Blizzard's Overwatch shared(more games beside TF2 style) game univers

I really wish this game had coach co-up. :(

I agree with that it is basic, but I think that's one of the reasons I'm enjoying the beta as much as I am. But yeah, not sure if I'll plop down for it at full price.

Is Battleborn a shooter? I was thinking it was like a strategy game or something. I like the artstyle much more in Overwatch, but does Battleborn have an actual campaign? That's pretty cool, pretty sure that OW won't if I recall right.

Battleborn is basically Firefight from Halo with a campaign. I dont find it to be Moba-ish at all. Firefight with a campaign is really the best way to describe it. So yeah, it's a shooter.

I don't get some of the complaints about it feeling too much like borderlands without being Borderlands. I think that's what I like abiut it.. It feels like it could fit easily in a borderlands expanded universe.

I played OW and it's just straight up standard MP.. I mean there's nothing there for me. If I want to play it I have to deal with the fact that there's zero campaign and it's strictly online competitive only. I'm tired of that. In Battleborn I can achieve the highest level just by playing the campaign modes and trying for higher scores on higher difficulties. You can do it yourself but I've joined groups of randoms and that's been a blast.

I dunno.. To each his own.. But if someone isn't a huge fan of online only competitive play.. Going with OW is a bad move. In regards to the art style.. BB seems like an early 90's cartoon, which I love and OW just seems like something from Pixar. Nothing bad.. But Im gonna go with nostalgia.

so Battleborn does have a single player story campaign, huh?

I may have to give it another look then.

shame Overwatch doesn't have that.

X Knight, it's the same story mode. But you can play it single player or five-player co-op.

Just not sure about Overwatch. $65 is a lot just for online multiplayer experience. Seems like this should maybe be a free-to-play type of game.

I enjoyed what I got to play on the Beta. IMHO, I just feel like if you are paying for full price for a new game, it should have more to it.

Last edited:
so Battleborn does have a single player story campaign, huh?

I may have to give it another look then.

shame Overwatch doesn't have that.

X Knight, it's the same story mode. But you can play it single player or five-player co-op.

Just not sure about Overwatch. $65 is a lot just for online multiplayer experience. Seems like this should maybe be a free-to-play type of game.

here's the Deal and I mentioned this when sopy said they looked the same to him inthe battle born thread.

as vile said battle born has the single player story mode that can be done co-op style. withthe added versus Mp .

Over watch how ever , is more of a constant versus mode in the form of TF2 team fortress gameplay . and that's the simplest terms to explain it.

I said it back then and it didn't stick with people even though they put out articles through out that web each month that was the case. but people got hung up on the fact that they both each had wacky characters and had shooter elements.

thanks guys.

so, I can just go to the PS store and download the beta for free starting tomorrow?

Yeah, just go to PSN Store and it's there. I didn't even have to search for it, it was available on the main menu. Free and open to download now.

Decided to try and really loving it so far. Symmetra is my favorite at the moment. I love these trickster characters.

The more I play the beta, the more I enjoy it. I may end up picking this up after all. It seems like the perfect thing to play for half an hour or so a day between other things.

here's the Deal and I mentioned this when sopy said they looked the same to him inthe battle born thread.

as vile said battle born has the single player story mode that can be done co-op style. withthe added versus Mp .

Over watch how ever , is more of a constant versus mode in the form of TF2 team fortress gameplay . and that's the simplest terms to explain it.

I said it back then and it didn't stick with people even though they put out articles through out that web each month that was the case. but people got hung up on the fact that they both each had wacky characters and had shooter elements.

I think it was more the fact that no one was really paying a lot of attention to Battleborn. There was like...no hype for that game whatsoever. Blizzard really went for the throat on that too by launching the OW beta the same week Battleborn came out. I mean, yeah, it's only the beta, but they knew people have been waiting a long time to play this and it would suck a lot of attention away from Battleborn's launch.

Decided to try and really loving it so far. Symmetra is my favorite at the moment. I love these trickster characters.

Yep, very underrated character. Especially for defense based objectives.

Battleborn is basically Firefight from Halo with a campaign. I dont find it to be Moba-ish at all. Firefight with a campaign is really the best way to describe it. So yeah, it's a shooter.

I don't get some of the complaints about it feeling too much like borderlands without being Borderlands. I think that's what I like abiut it.. It feels like it could fit easily in a borderlands expanded universe.

