BLM Protests Across The World

I was about to post this. Sweet lord. It just never ends. I honestly don't understand why this ''move'' isn't banned from use from now on, it seems all them dirty cops would be better off not using it, make it mandatory.
I suspect the move would be less of a problem if officers had any concern for the health of the detained person. A trained and mindful officer would think "I need to ease up and let this person get some air." or "Ive been restricting blood flow for too long so I need to stop the choke hold." or "The person is resisting, but I have control and can ease up." But too many of our cops don't think that. They get the adrenaline hit, and all they can think about is making the person submit entirely. They think that they can't give an inch. That any resistance at all is a life threatening danger to themselves and their fellow officers. So every sign of resistance is met with more and more pressure from the officer. Until the person dies.

I think we need to pair patrol officers with medic officers. The medic would be there entirely to monitor the health and wellbeing of anyone that is detained or harmed. Either that or all officers should be fully trained medics. Seriously maybe its just me, but I think its a bit stupid that cops have to wait until after someone is injured to call for medical assistance and then have to wait minutes for medical assistance to arrive. Medics should be with cops already.

Last edited:
I think some of these cops believe they are MMA fighters and they are getting suspects to submit by choking them out or something.

Most sane people would probably avoid anything involving the neck unless it is a life or death situation due to the potential risk of injury or death from putting any intense stress on that part of the human body.

Had to Google that one it made absolutely no sense to me.

I think some of these cops believe they are MMA fighters and they are getting suspects to submit by choking them out or something.

Most sane people would probably avoid anything involving the neck unless it is a life or death situation due to the potential risk of injury or death from putting any intense stress on that part of the human body.

A friend of mine was trained to do chokeholds in boot camp and they were taught that the hold is supposed to restrict the blood flow to the brain by putting pressure on the main blood veseels in the neck. The blood flow to the brain doesn't need to be restricted for long. The hold isn't meant to stop airflow or put pressure on the trachea. The trachea doesn't even need to be touched. The pressure is applied to the sides of the neck and because of the main blood vessels being near the surface of the skin you dont need to apply a ton of pressure to the neck to restrict the vessels. As soon as the person is unconscious they are supposed to ease the pressure so that adequat blood can continue to the brain. The person will begin to regain consciousness, but the hold isn't meant to knock someone out for long. Only long enough to get the cuffs on and search for weapons on the person. If done right the risk to the person's neck and trachea is minimal.

Last edited:
It sounds super risky. I could see someone messing up and giving someone brain damage or a spinal injury because people's natural instinct is to try to fight out of being choked which means it's never going to be a non-violent pacifying move.

You also don't know if people have underlying health issues like Eric Garner. Garner had heart disease, asthma and was obese. A rear naked chokehold combined with leaving him in a prone positioning and no first aid for seven minutes killed him.

I find it super odd how little many American police carry out first aid. It seems like at least some of these people killed by police would of had a better chance of surviving if some basic first aid was given.

Cops Could Use First Aid to Save Lives. Many Never Try.

Last edited:
They're cops, not EMTs. They have a very narrow view on what their job is.

Saving lives is often not on that list.

Protestors maybe, but just walking down the street doing nothing wrong seems to be scary in the US if you see some cops.

Not sure I would trust UK cops either...

UK cops also have a long and ugly history of racism. The BBC has been running a show about corrupt and racist cops the past few weeks called
Bent Coppers: Crossing the Line of Duty

Episodes are on youtube https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000v4h6
It does seem easier to get rid of of racist/corrupts cops in the UK as police unions aren't as powerful and we don't have qualified immunity. There is also no getting another job in a different police force. Once your fired from a police force in the UK you're not getting another job with a different force.

They're cops, not EMTs. They have a very narrow view on what their job is.

Saving lives is often not on that list.
Isn't their first aid training mainly CPR? I've heard Departments discourage using it in risk of getting sued.

There is no redeeming factor in the LAPD or LA Sheriffs Office.

Chauvin filed motion for new trial.

That is a crime. The police are harassing these people. They should be arrested and removed from the police force if the police want to be seen as upholding instead of abusing the law.

And Chauvin would do that. He was found guilty of his crime but he is a police officer and believes he is above the law.

It depends where you live. I used to live down near the 77th division in LA and it's like a concrete fortress in the ghetto. The cops there are notorious. Ditto for the Lennox Sheriffs in Inglewood.

I'm thinking it should be "to protect and serve themselves". I remember the incident were someone hijacked a fed ex truck, and cops were using occupied vehicles in the street for cover.

Facing murder charges? No big whoop, still show up Mon...

I'm thinking it should be "to protect and serve themselves". I remember the incident were someone hijacked a fed ex truck, and cops were using occupied vehicles in the street for cover.

****. How do they get worse and worse? How?

Facing murder charges? No big whoop, still show up Mon...

Of course. They don't think he did anything wrong.

Good. Throw the book at them (Literally). When you are complicit in a murder, there should be consequences. Personally, I think the other three should be charged as accessories. If that's not legally correct, then the law needs to be modified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"