BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Platforms-TBD)

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by X Knight, Jul 16, 2017.

1. X Knight

X Knight Hope

well this came out of left field.

a mega crossover tag battle fighting game featuring characters from BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st], AND RWBY!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/1...rsona-4-arena-uniel-rwby/#EPOUmXLQ2z3FoT4Y.99

[YT]a2Qw-ztFrK4[/YT]

Release date looks to be 2018.

Platforms will be announced later. but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's pretty much guaranteed to be on the PS4. heck, given the pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being PS4 exclusive. Even though Persona 4 Arena released on the 360 and Blazblue games have appeared on the 360 and X1, some Blazblue games have skipped Xbox entirely, including the latest one Central Fiction.

It's possible it could come to the Switch as well, since the BlazBlue logo was used in the 3rd party showcase when they unveiled the Switch . and I heard they were working on a BlazBlue title for the Switch, so maybe this is it? Would be very shocked if it ends up being Switch exclusive.

I really hope they throw in some Persona 5 characters into the mix, since that's the only Persona game I'm familiar with. Joker and Queen, please!!

but this is definitely on my radar now!

hopefully it has a large roster with good representation from the respective franchises.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  2. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Watching Evo and saw this. Works for me. :woot:

I wouldn't expect Persona 5 characters, or more then a couple to start. They are reusing sprites here. There is no Persona 5 fighting game, at least not yet. Persona 3 and 4 characters from Persona 4 Arena should be expected.

3. X Knight

X Knight Hope

I could see them saving P5 characters for DLC.

would be a good way for them to test the waters with P5 character models in preparation for a full fledged P5 fighting game.

but hey, as long as I get Joker and Queen, I'll be satisfied if that's all the P5 representation we get. Makoto especially is just made for a fighting game. I mean.....FISTS OF JUSTICE!!

4. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

My brother made a good point. They will probably make a couple specifically for this game to start. And then we will probably start seeing more in each "update". Whether it is DLC or the newest arcade release which eventually hits home consoles.

5. X Knight

X Knight Hope

yep. I can see that.

6. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

As long as I can get all of team RWBY, I am interested in this...

7. X Knight

X Knight Hope

I'm really excited for the RWBY inclusion, too, and I'm especially looking forward to Weiss and Ruby gameplay.

I've been wanting a RWBY fighting game since I saw those trailers a few weeks back and starting watching the show. Speaking of which, I need to get back into the show. I think I finished Season 1 and started Season 2 but then I lost track.

8. Sithborg

Volume 3 and 4 were pretty big leaps in animation.

9. X Knight

X Knight Hope

^ good to know, thanks.

I peeked ahead on the wiki reading some of the character bios, and it looks like some serious **** goes down towards the end of Volume 3.

Yang loses an arm and Pyrrha dies??!!

:(

10. X Knight

X Knight Hope

anyways, I really hope this game also comes to the X1. With this coming out in 2018, the X will be the most powerful console on the market, and there's no reason why that should be ignored ( as well as all the X1 S owners ).

I read an article today where the BlazBlue creator was saying he wants this game to have more exposure/push in the West. Hopefully that's a sign this new game will get an Xbox release, too.

11. Sithborg

Yeah, it got dark. But it was the best season so far.

I think RWBY will be a nice way to promote in the West, as I am sure Roosterteeth will be doing a lot of advertising. Guess I need to get a controller for my computer.

12. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

if I remember right I pretty sure thanks to RWBY Rooter teeth's become a serious publisher in that they bought their publisher house to be simlar to marvel to degree to make comic's other written material and they are over seeing their own games . it was up in the gaming lounge

this series has really pushed rooter teeth to new height's and they are already known to a degree out side of the west already, which is why they are in this game.

13. Sithborg

Japan does love themselves some animated girl shows....

14. zenith16

here's the arctle about the publisher division for games

[​IMG]
    Red vs. Blue creators Rooster Teeth launch game publishing division

The company first tested the water with RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, a first-party game developed in-house. Rooster Teeth say their debut managed to break into the ...Read more

lol yeah it was a number of thing's working there I was just on gematu talking to a person there about it.

oh when I put it up in the gaming lounge I remember saying this is something marvel should have fully gone and done them selves. withthe games said . now others know this is possible. they are only half way there. but they should go all out if Rooster teeth's done it, then marvel's in good position to do the same. it's no different from what they did with making their own movie studio's.

what i said was

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  15. Sithborg

Their first outing wasn't super great, though. Frankly, it is probably a better idea to let video game companies to license out properties, rather than trying to build a video game company yourself.

16. zenith16

it's hard for me to agree after event of thing's like what went down with Activison among many other's that screwed marvel over with the dead pool game and after wards. next to the movies studio's .