I played OW and it's just straight up standard MP.. I mean there's nothing there for me. If I want to play it I have to deal with the fact that there's zero campaign and it's strictly online competitive only. I'm tired of that. In Battleborn I can achieve the highest level just by playing the campaign modes and trying for higher scores on higher difficulties. You can do it yourself but I've joined groups of randoms and that's been a blast.

I dunno.. To each his own.. But if someone isn't a huge fan of online only competitive play.. Going with OW is a bad move. In regards to the art style.. BB seems like an early 90's cartoon, which I love and OW just seems like something from Pixar. Nothing bad.. But Im gonna go with nostalgia.

Unfortunately, it's not at a Redbox near me, so I can't try it out.

Last edited:
thanks guys!

I downloaded the OW beta from the PSN store, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

and I'll have to give Battleborn another look now that I know there's actually a single player campaign.

Really enjoying this.

Random observation: The "next match starting in" music really reminds me a lot of Perfect Dark for some reason.

I will say, I like the environments. They are filled out very well, but I like that each environment you are like trotting around the globe in real(?)-ish cities. Almost reminds me of Street Fighter 2.

I played the beta and it was so much better than Battleborn. Love the character design and gameplay more. I also preferred the visuals here. Battleborn didnt resonate with me. This did

I love Dorado intro music. And the map is gorgeous.

Rememberwhat happened with games of late the past few years when it comes to beta's like with both the first deus ex Revalations and kingdom of amular (Especially with SoCool the poster/ member here ) where people said the beta wasn't great for them ,wrote them off and those game out and the full games & were awesome .

Don't think that hasn't gone a way. it's possble the beta is fully of everything there is to offere. oO it's just could be the case as it is what you said this game (battle born ) isn't for you that's fine. but don't be surprised if the full game's better then the beta
ether .

Here's the latest

Overwatch’s open beta is near-identical to the launch version of the game, new comic released

20 hours agoComments 2

The Overwatch open beta is ongoing, we hope you’re enjoying it. If you’re not and were hoping for significant change before launch, here’s...

Read more

Also with

Overwatch : A Guide to Offense

Posted May 06, 2016

Overwatch is set to launch in just a couple of weeks,
so we thought it might be a good idea to get you all prepared for the game’s chaotic battles by putting together a rundown of all the game’s heroes, broken down by archetype. In our first of four guides, we’ll be looking at the game’s offense characters.
Read more of Michael Bitton's Overwatch: A Guide to Offense.

[YT]lYOjIDhJIG0[/YT]

Permalink | 5 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#6OU7dszSugQLUzDj.99

source: PCGamesN&MMORPG.com

Last edited:
After playing it for 2 days, I started to notice it's not a noob-friendly game. I played TF2 a lot, and I started to enjoy the game even when I knew very little about it. I was able to win more, I was able to hit targets, at least. Overwatch is way more unforgiving to uncoordinated team-play, lack of reaction and lack of map knowledge.

If you play against other noobs, it's more or less OK, but those, who put a hundred of hours into it and is an expert FPS player, you can't do anything. I don't consider myself a complete noob, I'm an OK'ish Q3 player, I'm OK at TF3. But Overwatch is hard for me. Aiming is pain in this game and I kinda haven't got a feel of it yet. Even though I love it. I can play more or less well Symmetra, Winston, Reinhardt - those, who don't require precise aiming... But I tried Widowmaker, Soldier - holy crap... I can't hit anyone.

Well, I mean, at this point the vast majority of people are going to be noobs anyway. I mean, yeah, there are people who are playing the beta nonstop, but most people are going to be at the same level skill for awhile.

The one thing I want to see them fix is the number of same characters per match. If you're facing a team that has multiple Winstons, or the turret building guy, or Bastion you're gonna have a near impossible time capturing your objective.

The quick and easy way out of that is to play Mystery Hero mode, so it's all randomized. But Bastion is honestly pretty easy to deal with. Pick Roadhog (or whatever the fat guy with the pig mask is called), grab him with the chain, and it's a near-instant KO. Farra is pretty good to deal with him if you can find a good vantage point. Tracer could theoretically do okay, if you can brink behind him real quick, though I've not tested that.

Roadhog is good. Genji is another solid counter for Bastion.

I just think for balance sake it should be one per team. One Bastion or Torbjorn can be countered if played right. I fought a team of six Torbjorn's defending an objective with six turrets facing every direction. No counter for that.

Reaper or Hanzo's Ult would probably make short work of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"