Playstation Bloodborne

The hands are over used. There were other things besides wands in the Souls series that you could use to cast things.

The hands are over used. There were other things besides wands in the Souls series that you could use to cast things.

really? I guess I never did get far enough into the games.

and that's the other thing. for some reason, the Souls games just never clicked with me. just couldn't really get into them.

that's why, even though Bloodborne certainly looks great, I'm still not too sure about picking it up - given my past track record with the Souls games.

at this point, Demon's Souls may be too similar to Dark Souls.

and maybe that's why they went with Bloodborne instead. to keep that as a separate, Sony exclusive franchise. and leave Dark Souls as the multiplat franchise.

well dark souls is a legit successor to demon souls so it's okay if they're similar.

and what does from software care about making a playstation exclusive? i'm surprised demon souls was. how do we know bloodborne won't eventually come out for xbone?

well dark souls is a legit successor to demon souls so it's okay if they're similar.

and what does from software care about making a playstation exclusive? i'm surprised demon souls was. how do we know bloodborne won't eventually come out for xbone?

I have a feeling Bloodborne will stay PS exclusive. and if Sony is smart, they'll make sure it stays that way.

I'd say in terms of exclusives, the X1 looks more attractive right now.

that's why the PS4 needs exclusive franchises like Bloodborne.

( oh and did you see my post in the X1 thread? ;) )

I have a feeling Bloodborne will stay PS exclusive. and if Sony is smart, they'll make sure it stays that way.

I'd say in terms of exclusives, the X1 looks more attractive right now.

that's why the PS4 needs exclusive franchises like Bloodborne.

( oh and did you see my post in the X1 thread? ;) )

sony probably wants it to stay exclusive but I don't think they own the IP. for all we know this could be another TR.

and yeah lol I did but it confused me, are you saying if teh xbone starts getting even more features then you might seriously consider an xbone before sticking with the Ps4 for a year?

sony probably wants it to stay exclusive but I don't think they own the IP. for all we know this could be another TR.

and yeah lol I did but it confused me, are you saying if teh xbone starts getting even more features then you might seriously consider an xbone before sticking with the Ps4 for a year?

well, Sony is publishing Bloodborne. so I don't know if that means they own the IP, but for the time being, it's going to be a PS4 exclusive.

and what I meant is that I'm going to be patient and give my PS4 at least one more year and then evaluate the landscape.

so, no, I'm not going to consider getting an X1 until at least a year from now. Right now, there is really no practical reason for me to own multiple current gen consoles. And there are no must have games or features on the X1 that I just have to buy it this year.

Ideally, I'd just like to stick with one console - the PS4. If they can just add those basic media features, add external hdd support, and improve the overall UI organization a bit, I'd say I'll be pretty much content and happy.

But, if by this time next year, we STILL don't have basic mp3/mp4/media playback and support, and the UI still hasn't really improved, and the PS4 is still behind in adding features, THEN I might seriously consider getting an X1. especially if, in the following year, the X1 steadily improves its features or comes out with a 1TB version.

well, Sony is publishing Bloodborne. so I don't know if that means they own the IP, but for the time being, it's going to be a PS4 exclusive.

and what I meant is that I'm going to be patient and give my PS4 at least one more year and then evaluate the landscape.

so, no, I'm not going to consider getting an X1 until at least a year from now. Right now, there is really no practical reason for me to own multiple current gen consoles. And there are no must have games or features on the X1 that I just have to buy it this year.

Ideally, I'd just like to stick with one console - the PS4. If they can just add those basic media features, add external hdd support, and improve the overall UI organization a bit, I'd say I'll be pretty much content and happy.

But, if by this time next year, we STILL don't have basic mp3/mp4/media playback and support, and the UI still hasn't really improved, and the PS4 is still behind in adding features, THEN I might seriously consider getting an X1. especially if, in the following year, the X1 steadily improves its features or comes out with a 1TB version.

they BETTER have those features this time next year. 2 years of waiting is not reasonable at all. and i agree about owning one console per gen or this gen.

back on topic, yes sony is publishing bloodborne, but microsoft studios also published Me1 & 2 and those games still ended up on Ps3, due to EA publishing it for them instead.

that probably has something to do with ea also acquiring bioware yeah? so unless microsoft has talks with from software, which is likely, it may stay exclusive.

they BETTER have those features this time next year. 2 years of waiting is not reasonable at all. and i agree about owning one console per gen or this gen.

back on topic, yes sony is publishing bloodborne, but microsoft studios also published Me1 & 2 and those games still ended up on Ps3, due to EA publishing it for them instead.

that probably has something to do with ea also acquiring bioware yeah? so unless microsoft has talks with from software, which is likely, it may stay exclusive.

I guess it could end up like the ME series. but we'll see.

let's see if Sony also publishes Bloodborne 2 or if that goes multiplat.

and yeah. it would be simply unacceptable if the PS4 doesn't have basic features the PS3 has 2 years after launch, especially when the X1 is already starting to add those features.

but.....I'm going to be patient.

