The Dark Knight Bomb in thug's stomach idea

If I recall the exact description of the footage was that the fat thug was on some kind of autopsy table and there were a doctor and a detective looking in his stomach and see a flashing blue light then it goes off and the whole place explodes.

I don't like the idea of Batman walking into the police station...especially since Loeb would have him arrested immediately.

By the time the Joker gets arrested, Loeb would already be offed.

A fat guy bomb!

What is Nolan trying to say with this? Is he saying that all OBESE people should get blown up? I think that's the theme he's trying to convey here.

As I remember from the Wizard World footage description, there was a description of a thug with a bomb inside.

Could it be the fat thug in the background of this pic?
http://www.superherohype.com/imageG...ght/The_Movie/Movie_Stills/Movie_Stills_1.jpg

Okay, now in the trailer, we see the Joker clapping in a weird way, but there's some focus on this clapping. Could it be that the rhytmn of the clapping could activate the bomb inside the thug's stomache behind the Joker. I know it's far fetched, but it crossed my mind.

edit:
Changed it to the right festival's name.

For some reason I get the vibe that he is clapping when some part of his plan(maybe his escape with help from his goons) is going along, like an explosion somewhere. In the trailer he claps two different times but there different claps. Like it's not in unison. Usually when you clap your arms stay at the same height. In the trailer his arms look readjusted.

I get the feeling that it will be like the kind of scenes I've seen in other movies before. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can name some movies that have done this please do because I can't remember specific movies right now. Just now I've seen them.

The scenes I'm talking about are when someone is watching the time on a wall clock and they have "outsiders" or bombs to go off at specific times. One scene from a movie(can't remember which movie, just the overall happenings) I remember the guy had asked a cop or someone what time it was. After they were told, they kind of smiled like something was going to happen shortly.

Seven had something like that with John Doe and the Fed Ex guy. That wasn't the exact comparison I was thinking of though.

Man that clapping scene looks bad ass. However is it realistic to clap your hands and make a bomb blow up? perhaps it's activated by noise or which not. Remember, Nolan is still keeping this grounded on reality, I know a water microwave emitter isn't realisitc but hey you never know. I do like the idea of the joker blowing up a thug's stomach with the clapping of his hands. Now I want the second trailer, or the superbowl spot. Damn, the hype is killing me, just give me the damn movie or give me a script review.

Clap On! *clap*clap* Clap Off! *clap*clap*

clapper.jpg

Seriously, though, this theory is all kinds of awesome! Now that you've brought it up, I really hope that this is what happens.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

But Joker is caught relatively early on in the movie. So unless Loeb is killed in the first ten minutes...

And that's my only gripe with BB. The fact that Batman is already this big name in Gotham. I wanted him to stay an urban legend to the general populous.

Isn't The Joker caught about an hour into the film?

Clap On! *clap*clap* Clap Off! *clap*clap*

clapper.jpg

Seriously, though, this theory is all kinds of awesome! Now that you've brought it up, I really hope that this is what happens.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I am glad you said it cause, I was going to soon after

What if the fatman isn't within range. Would joker say "hey come a little closer" Why not have the fat man clap his own hands and blow himself up

The Fatman eh? Fatman was the name given to an atomic bomb that was dropped on Japan unless I'm mistaken.

well thats not the reason why i am calling him that. But ya don't you love how things like that just wooork out

What if the fatman isn't within range. Would joker say "hey come a little closer" Why not have the fat man clap his own hands and blow himself up

Knowing how clever the joker is, he probably looked up the dimensions of the jails cells and set the range of the bombs auditory trigger mechanism accordingly, but perhaps I'm thinking too much about this.....It's 3:26 am....I need some damn sleep....

Love the avvy CC. Best one yet :up: :)

But Joker is caught relatively early on in the movie. So unless Loeb is killed in the first ten minutes...

And that's my only gripe with BB. The fact that Batman is already this big name in Gotham. I wanted him to stay an urban legend to the general populous.

By this time though Batman already has his new suit, judging on the leaked images anyway. And Batman has at least one major encounter with Scarecrow in his older suit before upgrading.

And I can only assume that the Joker calls Gordon "Comissioner"

I wouldn't assume that yet. The way I see it it depends what point of the film it happens in, because depending on that he could be talking to Loeb, and Id Gordon is made comissioner in this film then sure it could be him

I just thought of something awesome.

Joker: Evening, Commissioner.

Gordon: I'm not Commissioner, I'm a Lt.

Joker: O you will be soon enough.

Would be awesomeness. :cwink:

I just thought of something awesome.

Joker: Evening, Commissioner.

Gordon: I'm not Commissioner, I'm a Lt.

Joker: O you will be soon enough.

Would be awesomeness. :cwink:

Errr I don't think that sounds like well written dialogue :p

Actually I could see Joker say to Gordon

"congratulations you are getting a promotion"

gordon - what?..

A cop in a closed office opens the door and calls Gordon to it. Gordon enters the room and they say Commisioner Loeb is dead

then gordon looks at the cell where joker is and Joker waves back smiling

Actually I could see Joker say to Gordon

"congratulations you are getting a promotion"

gordon - what?..

A cop in a closed office opens the door and calls Gordon to it. Gordon enters the room and they say Commisioner Loeb is dead

then gordon looks at the cell where joker is and Joker waves back smiling

Yeah, if something like that was well-written, it could show how bad-ass Joker is pulling ALL the strings--how he is three steps ahead of everyone, except Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"