Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

I am a little surprised we haven't seen O. T. Fagbenle in any of the footage yet. He briefly discussed his character at SDCC, unless that was misdirection.

So it’s pretty much known that the twist is Rachel Weis’ character is Taskmaster so I want to revisit the topic of “there’s no social agenda at play in these Marvel films”.

Strongest avenger: woman
Smartest character in MCU: black, woman
Best fighter: woman

Just so we’re keeping track.

And? I do think it's possible Weis ends up being Taskmaster, but I wouldn't be so sure yet. Can we wait until we actually see the film before complaining?

Last edited:
23ee3452c77b93163379bcae612a1196adc2480f.gifv

f0e0a36591ea0d87ba4d0cba9726037bd18bf4e1.gifv

07bb858a9897447b670ab4f40238475e22437491.gifv

6f4affdaf712f79f621f3d4424baf9da52f06962.gifv

fdaef1ddafde93a700e95fc3fb1d639427e56049.gifv

0ef04511d8b78daa068ff48c822190e8a46a0eea.gifv

It ain't Captain America under the mask. Any similarity is purely just a coincidence.

I know Weisz is the popular guess but I actually think Taskmaster is O.T. Fagbenles character.
The more we see from the trailers and him having not appeared in any of them sure points to Fagbenle being Taskmaster but it sure wouldn't shock me if there's some type of switcheroo that ends up making Weisz being Taskmaster.

The action in this movie looks great, can't wait.

Even if this ends up being true, I can't believe some people are keeping count. *smh*

It ain't Captain America under the mask. Any similarity is purely just a coincidence.

Taskmaster is known for mimicking the abilities and actions of any combatants he sees via in person or video. So I’m sure he studied plenty of screen footage of Captain America in action as well as the other Avengers

Last edited:
Was it just me, or wasn't there a shot of
Weisz fighting Tasky
in the latest trailer?
I don't think those rumors are true, Marvel likes subverting expectations, for better or worse, and that twist seems way too...idk... basic and expected

Was it just me, or wasn't there a shot of
Weisz fighting Tasky
in the latest trailer?
I don't think those rumors are true, Marvel likes subverting expectations, for better or worse, and that twist seems way too...idk... basic and expected
I watched the trailer and the identity of the person she is fighting with is unclear.

So it’s pretty much known that the twist is Rachel Weis’ character is Taskmaster so I want to revisit the topic of “there’s no social agenda at play in these Marvel films”.

It is absolutely not "known". It's just another fan theory gone wild with ZERO evidence to back it up. In fact, we can literally see Rachel Weisz fighting Taskmaster in the special look trailer.

I brightened the image of Taskmaster and now I’m 100% behind this mask. The mouth looks very skeletal and the glasses actually kinda resemble large black eyes, if you were to look at it from further away.
They modernized it but I’m so relieved they kept the essence of the skeleton mask.

BA1422A7-E9A5-4FC7-ACE5-B32FA1F8A574.jpeg

Anyone else noticed that little circle above the lenses? It’s caught my eye since they revealed Taskmaster. Me thinks it’ll tie into his powers and acts as like a camera to playback so he can mimic. Or not :oldrazz:

Anyone else noticed that little circle above the lenses? It’s caught my eye since they revealed Taskmaster. Me thinks it’ll tie into his powers and acts as like a camera to playback so he can mimic. Or not :oldrazz:
Wow, just noticed that. It definitely makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"