Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Not even any special features? I picked up the 4K edition yesterday and it came with some really good special features.
All it had was a 10 second ad for DISNEY +

Unless I'm mistaken, I think nowadays the DVD versions of films are just the films. I think to get some of the special features, they want customers to get at least the Blu-Ray.
It still depends on the studio.

A couple of weeks ago I bought the new release THE HITMAN'S WIFE'S BODYGUARD (from LIONSGATE)....it came with featurettes on:
Ryan, Sam, and Salma
Ryan's character
The stunts
On the set
Gag reel
Trailers

Unless I'm mistaken, I think nowadays the DVD versions of films are just the films. I think to get some of the special features, they want customers to get at least the Blu-Ray.
That makes sense. I would say most who are still buying DVDs just care about the movie and not any of the special features like those who want to buy the blu-ray or even 4K

All it had was a 10 second ad for DISNEY +
Wow

AdorableGrizzledAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Out of court settlement is a surprise to no one. That’s all everyone wanted including her from the beginning; going to arbitration, she could lose. Much ado about nothing. Money makes the world go around.

Glad it's all done. Settlement means Disney recognized they screwed Scarlett over. Good thing Premier Access is done with.

Glad it's all done. Settlement means Disney recognized they screwed Scarlett over. Good thing Premier Access is done with.

Or ScarJo's lawyers realized the judge was going to toss it to arbitration, where they would be screwed over more.

Or ScarJo's lawyers realized the judge was going to toss it to arbitration, where they would be screwed over more.
Maybe. To be honest I don't care. What I do care about is the direction Disney is ultimately going with theatrical exclusivity.

I'm just glad it's all behind them now and they can move forward with Tower of Terror and whatver other projects they might have planned.

The timing is interesting.
In less than a week,
Black Widow will move from Premium Access to the free side of Disney Plus.
In less than two weeks,
Disney Plus will air Black Widow Assembled, a behind the scenes special about the making of the film.
You know the tone of those making of specials "We are all one big happy family, making something, GREAT"!
Finally, The Kicker.
Dsney's Investors Day, aka, Disney Plus Day A big online event in about 72 days, announcing whats next for Disney.
They wanted the lawsuit to be yesterdays news before their big day.
It's all in the timing people.

Her victory was inevitable.

Not necessarily, the damage between the studio and ScarJo's team. Is quite extensive plus the fact that a settlement was reached is more of an indication that negotiations fell through.

I think its a win for Scarlett. This could have ended really bad for her.

A settlement is better than no settlement. Time can only tell whether Disney hires her in the future. But she is still getting film projects from other studios.

A settlement is better than no settlement. Time can only tell whether Disney hires her in the future. But she is still getting film projects from other studios.
If the time comes where Scarlett decides to go to another studio. i think that she will find a positive reception.

I mean, they're still moving forward with the Tower of Terror project at Disney with Scarlett so she'll still be working with them in the near future

Well thats a double win then.

I think Michael Vogel on John Rocha's Geek Buddies show said it well:

Scar-Jo: I got paid less than I wanted but more than Disney were planning to.

Disney: We paid more than we planned to but less than she wanted.

Win-win?

Not necessarily, the damage between the studio and ScarJo's team. Is quite extensive plus the fact that a settlement was reached is more of an indication that negotiations fell through.
Deadline's now saying she got an extra $40mil out of it. Even if it's not quite as much as she asked for, I think it would be hard for her team not to see that as a win under these circumstances.

Deadline's now saying she got an extra $40mil out of it. Even if it's not quite as much as she asked for, I think it would be hard for her team not to see that as a win under these circumstances.
You can tell its a win because a fair amount of people online seem to be upset about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"