Bloody Sport

A comic I wrote some time ago:

Immortal Tristara.
It´s not a superhero story but rather a high fsantasy tale so probably not your cup of tea, but....oh well.....

IMAGE_410fd6662e64d.jpg

IMAGE_410fd687df6b6.jpg

Thanks, BIONIC COMMANDO, will do :D

That story looks good too. I like "Goatboy" there. I have a pic on here somewhere of my "Warrior Rabbit"...maybe they'll meet some day and face off.

LOL
"Goatboy".
biggrin.gif

Thanks, C.Lee, I lok forward to that meeting as well
wink.gif

Here´s two more pages of Immortal Tristara:

IMAGE_410fd6a90c35f.jpg

IMAGE_410fd6c8e09d7.jpg

Holy freaking crap, man! I think I love you. :up: :up:

Thanks, Archangel.
Thanks, Dr. Doom
smile.gif

IMAGE_41127b05d94a3.jpg

IMAGE_41127b3004e3f.jpg

Damn you're a comics book artist, what are you doing here at the fan art ???:p
:p

´LOL
Thanks, Roma. :)

What am I doing here....
Well, the door was open and the bouncer was busy hitting on the cosplayers.... I took a shot. :D

Heya, Izzy!
smile.gif

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, just had an awfull weekend trying to catch up with my deadlines.

IMAGE_41127b5899d02.jpg

IMAGE_41127b84225eb.jpg

VERY NICE black and white art man - do you sell your own comics?

I'm a sucker for heavy darks and lights in monochrome artwork and great to see some sequential artwork in these forums for a change

Good-lookin thread my man

Keep at this and you'll go far dude - post some samples off to Darkhorse and some independents

I was accepted to darkhorse - but a genetic birthdefect effectively ended by comics career for a while as i went blind - but I recently got my sight back and i'm relearning to draw again

I got some art here in the Fan art contest and silevr sables thread stop by some time

Really nice stuff you have here dude:up:

Hi, deDIKnight,

Damn, that´s really terrible, I can´t even imagine (and I don´t think I wanna try to
frown.gif
) how it must be for an artist to lose his eyesight, I´d quite probably kill myself.
My life IS my work, so I have nothing else to cling to if something like that ever happened to me.

I´m glad you´ve managed to turn it around, though, and I sincerelly hope that these first babysteps back into your previous artistic path will pay off with a major comback.

DarkHorse.... you´ve lived the dream, man.

I could never get them to be the slightest bit interested in my work.

Zeu
The one who starts seaching for the thread with deDIKnight´s fanart
smile.gif

IMAGE_411aa8d2be6f1.jpg

IMAGE_411aa9153f7b3.jpg

Is anyone even reading these? :(

Hi deDIKnight,

Damn, that´s really terrible, I can´t even imagine (and I don´t think I wanna try to
frown.gif
) how it must be for an artist to lose his eyesight, I´d quite probably kill myself.
My life IS my work, so I have nothing else to cling to if something like that ever happened to me.

I´m glad you´ve managed to turn it around, though, and I sincerelly hope that these first babysteps back into your previous artistic path will pay off with a major comback.

DarkHorse.... you´ve lived the dream, man.

I could never get them to be the slightest bit interested in my work.

Zeu
The one who starts seaching for the thread with deDIKnight´s fanart
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

Awwwww:o - Thanks man for those kind words - I wont pretend it NOT been a long, hard, road back

I've been blind for nearly ten years on and off - and even tho i can see with one eye - i still aint seeing too good

I just had to believe that I still had artistic ability regardless of sight and having a sculpture degree, I kept at the scuplture thru my blindness

Nothing fancy - just a Head sized ball of plasticine and worked on it day after day and thru touch built up my visual memory again

So theres ALWAYS hope and i dont give up easily - i just had to keep the faith

But I'm doing fine - I probably wont reach the standard you have here for at least another two or three years yet as basically i'm at 5th year high school
level just now

Lol and at 40 - I'm the oldest (if not the best) high school artist here - LMAO

Darkhorse wouldnt accept you?

Jeez theyre Standards must be up their ass - this is quality material and If I started a studio tomorrow

YOU would be hired

I have seen their work on the starwars comics that i was hired to do - and I'm telling you - youre a lot better than some of them

Your work reminds me of mix of several 2000AD artists I used to know quite well

Nigel Dobbyn, Bryan Talbot and a bit of Alan Davis "DR & Quinch" art among a few others

Listen...I'm going to be looking for a few people soon who can work with me on a couple of comic projects

One Horror...One "Superhero" (even the superhero one has Supernatural/SF overtones - set in futuristic china)

You interested?

PM me sometime and i'll give you my Email and IM adrresses

I got a better piece of art over at silver sable's thread now
Its painted art - computer painted - I can only draw with the PC these days

Its kinda reminiscent of the really crappy romance novels my wife reads

Lol

But I gave it a comicbook superhero/horror twist

Good to see you here man - there aint enough sequential art and yours is the best i've seen here for a while

Whoa, been a while since I last posted in this thread, thank you for your comments, deDIKnight, and my apologies for the delay in repplying.

As I said earlier, it´s good that you´re making a comeback.
Age is of no importance, I´ve known people who only woke up to their calling in their late 40s.
IMAGE_411fdbae2e641.jpg

IMAGE_4124b9d65a560.jpg

Last ones.

IMAGE_414e0bff2e640.jpg

IMAGE_414e0c526b6d4.jpg

And that´s that.

Thanks for looking, guys, I´ll get out of your hair now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"