Stand-Alone Movies BOBA FETT and Young HAN SOLO Spin-Offs Being Planned?

No.

I was disagreeing with the "he barely does anything" part, which is completely untrue, since his very presence and actions help move forward the Han/Leia part of ESB's plot.

No.

I was disagreeing with the "he barely does anything" part, which is completely untrue, since his very presence and actions help move forward the Han/Leia part of ESB's plot.

Boba Fett embodied the criminal underworld he could not escape. Han even referenced "that bounty hunter back on..." when we first see him in Echo Base, establsihing he's chasing him from the beginning. Not to mention Boba Fett doesn't fit into the whole "black and white clear cut heroes and villains of Star Wars". He represents the lawless, the grey, he's a character that a lot can certainly be done many things with.

Boba Fett embodied the criminal underworld he could not escape. Han even referenced "that bounty hunter back on..." when we first see him in Echo Base, establsihing he's chasing him from the beginning. Not to mention Boba Fett doesn't fit into the whole "black and white clear cut heroes and villains of Star Wars". He represents the lawless, the grey, he's a character that a lot can certainly be done many things with.

Was it ever established that the bounty hunter on Ord Mantell was Boba Fett? It could've been any other generic bounty hunter.

Was it ever established that the bounty hunter on Ord Mantell was Boba Fett? It could've been any other generic bounty hunter.

It was, actually. But since it was from a very obscure comic strip from 1981, I really don't see why they can't just change it to Boba for the movies and run with it by creating a story around that. It'd give it more meaning when Han mentions it in ESB.

Was it ever established that it wasn't in the movie? Han is running from Jabba and the bounty hunters, as well as Darth Vader, and he's losing them at every turn, but the one he can't shake is Boba Fett. You asked what he did that was cool or bad ass?

Well he managed to catch Han Solo, was singled out by Darth Vader amongst the group of already intimidating bounty hunters, and was indirectly responsible for the entire conflict on Cloud City (including Vader vs Luke). Yes he did a lot in that movie.

Except you don't see any of it.

It's all kind of implied.

It's like Luke visiting Yoda off screen in ESB. Yoda wouldn't be iconic if it was only implied he trained Luke and the audiences didn't see anything.

It's like Luke visiting Yoda off screen in ESB. Yoda wouldn't be iconic if it was only implied he trained Luke and the audiences didn't see anything.

It was pretty on screen. He's seen following Han after he escapes Vader. He's seen with Vader in Cloud City. He's the only person in the movie that stands up to Vader and questions him (that Vader doesn't threaten or more often kill). He gets away from our heroes and wins at the end of the day too. You have to keep in mind movies are a visual medium, and theres a lot more that can build characters and presence than story alone.

Boba Fett was pretty worthless in Jedi, and perhaps Lucas didn't expect Boba garner respect, but Kershner certainly knew what he was doing with the character.

I see you brought up Yoda a couple of times, but to be fair, for the little Boba did in the OT, Yoda actually does just as little himself. Besides lifting the x-wing, he does absolutely nothing useful onscreen either. He spoke in riddles that not even Luke bothered listening to and just croaks in his couple minutes in ROTJ. But yet, it's implied that he fully trains Luke to face Vader which made people excited to see what he could do in the PT as far as Jedi bad-assery goes. Why are people so against Boba getting the same treatment?

I hope they get Daniel Logan to play him.

Such an obvious choice, but... I never thought about that possibility. :doh:
I wonder how he actually is as an actor? I haven't seen him in anything at all, Episode II not withstanding.

It's there. You don't have to hear him talk to know he told Vader that Solo is going to Bespin. It's subtle writing, you know, the good kind. I'm not saying he deserves the fame he's gotten over the years, that's purely the fanboys' doing. But he was not useless to the ESB script. Unlike RotJ.

Boba Fett has always been one of my favorite SW characters since I was a kid. I hate to say this, but I'm a little more excited for a stand alone Boba Fett movie than Episode 7. I can picture the Fett movie having a really cool cyberpunk feel/visuals, and hopefully they'd visit Coruscant. Loved the visuals in Episode 2. Hope this film actually gets made.

