I'm even wondering about the other Disney+ shows now on that!

It might not be an origin film, and might seem rather irrelevant now when it would've been more appropriate years ago.

How do we know that

it's not set within the 5 years after the snap? There's plenty of time to have stories set then. It would also not require any de-aging, whereas an origin would have to have her looking younger for the whole movie - eg Lost in Translation age. Within the 5 years, she can look exactly the same as she did in Endgame.

what were the problems folks had with it?

Is it confirmed that her film is going to be an origin film?

I am just wondering, since an alternate version of the universe has been set up with Loki rabbiting with the Tesseract, if her movie could be set in that universe... I'm even wondering about the other Disney+ shows now on that!
I heard that the movie will take place after the first Avengers movie.

I've always liked her as Black Widow, but Scarlett Johansson's performance here is easily her best. Even more than Winter Solider or The Avengers.

It's sort of hard to know how many films she's actually got left on her contract since there were multiple reports stating she had a nine-film deal but she's said in recent interviews that her contract "mutates and evolves." Only sure thing for her is at least one solo film.

I have what might be a dumb question but...
after the fight was done and everyone debriefed, cleaned up, and parted ways, no one took the knowledge that there were two Nebula's, one of whom ended up dead and the most recent Nebula didn't instantly disappear, and Gamora, who had been sacrificed for the stone, is now walking around fine and dandy, and thought to themselves, 'well, Steve, could you maybe pop back to the day before we all go off on our missions to collect the stones and grab Nat and bring her to the present so we can have her back?' Gamora coming from the past before she was sacrificed for the soul stone didn't magically undo Thanos's snap. Nebula from the past getting killed by present-day Nebula had no impact on her. So there is no reason Steve couldn't have gotten a new Nat. So when he went to replace all the stones, why didn't he get her and instead of the pad he was one being empty when he should have returned, Nat could have been standing there instead, with a new shield to give to Sam? I would definitely have taken that over old man Steve any day as his answer to what happened to him. Kinda would have been a neat call back to Nat giving testimony rather than Steve because his actions speak for themselves.

It's sort of hard to know how many films she's actually got left on her contract since there were multiple reports stating she had a nine-film deal but she's said in recent interviews that her contract "mutates and evolves." Only sure thing for her is at least one solo film.
It will be a testament to the character's popularity and SJ's A-list status if this film opens BIG. Can it top a Thor Ragnarok or more likely finish with a Dr. Strange-box office? I do wonder.

Really? I'm kinda surprised to hear that. Scarlett is one of the better film actresses working today. She takes on interesting roles and had been great in a lot of films.

She’s one of the few actresses who don’t have to take the girlfriend role to be in a movie.

I thought she had a great performance. It stayed true to her character's arc, and her "soldiering on" in the first act while still being obviously melancholy with shades of PTSD was some excellent yet subtle work.

No way, don't think so-
the Tesseract was returned to 1970, so the Tesseract that Loki stole was that same Tesseract- Steve restored the Space Stone that Loki stole, making it available to be stolen in 2012. To stop the new branch, they would have had to get it back from that Loki and put it back in the lobby at that second-- it was clearly to establish a premise for the TV show, but I am wondering if they aren't doing a 'Star Trek' and it could affect the BW movie, make WandaVision possible etc

Why, exactly, would this be needed to make WandaVision possible? Wanda is still alive, and the Vision's body is still there to become the soulless white version of Vision. No reality edits needed.

I thought Black Widow was amazing in this. Personally I felt
Natasha's death scene on Vormir
was the most powerful moment in the whole film.

The shot of
Natasha and Clint embracing against Vormir's horizon
was the single most devastating frame for me. Or
Clint doubling over in grief, alone in the pool when he realizes the Stone is in his hand.

Both actors played that scene beautifully.

Last edited:
It killed me how
happy and positively giddy Nat was before their mission. She was very excited that they have a plan and they have a shot at getting everyone back.

“See you in a minute.”

It killed me how
happy and positively giddy Nat was before their mission. She was very excited that they have a plan and they have a shot at getting everyone back.
Her and Hawkeye looked like they were going on an amusement park ride. :csad: Her face before falling also got me. I really loved the whole Vormir scene and the bond the two of them had throughout the film.

The shot of
Natasha and Clint embracing against Vormir's horizon
was the single most devastating frame for me. Or
Clint doubling over in grief, alone in the pool when he realizes the Stone is in his hand.

Both actors played that scene beautifully.
Yep, excellent from them both.

It killed me how

“See you in a minute.”

That's what I caught in my second viewing as well.
She was so happy to have her family back together so to me, it makes sense why she wanted to be the one to sacrifice, in order to keep them together

While I know a lot of people disagree, I personally agree with some of the points raised in this article (and don’t get me wrong, I found Widow’s death to be very emotional, but I do feel she was cheated in some ways.
The Inevitability of Black Widow

While I know a lot of people disagree, I personally agree with some of the points raised in this article (and don’t get me wrong, I found Widow’s death to be very emotional, but I do feel she was cheated in some ways.
The Inevitability of Black Widow
I agree with the general spirit of the article in that Widow was never given her own two feet to stand on for pretty much the entire MCU run. She was a supporting character at most, and window dressing at the worst before Endgame.

Her scenes were well-done in Endgame and showed that ScarJo and the character had tons of potential, but unfortunately it all stopped there. I don't disagree that Vormir played out exactly as the character would have wanted, but losing all the untapped future potential hurt even more when they barely acknowledged her in the third act.

I've also been pondering whether the soul-for-a-soul caveat for the Soul Stone was written specifically to serve as the means to Natasha's end, or if the writers only later realized they'd pigeonholed themselves into killing off Natasha or Clint. And then as an apology to everyone they greenlit the Black Widow solo.

It's really nice seeing Hawkeye with his family and that Nat helped get them back for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"