Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Daniel Petrocelli, who is representing Disney in the suit, is most famous for representing Fred Goldman in the OJ Simpson civil suit (but has largely represented big corporations and rich people in cases since then).

DocumentCloud

Not quite as an easy read as ScarJo's filing, but it does fill in some blanks for me on her filing. #1, Marvel isn't being sued because the judge would slap it out of court right to arbitration. **** force arbitration, and ScarJo is trying to get around it. But, I'm leaning toward Disney's argument holding a lot of weight here. Though it is cute seeing them argue about how they are part of the contract, given the arguments over the Alan Dean Foster case.

#2, if Disney has the proof of the consultation over the release during the spring, I assume just before they announced the Premium Access, that is going to be a killer to their "in good faith" argument, that ScarJo wasn't consulted. It did strike me as odd

Notice, no comment from The five original Avengers, No Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, and Renner at least publicly. I suspect they’ve talked about it privately in their text messages.

To be fair, none of them have been asked about it, like Olsen was here. I would probably suspect that Evans and Downey would be more forthcoming given that they are (at least officially) "done" with the MCU, unlike the other three (especially Hemsworth).

To be fair, none of them have been asked about it, like Olsen was here. I would probably suspect that Evans and Downey would be more forthcoming given that they are (at least officially) "done" with the MCU, unlike the other three (especially Hemsworth).
Yeah thats right. The press just haven't talked to them about it, as far as we know.

They also aren't lawyers who have not read the filings. I assure you, she isn't as sympathetic in the court cases as the PR campaign makes it look like.

What is everyone's view of the case if what Disney said is true, that they did decide to lump Premium Access into the box office receipts for her box office bonuses?

I honestly begin to suspect that ScarJo was less the one screwed than it was her agency, Periwinkle Entertainment.

#2, if Disney has the proof of the consultation over the release during the spring, I assume just before they announced the Premium Access, that is going to be a killer to their "in good faith" argument, that ScarJo wasn't consulted. It did strike me as odd

If that's true, then ScarJo has the dumbest lawyers in history. If Disney did consult her, then falsely claiming that they didn't is just insane, since both she and her lawyers must surely be aware that Disney would have a record of it. Nobody should ever make claims that require empirical evidence unless they're confident said evidence exists and supports their position.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore.

If that's true, then ScarJo has the dumbest lawyers in history. If Disney did consult her, then falsely claiming that they didn't is just insane, since both she and her lawyers must surely be aware that Disney would have a record of it. Nobody should ever make claims that require empirical evidence unless they're confident said evidence exists and supports their position.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Does Disney wanting to silence ScarJo & asking for privacy on the lawsuit sound like they have proof that can help them ? But If I am fair there are only two reasons why Disney wants this lawsuit behind closed doors

(1) They are ****ed & dont want the fact that they lost getting out

(2) They do have proof but they are lying their mother ****ing asses off about the Black Widow numbers & this will be a whole lot worse over option #1 & this will only help that whistle blowers claims about Disney inflating its revenue & open up so many other problems for Disney

So yeah better hope its Option #1

Last edited:
They also aren't lawyers who have not read the filings. I assure you, she isn't as sympathetic in the court cases as the PR campaign makes it look like.

What is everyone's view of the case if what Disney said is true, that they did decide to lump Premium Access into the box office receipts for her box office bonuses?

I honestly begin to suspect that ScarJo was less the one screwed than it was her agency, Periwinkle Entertainment.

People’s minds would implode. Everyone loves to hate on a corporation.

Does Disney wanting to silence ScarJo & asking for privacy on the lawsuit sound like they have proof that can help them ? But If I am fair there are only two reasons why Disney wants this lawsuit behind closed doors

(1) They are ****ed & dont want the fact that they lost getting out

(2) They do have proof but they are lying their mother ****ing asses off about the Black Widow numbers & this will be a whole lot worse over option #1 & this will only help that whistle blowers claims about Disney inflating its revenue & open up so many other problems for Disney

So yeah better hope its Option #1

Private arbitration is absolutely in Disney's interest, because I am pretty certain the third party is more than likely to side with Disney than a jury. Which is why arbitration clauses suck and also why Disney has this in their contracts. Private arbitration means they can ***** slap ScarJo and have it remain out of the public view.

#1 is clearly not true. "Wide release of at least 1500 theaters" is pretty clear. The bit about "Typical" is the part that can be argued about. But, considering this isn't "typical" times, Disney has a clear argument to be made here.

#2 doesn't happen in court filings with competent lawyers. Lying in court filings is a good way to face sanctions (making the attorneys themselves pay fines for misbehavior) and possible disbarment. Now, yes, you can manipulate the truth. Which, again, is why the timeline has always been fairly suspect to me as laid out in ScarJo's filing.

Yes from the beginning when this lawsuit was reported, I’ve read that in the pure legal POV, Disney is more likely to win so it wants to push the case to arbitration and Scarjo wants to avoid that. In a trial with jury, there will be more uncertainties given it’s not just about legal argument anymore there are other factors. It had more to do with the chance of winning than having something to hide. I still see an out of court settlement is the probable outcome.

"What if Red Guardian became as popular as Captain America"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"