Bloodborne 2 won't. Dark Souls is From's Sofware's multi plat game. From Software and Sony have a long standing relation. Back in 2006 when they started working on Demon's Souls no one really believed in them, Sony invested in the game. Sony takes risks with devs and brings games that others think won't do so well.

Guys please, stop the MP4 and Sony is doomed. Every thread you guys enter you start talking about the same thing. This thread is about Bloodborne.

Bloodborne 2 won't. Dark Souls is From's Sofware's multi plat game. From Software and Sony have a long standing relation. Back in 2006 when they started working on Demon's Souls no one really believed in them, Sony invested in the game. Sony takes risks with devs and brings games that others think won't do so well.

Guys please, stop the MP4 and Sony is doomed. Every thread you guys enter you start talking about the same thing. This thread is about Bloodborne.

:halo:

so you're saying the Bloodborne franchise will most likely remain PS exclusive?

What you mean mp4? I never said nothing like that nor have I been saying sont being doomed. All I'm saying is this game is still possibly timed exclusive. I don't think is because I feel like we would've heard something about that by now, but it is still possible with the example I presented.

What you mean mp4? I never said nothing like that nor have I been saying sont being doomed. All I'm saying is this game is still possibly timed exclusive. I don't think is because I feel like we would've heard something about that by now, but it is still possible with the example I presented.

This is funded by Sony with From, so no it's staying exclusive just like Demon's Souls did. Sony had the rights to the IP of Demon's Souls so I think this is the same kind of deal as before. Maybe in a long time there may be some collection. But in the immediate future I'm sure Bloodborne stays exclusive.

And X-Knight was going into MP4 stuff again.

This is funded by Sony with From, so no it's staying exclusive just like Demon's Souls did. Sony had the rights to the IP of Demon's Souls so I think this is the same kind of deal as before. Maybe in a long time there may be some collection. But in the immediate future I'm sure Bloodborne stays exclusive.

oh. in the same way microsoft funded SO? i didn't know demon souls was funded by sony, i thought it was a legit 3rd party exclusive. i don't think we'll see a multiplat collection of sorts later on though. not all games do that type of thing, you know

and X was talking about dlna, and all media playback altogether, not just mp4s. and his frustration is understandable given that the predecessor can do it, it shouldn't be that hard, and we've gone almost a year without it.

ah. got you. hope it does stay exclusive.

ah. got you. hope it does stay exclusive.

same. and i really do think it will. if it seemed at all like we were gonna lose exclusivity to this we would've heard about it, at the very slightest hint. but from the inception, to the project beast rumors, to the official announcement, it all seems like a secure 2nd party exclusive game to me.

forget a collection, like with ME all it takes is a new publisher but then again the publisher for that game acquired the developer. not same thing here so we'll see

oh. in the same way microsoft funded SO? i didn't know demon souls was funded by sony, i thought it was a legit 3rd party exclusive. i don't think we'll see a multiplat collection of sorts later on though. not all games do that type of thing, you know

and X was talking about dlna, and all media playback altogether, not just mp4s. and his frustration is understandable given that the predecessor can do it, it shouldn't be that hard, and we've gone almost a year without it.

I understand the frusteration but 95% of his posts talk about it. Some day we will get it, but bringing it up in every forum won't do anything. It has nothing to do with Bloodborne.

I understand the frusteration but 95% of his posts talk about it. Some day we will get it, but bringing it up in every forum won't do anything. It has nothing to do with Bloodborne.

well it is a Ps4 game, so at the very least when he's thinking of bloodborne it's perfectly possible that the console he's going to play it on also crosses his mind.

Last edited:
Get it while it's hot!

[YT]EJYj7M2iWkA[/YT]

[YT]WUuTUq1NaVo[/YT]

well it is a Ps4 game, so at the very least when he's thinking of bloodborne it's perfectly possible that the console he's going to play it on also crosses his mind.

That is stretching it. It has no effect on Bloodborne at all. None what so ever. Post it in the PS4 console area. DLNA support has zero things to do with Bloodborne so stop trying to justify it.

Get it while it's hot!

[YT]EJYj7M2iWkA[/YT]

[YT]WUuTUq1NaVo[/YT]

I am salivating. Looks like there is magic in there.

Sony does own the IP. They filed the trademark for it. You dont do that unless you own a property. Unless they sell it off, From Software can not make a Bloodbourne 2 without Sony. At best they can do a spiritual successor thing as was done with the Souls games

No, not in the same way MS is with SO. Insomniac created and own that IP. They and MS have been very clear about that. FS is creating Bloodborne but Sony own it. Its more in line with what Insomniac did with them with Resistance and Ratchet. They left to work with MS, but they couldnt take those Sony owned franchises with them. Same thing here with Bloodborne

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be any kind of "shield" weapon so you can create a classic "sword and shield" warrior.

have they commented on any kind of blocking mechanic?

I think they're deliberately moving away from that.

I believe in an interview it was stated that they felt players relied on it too much in the Souls games, making gameplay feel very passive, so they're changing it up in Bloodborne to force players to be more aggressive and proactive.

I believe in an interview it was stated that they felt players relied on it too much in the Souls games, making gameplay feel very passive, so they're changing it up in Bloodborne to force players to be more aggressive and proactive.

ah. I see. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"