"BLINK and you might miss her!" - The Fan Bingbing Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Specter313, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Guess we can finally put to rest the speculation from naysayers that she's not Blink after all.

2. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

I can understand the doubts over it.

Blink seems such an unexpected character for this film.

On the other hand, the naming of her as Blink by the trade reporters meant it was very likely because where would those writers have come up with that character name unless from the actress's reps?! There's no way Variety or Deadline or whoever would chance upon Blink as a possible character for Bingbing to play.

3. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I hope she's pink in the movie!

4. usagicassidy

usagicassidy Well-Known Member

I for one am THRILLED that my favorite X-character is going to be in this movie. When I saw Blink, James Proudstar, and Bishop as names I screamed. And that's coming from someone who doesn't even like Warpath or Bishop. Let the naysayers be naysayers, this movie is going to ROCK!

5. lastairbender

lastairbender Well-Known Member

So, what do we want in this blink versions. She has to have:

- a pink skin (just a bit, not too artificial)
    - darker pink hair
    - the same green pupil less eyes
    - light green uniform (probably with trousers and that bit of dress above it)

Powers:
    -creating those teleportation daggers

It will be tricky to maintain those characteristics that we find in blink without being comical or corny, but i woundt want them to change a lot.

What do you think?

6. By your Command

By your Command Danger Room Technician

I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but while the daggers may be featured, I can guarantee that Blink will be doing some bamfing in the movie, no other form of teleportation, just pink bamfing (and by guarantee I mean I have no idea of actually knowing beforehand).

7. Specter313

She doesn't create teleportation daggers. They're separate javelins that she can focus her teleportation powers through.

8. lastairbender

lastairbender Well-Known Member

Ok, dont know her very well. I dont want to see another bamfing mutant again (at least not in the same way again). i want to see her throwing a dagger to make someone teleport or disappear or something

9. Specter313

She doesn't "bamf", she "blinks", hence the name. And it's not the same thing as Nightcrawler at all. Hers are a spatial shearing type that forms portals of various sizes and such, and can be focused into the javelins as stated before.

10. By your Command

I'm familiar with Blink, what I'm saying is that no matter what her power is, she's a teleporter, and like everyone who has had that power in any X Men movie since "X2", I'm completely sure she'll BAMF, it'll be a pink BAMF, but a BAMF nonetheless.

11. X-Maniac

Do they really need a teleporter in every movie? Surely they will try to make it different and not just be a puff of pink smoke.

12. Specter313

Blink is not the same as Nightcrawler. Azazel only bamfed because of his connection to Nightcrawler, not because that's all they can do with teleporters. If that's all they wanted, they would have brought one of those two back.

13. By your Command

This is what I hope, and the point I'm trying to make, I hope for something different but there always seems to be a teleporter and a BAMF, it doesn't matter that Nightcrawler hasn't been on the movies since X2 his BAMF's have lived on.

14. By your Command

Tell that to will.i.am and unaidentified BAMFING mutant from "X-Men: The Last Stand".:cwink:

15. Specter313

Kestrel didn't bamf, I know that for a fact. And if you want to hinge your argument on some random no name who probably only had that effect done to skimp the budget so they didn't have spend money to create something new, then that just speaks for itself.

16. By your Command

Didn't he though?

[YT]v64pll9BtjA[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v64pll9BtjA

I just want something clearly different, not something technically different for Blink, and something tells me it's PINK BAMFING time for her sadly, but like I said I have absolutely no way of knowing this, it's just stats.

17. X-Maniac

I hope they will try to do something different with the effect. They have managed it before. Nightcrawler had blue smoke, Will.i.am's John Wraith had his skeleton visible at first (like a wraith = ghost/ghoul), Azazel had bits of flame. It would be good to see Blink open portals that then blinked shut as she ran through them.

18. Specter313

That is a terrible example and only proves my point. Nightcrawler bamfed in with a puff of smoke and an airy sound effect. Kestrel just kind of pops in with an effect that shows his insides somehow and an almost fluttery sound effect. Nothing was the same except for the fact that they both teleported, so there is absolutely no reason to think that they won't do something different for Blink as well.

19. By your Command

Come on Specter you can't say they are clearly and quickly differentiated, if they change the color of the puff of smoke and somewhat change the sound effect I will call it a BAMF, I just hope they do something else, I really really do.

20. Specter313

There is NO SMOKE in Kestrel's teleportation. And Nightcrawler's skeleton doesn't make any appearance in X2. So YES I can clearly say they are different, completely and fully. It's ridiculous to try and say otherwise and to think they won't do something different for Blink, who has a completely different take in the comics.

21. psylockolussus

Blink will probably use her hands to make a teleportation ring so it would look different to the teleportation of Nightcrawler, Azazel and John Wraith.

22. Specter313

Doubtful, since her portals vary in size. She once ported the New Mutant's crashing jet right before it hit the ground, and using her hands would take too much time and such.

One other good thing that would be new with Blink is that she can also use her powers offensively in ways besides the javelins. Here's an example:

[​IMG]

23. psylockolussus

I hope they go with the look of 616 Blink.

Exiles Blink just look too LOTR to me.

24. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I haven't been following the comics lately but by 616 Blink did you mean AOA Blink?

Coz when Blink first appeared in the the 616 story in Uncanny X-men that intro'ed Generation X, she looked totally different, with short hair.

25. psylockolussus

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is 616 Blink.

[​IMG]