It's there. You don't have to hear him talk to know he told Vader that Solo is going to Bespin. It's subtle writing, you know, the good kind. I'm not saying he deserves the fame he's gotten over the years, that's purely the fanboys' doing. But he was not useless to the ESB script. Unlike RotJ.

He had a purpose in ROTJ, only George dropped the ball.

What was his purpose? I'm talking about the final product here, not what was supposed to be done with him.

What was his purpose? I'm talking about the final product here, not what was supposed to be done with him.

To me his purpose was a showdown with Han as the pay-off from ESB, whether it was a fight or in space, Falcon vs Slave 1. instead Boba has a quick fight with Luke and gets accidentally killed by a blind Han.

To me his purpose was a showdown with Han as the pay-off from ESB, whether it was a fight or in space, Falcon vs Slave 1. instead Boba has a quick fight with Luke and gets accidentally killed by a blind Han.

He had a purpose but I don't think the story would have been affected too much if he was left out imo. Might have even added to the mystique of his character, he got the job done and left. An all business kind of who's still out there somewhere being the best.

Well, that didn't really advance the script, though, did it? He'd have been kind of a loose end, a la Reese or Ramirez in TDK, but not one that would hinder the plot.

Having said that, a resolution between characters is always welcome.

Ok after the latest episode of Arrow I am calling it, Manu Bennet for Boba Fett! he has incredible presence and physicality and hits enough touchstones to be a believable untampered clone son of Temura Morrison.

He had a purpose but I don't think the story would have been affected too much if he was left out imo. Might have even added to the mystique of his character, he got the job done and left. An all business kind of who's still out there somewhere being the best.

Maybe, but as an 8 year old I just wanted to see Han kick Boba's ass.

Well, that didn't really advance the script, though, did it? He'd have been kind of a loose end, a la Reese or Ramirez in TDK, but not one that would hinder the plot.

Having said that, a resolution between characters is always welcome.

A script is not only about advancement though, within a film, especially in this genre, there needs to be pay-offs to conflicts that are built up. To me Han vs Boba was Solo's individual showdown within the saga, the personal resolution of his "There's a price on my head" arc started in ANH.
You could argue that Jabba should have been his personal showdown but to me Boba was always more suited as he was the one that finally caught him and was sort of a kindred spirit who took a separate path at the fork in the road.

A script is not only about advancement though, within a film, especially in this genre, there needs to be pay-offs to conflicts that are built up. To me Han vs Boba was Solo's individual showdown within the saga, the personal resolution of his "There's a price on my head" arc started in ANH.
You could argue that Jabba should have been his personal showdown but to me Boba was always more suited as he was the one that finally caught him and was sort of a kindred spirit who took a separate path at the fork in the road.

See to me I thought this more Han and Jabba than Han and Boba.

I see what you mean though, I always felt like in Episode III Mace wasn't really paid off. It seemed like they were building up to a show down between him and Anakin or Boba.

A script is not only about advancement though,

Hence my "resolution between characters" sentence. It's just that I was replying to you still keeping in mind the disagreement I had with MessiahDecoy regarding Boba's use in ESB.

Ok after the latest episode of Arrow I am calling it, Manu Bennet for Boba Fett! he has incredible presence and physicality and hits enough touchstones to be a believable untampered clone son of Temura Morrison.

After finally catching that episode, I agree 100% with this. Crixus all the way.

a Boba Fett Film should center around his Escape form the Sarlacc and be set POST ROTJ, it show show Fett in the middle of a Gang Civil War on tatooine and Nar Shaadaa after the demise of Jabba, and also after the fall of the Empire.......This would be Totally Rocking Awsome

As for the Young Han Solo Film, It should feature Han in his days at the Imperial Navy, his rescue of Chewie and then his wild Smuggling days as he evades both Criminal Warloads and the Empire while flying from one side of the Galaxy to the other............

The problem with the Boba Fett film is that adult Boba Fett should never take his helmet off, and I hope Kinberg and Kasdan understands that. Forget the prequels..the appeal of Boba Fett is his mysteriousness. He was the proto-Master Chief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"