Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

EOf5ewZX4AAzata

EOf5e-3XUAMoMRU
Are those supposed to be claws ala Black Panther?

Just letting you guys know , I clicked on the wrong link and got pretty spoiled on this film.
So be careful.
on the positive side, if this info is correct, it sounds like a film that provides closure for Natasha and starts setting up the future of the MCU.

I mean, that's what we were all kinda hoping for and it should be pretty obvious by now, right?

So it’s pretty much known that the twist is Rachel Weis’ character is Taskmaster so I want to revisit the topic of “there’s no social agenda at play in these Marvel films”.

Strongest avenger: woman
Smartest character in MCU: black, woman
Best fighter: woman

Just so we’re keeping track.
Never minding the popular fan theory that has so far not been in any real way confirmed...
giphy.gif

I mean I know it's his thing to study and copy and there's only so many shield users anyway to model off of, but I also feel like there's only so many ways one can actually use a circular shield in the first place, so. Also, I'd be a bit amused if Taskmaster is actually shown to be one of the guys from this scene.

I brightened the image of Taskmaster and now I’m 100% behind this mask. The mouth looks very skeletal and the glasses actually kinda resemble large black eyes, if you were to look at it from further away.
They modernized it but I’m so relieved they kept the essence of the skeleton mask.

View attachment 31059
People were freaking out so much about the mask and I'm just sitting here thinking it's very evocative of a skull... I guess people just expect the most 1:1 obvious things all the time.

Are those supposed to be claws ala Black Panther?
You can't see the fingers in the other models to compare so it's hard to say, but maybe? That certainly raises some interesting questions.

You can't see the fingers in the other models to compare so it's hard to say, but maybe? That certainly raises some interesting questions.

Black Panther is offical known for the public after his speech at the UN in his movie Right? So that movie takes place after Black Panther?

Black Panther is offical known for the public after his speech at the UN in his movie Right? So that movie takes place after Black Panther?
The movie takes place after Civil War, where Black Panther debuted.

It's not clear exactly how much time passes between the main events of Black Panther (which mostly takes place barely a week after the events of Civil War) and the mid-credits UN scene, but I remember reading somewhere that it's supposed to have been a couple of months. Regardless, T'Challa's announcement wasn't about him coming forward as the Black Panther; aside from the brief moment when he unmasked in Civil War after pursuing Bucky through Germany, there wouldn't have been anything else linking the two entities in the public eye, and I'm assuming that there would've been very little government surveillance footage of him actually fighting, fewer still having seen the suit up-close. So if those are in fact Panther-esque claws, it either means that Taskmaster quickly read up on this new guy's abilities as seen in whatever video footage was captured of him during Civil War or the two actually had an encounter at some point in the past.

It's not clear exactly how much time passes between the main events of Black Panther (which mostly takes place barely a week after the events of Civil War) and the mid-credits UN scene, but I remember reading somewhere that it's supposed to have been a couple of months. Regardless, T'Challa's announcement wasn't about him coming forward as the Black Panther; aside from the brief moment when he unmasked in Civil War after pursuing Bucky through Germany, there wouldn't have been anything else linking the two entities in the public eye, and I'm assuming that there would've been very little government surveillance footage of him actually fighting, fewer still having seen the suit up-close. So if those are in fact Panther-esque claws, it either means that Taskmaster quickly read up on this new guy's abilities as seen in whatever video footage was captured of him during Civil War or the two actually had an encounter at some point in the past.
We don't know how old Taskmaster is and we know T'Challa isn't the first Black Panther. He could have taken the skills of a prior BP.

We don't know how old Taskmaster is and we know T'Challa isn't the first Black Panther. He could have taken the skills of a prior BP.
True.

So I'm starting to get some videos recommended to me about a brand new series of leaks for this movie claiming someone saw an early/current cut of the film and reveals Taskmaster's identity, some scenes from early in the movie, and one of the post-credits scenes. Haven't watched them, but true o not, just warning everyone that stuff is supposedly already out there now. (And also requesting maybe anyone who decides to read and post it use spoiler tags.)

So is it true that Black Widow was not originally part of the MCU film slate and it was added because of fan demand or is that just part of the hype to sell the movie?

It’s been in the works for a while from what I recall. But I could be wrong

Feige wanted to do a Black Widow film back in Phase 2 but was stopped by Perlmutter and the creative committee. By the time he had full control in Phase 3, they had already announced their slate of films and didn't have room for her standalone film.

So, what's the best Back Widow storyline?
Does anybody have any trade paperbacks to recommend?

I really enjoyed Marjorie Liu’s “the name of the rose”. Why not start there?

Feige wanted to do a Black Widow film back in Phase 2 but was stopped by Perlmutter and the creative committee. By the time he had full control in Phase 3, they had already announced their slate of films and didn't have room for her standalone film.
Would have made sense in phase 2, I still want the damn Budapest story. Then again maybe it is best that story is left to the imagination.

So many Chinese New Year blockbusters have been cancelled in China due to the corona virus (no one wanted to go to crowded places like cinemas and they were shut over the weekend too by the government). Depending on how the situation develops, this movie may either have to face those delayed local blockbusters when it’s released in May if the virus winds down (lets hope so); or even worse, if the virus problem persists, it may get really hurt in China.

So many Chinese New Year blockbusters have been cancelled in China due to the corona virus (no one wanted to go to crowded places like cinemas and they were shut over the weekend too by the government). Depending on how the situation develops, this movie may either have to face those delayed local blockbusters when it’s released in May if the virus winds down (lets hope so); or even worse, if the virus problem persists, it may get really hurt in China.

In China it could be the Corona Virus keeping audiences away. In Hong Kong it could be the protests (if they're still going on then, which seems quite likely) since audiences might prefer to do that than watch a film. Maybe they'll have to delay the movie for this market.

We just got back from Hong Kong a few months ago. We saw some graffiti and one protest on the last day but nothing major. Just spots here and there. Didn’t even get rerouted with traffic.

not having a go at anyone, just wanted to talk about my holiday

Heads up guys.

Those fine folks at Late To The Party tweeted out a tentative list of Super Bowl spots and Black Widow has a first quarter slot.
The coveted fourth quarter MCU slot goes to Falcon and the Winter Soldier this year.

That makes sense, I remember when the big tv spot for Captain America: The Winter Soldier debut it was prefect and then we got the full trailer.

Hey, if you can't give. a Super Bowl Spot to Cap, you might as well give it to his two best buds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"