I think this is the right move for rooster teeth they can hire anyone that truly love's their property, studio wise that's growing them selves those studio's be come known for it and do their own thing. but the their proty stay with them in house and there isn't some dick they sign an agreement over to locking them or taking way the character cause they sign the character away. in this way the people that created the thing keep what belongs to them. in stead of someone that was just appointed studio after the former boss of studio retire's , In the games industry screwing them over.

also they can screen for evil fool's like that. cause those studio work for them and they will always have a studio working for them not trying to pull some thing shady . or it'll be harder for that to happen .

it's pretty much why they (marvel) made their own movie studio and they were tired of being pushed around and they do know their own character's in the end and what works best and know how craft a story with them. it should be the same case for game's as it is for movies and tv.

This is a simple case of hiring the right people and not going to other's where they can manipulate or someone that taken over that other publisher in the industry you've licensed your Ip to to manipulate you once they are in power. cause he/ she's 's shady and didn't care for what the former boss did or agreed to . or it at least limits it. and they can screen for shady fool's like that.

should be the case with games as well. it's a simple thing of hiring the right people that are decent and actually care . yeah it's hard to do, but more worth it and as we're seeing with their movie studio's .

I know alot of people don't see it, but it's the smarter move. there's also that thing about the "fine print" and not to just sign it .which seem to b a lost concept with marvel these days.

it's more of case of have studio's of their own studio's under for them. licensing out is fine, but it's also costly too. one isn't always better then the other. cheaper ?... well that's not the case any more ether thanks to that which both the movies and game industry have shown us. it's best to be in control in a certain position. Don't sing cause you see dollar signs. know what your getting and is it doesn't sound right. .. other wise keep your ip's. . you know it best.

but I'm steering this off topic this is aboutthe up coming blaz blue cross over game.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  17. X Knight

X Knight Hope

then I need to get caught up with the show. I'll start by rewatching from the beginning.

anyways, what got me interested in RWBY was watching those character trailers several years ago, especially the Weiss one.

Well now I came across a brand new Weiss "short" to promote the upcoming Volume 5.

[YT]bZAS_rzgCE0[/YT]

I can tell the difference in animation quality compared to the 1st trailers and the early eps. if that's an indication of how the animation improved throughout the seasons, then I'm really looking forward to watching them.

And I can already spot several moves/specials/supers that could be part of Weiss' moveset in the game. I'm really looking forward to seeing her gameplay - I have a feeling she will be one of my mains. I just love her overall character design and her graceful fighting style, combining speed, swordplay, and "magic."

Also, I was very sad to learn that the creator of RWBY, Monty Oum, passed away a few years ago. :csad:

I'm sure he would have been very proud to see his creations make their way into a fighting game and to hear and see the crowd/Youtube reactions when Ruby appears on screen.

18. zenith16

it's been a very weird thing alot of the most creative people that do anything in anime or beside's that always seem to have passed away or have this really great illness all at the point of when they are doing these show's and at the point or height of these series getting more popular they pass away and some of thse shows cease production. That won't happen here but it's a shame when this happens. that he didn't get to see his work get to this point among others.

19. X Knight

X Knight Hope

yeah........that's so sad and tragic. :(

but I guess the legacy of these artists' lives on with their works and creations and all the fans who continue to support and love the characters.

I'm glad they didn't end RWBY and chose to continue on with it and expand its reach, popularity, and fanbase.

I'm sure this upcoming fighting game will draw in a whole new set of fans who may not have heard of RWBY before.

20. zenith16

I'm sure it will he had great people working with to keep it going.

21. X Knight

X Knight Hope

^ yes, that looks to be the case.

22. zenith16

[​IMG]

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Producer Talks RWBY, Possibility Of Adding Guilty Gear And Other Series. August 11, 2017 . 5:00am

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle producer talks about making the game on console over arcade, going with a global approach, adding RWBY to the mix, and the possibility of adding Guilty Gear and other series.

16 comments Read >

[/FONT]source: [FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

23. X Knight

X Knight Hope

thanks for the info, zenith.

with the focus on consoles over arcade, and the focus being on a "global audience," I hope that means the game will also come to the Xbox. If you want to reach as wide as possible globally, there's no reason to ignore the Xbox in the West. especially since Xbox will have the most powerful console by the time this releases next year.

24. zenith16

[​IMG]

Industry
    [FONT=&quot]BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle to reveal new playable Persona character on September 15[/FONT]
    Published 2 hours ago. 20 comments.

source: Gematsu

25. X Knight

X Knight Hope

ooh!! Persona 5 Protag or Makoto from P5 would be a pleasant surprise.

or Aigis from Persona 3.

hope we get platform(s) confirmation soon, too.