Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

NqsEEQk.gif

Johansson’s Black Widow is reportedly set before the events of the first Avengers movie and sees the actress reprise the role of the Russian spy turned superheroine. The movie will be Marvel’s second female-focused film after Captain Marvel, which is set to open March 8, 2019.

'Black Widow' Movie Finds Director in Cate Shortland (Exclusive)

Can’t wait to see her in her solo! I kind of think it will be a bit like Salt, where we don’t know what her motivations are til the end.

I hope general Lukin appears

Yup. Hopefully we get more news on this front soon.

Yeah whenever I think of it I pretty much think of salt. Badass action hero who we don’t know the motives of til the end

Excited for this BUT I think they missed the mark by not giving her a solo movie ages ago. I feel she should have had one off the back of the first Avengers movie. However I'm glad she's finally getting one.

For me, I don't want Hawkeye or Bucky to be involved. I want Black Widow to be able to carry a movie alone (although I wouldn't be against a Nick Fury cameo)

In terms of story, I wouldn't mind seeing Natasha take on another Black Widow (ala Dottie in Agent Carter) Perhaps Yelena Belova?

Anyway, I'm excited to see where this goes.

I’m kind of glad they are making this now instead of in Phase 1. They are hitting a groove now. I think it would have been underwhelming if it was made around the first Avengers.

I’m kind of glad they are making this now instead of in Phase 1. They are hitting a groove now. I think it would have been underwhelming if it was made around the first Avengers.
I can't personally see it being overwhelming now though...

I just wish this movie is a Flashback and handles some Actions after Avengers 4..

Here are two books to read about Black Widow:

Marvel's Black Widow from Spy to Superhero: Essays on an Avenger with a Very Specific Skill Set
Amazon product

Marvel's The Black Widow: Creating the Avenging Super-Spy: The Complete Comics History
Amazon product

I really hope they have her in her comic look with the belt and fully utilize the bracelets. Especially prior to the whole SHIELD work she’s done.

Yeah, I'm excited for this movie. I hope it's like Winter Soldier in tone and style, but perhaps even darker.
That would be awesome! Black Widow is my most anticipated Marvel feature coming up.

Found this on Twitter... apparently it's old news, but eh, it's still worth sharing.

DnoUeIgU0AA-ZdA.jpg

This is what the movie may be about. It's not confirmed, though.

Sounds perfect, can’t wait to check it out.

Great way to introduce crimson dynamo etc as the KGB agents sent to silence her

Black Widow is now reported to be the May 1, 2020 release.
New Synopsis For Black Widow Film Reveals When It Takes Place

Black Widow is now reported to be the May 1, 2020 release.
New Synopsis For Black Widow Film Reveals When It Takes Place
Not real surprising after all the drama surrounding GOTG3.

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios 'BLACK WIDOW' Character Breakdowns Revealed as Casting Gets Underway - That Hashtag Show

"The film’s big bad is set to be a male. The villain is simply described as “exciting” and the studio is open to ethnicity, but looking for someone in their 40s."

"The studio is looking to fill four roles which seem like good bets to end up being potential double agents. The two most interesting roles call for “contemporaries” to the Widow and are looking for actors in their late-20s to early 30s. The first is a “kick ass” female character described as a “female Bond” while the other is for a male with an emphasis on African, Middle Eastern or East Indian actors. Additionally, the search is on for one European Caucasian female and one European Caucasian male, both in the 50-60 year old range. The studio is putting an emphasis on actors and actresses who can speak multiple languages for all of the roles mentioned above"

"While the film’s lead villain will be a male, the studio is also looking for an actress in her 50s to play a smaller, villainous role. The character was only briefly described as a “conniving female villian”"

"The film will also feature another minor role described as a “bookish American” in his late 20s."

I'm glad they're going for a villain that is "exciting" rather than "a boring bastard"! :D. But great to see serious developments on this.

I'm glad they're going for a villain that is "exciting" rather than "a boring bastard"! :D. But great to see serious developments on this.

Wow, this is interesting! Finally some news - can't wait to see who they cast!

I love she get a movie, but that , that flashback-theme bothers me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"