Bloodshot (dir. Dave Wilson)

I was surprised by the rating change as it's been reported as R pretty much up to now in the sparse articles I've bothered reading about it. They're repeating the advertising strategy done with Venom it would seem.:mad:

Anyway, I looked back and saw they changed it to PG-13 this past October according to Comicsbeat with an NYCC report here: NYCC ’19 Exclusive: BLOODSHOT will be PG-13 — and maybe not what you expect

There's a hint of a possible later cut for home release if Sony allows it:
Dinesh Shamdasani:...We could push it a little further.’ I think this is the movie we intended to make.”

David Wilson: “Technically, it’s R-rated now,” Wilson quipped, hinting at a possible later edit that may be released on DVD or Blu-ray with an R-rating, as often happens...

Sony's a lucrative company but their studio in this ever stratifying economy may be sold eventually so I can understand IP based properties they'll be taking less risk on so am not getting my hopes with anything they touch IP wise. It seems to me that this is not so much over risk of losing money (afterall lower budgeted projects and Sony's reach with overseas revenue help) but moreso concern about the changing movie industry with technology as it is now and hoping to stockpile revenue with recognizable IP's to maximize their studio asset.

8-7df21409add4c15f5.jpg

8-8.jpg

Very little buzz for this at the moment which is a little worrying. Especially considering they want to start a new cinematic universe out of Valiant characters.

Very little buzz for this at the moment which is a little worrying. Especially considering they want to start a new cinematic universe out of Valiant characters.
I don't think people think it looks that good.
Remember that, overused, joke about Venom feeling like a mid 00s superhero movie? Bloodshot feels kind of the same to me and I wouldn't be surprised if other feel the same way.

Could still be good though

Are there still plans for a cinematic universe? Because a few months back Paramount bought the rights to Harbinger, the next movie they were going to make.

I don't think people think it looks that good.
Remember that, overused, joke about Venom feeling like a mid 00s superhero movie? Bloodshot feels kind of the same to me and I wouldn't be surprised if other feel the same way.

Could still be good though

That’s the thing I don’t think people think it looks good because it’s barely been promoted and Andy it’s out in 2 weeks.

Are there still plans for a cinematic universe? Because a few months back Paramount bought the rights to Harbinger, the next movie they were going to make.

Ah right didn’t know that, maybe the Valiant universe is over before it begins.

It would help if it was getting ANY advertising. I have seen more advertising on the Hype than I have anywhere else.

It would help if it was getting ANY advertising. I have seen more advertising on the Hype than I have anywhere else.

I know what you mean, saw a little bit on Facebook, but none on TV and no posters in bus stops, etc.

I predict its going to perform worse than Birds of Prey.

Also, this is going just one of the many comic book films (that isn't based from Marvel/DC) that the audience didnt care for

Yeah this will be a bomb. Sam Heughan and Eiza Gonzalez deserve better. There are a ton of superhero characters either of them could easily fit. Shame they both signed into this.

It's Vin Diesel, they probably weren't gonna say no. He's only got one franchise but it's billions of dollars worth of a franchise.

Yeah, true. And you know, I feel like this could have been a good vehicle for Vin. He suits the character well enough. But they couldn't even make him LOOK like Bloodshot other than (apparently) in a couple scenes. Like, I don't mind that he doesn't have the hair but the pale skin and the red dot are kind of essential. I guess they're banking on the fact that most people don't really know the character but as it is, it just looks like another generic, sci-fi action movie that could have come out in the 90s.

Be a bit of a worry if reviews don’t start coming out the next few days also.

Wow I completely forgot that the absolutely stunning Eiza Gonzalez was in this. Hopefully, she isn't wasted, but the stuff that I'm hearing from people who have seen it early doesn't sound promising at all. Now, I still plan on seeing it this week, but my expectations are super low. It's a shame honestly because I actually like Vin and always have, but just as I feared outside of F&F and Marvel the guy just can't make a hit to save his life anymore.

It's going to FLOP big time.

Yeah, this seems like another Last Witchhunter/Babylon AD thing for Vin. Ugh.

Damn, it’s such a shame the early word is that this isn’t very good. Vin is a good fit for the role, and having read some of the comics recently, they hand the potential to make a really interesting set of movie with some good characters and storylines.

The budget is apparently only $42 million, but you don’t need a huge budget to adapt the comics, at least the ones I read.

Classic Sony. Did they also cut the runtime to under 90 minutes so that they can maximize the number of showtimes?

Yeah, this seems like another Last Witchhunter/Babylon AD thing for Vin. Ugh.

Which is a damn shame because i liked the last witchhunter and Babylon AD...the man doesnt seem to cause interest outside of F&F.

Feels like Sony is dumping this. They're hardly promoting it.

Yeah i havent seen anything outside a Trailer.
Whats with Marketing these days, seems all around to be a bit lazy.
Be it games or movies.

Which is a damn shame because i liked the last witchhunter and Babylon AD...the man doesnt seem to cause interest outside of F&F.

Yeah i havent seen anything outside a Trailer.
Whats with Marketing these days, seems all around to be a bit lazy.
Be it games or movies.

I tried to watch Witchhunter once but turned it off about halfway in. But yeah, outside of F&F, he doesn't have much of a career. I think he had a shot at establishing a second franchise with the XXX series, but jumping ship on the sequel to do Riddick was a huge misstep on his part. To be clear, XXX: State of the Union is a much worse movie than Chronicles of Riddick (even though I also found that movie to be lousy) but I think that the film might have turned out better had Vin returned to the lead role and Rob Cohen returned to direct. The first film wasn't great but it was fun and I think it could have spawned some decent sequels, instead of a horrible Ice Cube movie and then a 15-years-later return for Xander Cage that was way past the point anyone cared about the series (which was also awful).

I will say that the third Riddick movie was pretty cool (even though there's no way in hell Matt Nable could be Cole Hauser's father unless he comes from a planet where people give birth at age 4), but I still never understood Vin's obsession with trying to turn that character into this iconic sci-fi superhero. Pitch Black was a slick, smart little sci-fi horror film with good, conflicted characters, but it didn't need to continue. In fact, I think it works better as a standalone because a key element of the film is Radha Mitchell's morally questionable hero character. Spinning off Riddick into his own series just felt unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"