Bond 25 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
EON and MGM still don't have a director or a new distributor so I imagine we won't see the next Bond until 2019.

Not sure how I feel about Craig doing another Bond movie. He seemed pretty damn tired of the franchise.

As for Hiddleston, I honestly don't know. He reminds me of Gary Oldman. And I can't image Gary Oldman as Bond.

Anyway, if Broccoli actually feels that way about Hiddleston, that's ridiculous. I'm sorry, but Pierce Brosnan never came off that "tough." Same with Roger Moore. And let's never forget about George Lazenby, though she can't be blamed for that one.
I think he said that because Craig is now Bond and everyone would compare to him.

Craig has been a fantastic Bond, perhaps the only one to actually give the character actual humanity, while also clearly looking capable unlike any other Bond so far.

Craig is great, but it's time to go, I guess. I'm not necessary against him reprising his role again as long as the film is truly great. But I feel it's time to re-ignite the franchise with a new actor, a new tone.

I would prefer Craig to go out on a good movie.

why. I pretty much can't wait for Craig to retire. And we get new Bond.

Because he's been the best actor in the role in my opinion and I think he's got one more film in him to go out on and finish everything up.

Poor Hiddleston, trying to secure his post MCU franchise. His fake relationship with Taylor Swift was all for nothing.

He had a chance with Skyfall, which was an OK film. After Spectre he has to make a good film again to satisfy people who want him to go out on a good note.

Just get Dan Stevens and call it a day.

EON and MGM still don't have a director or a new distributor so I imagine we won't see the next Bond until 2019.

Apparently Fox are very keen to sign them up, and are willing to throw a considerable amount of money at EON to get it. At least that's the buzz going around.

If they're as far along with development with this film as has been recently suggested, then it's possible that they could get this thing out for a late 2018 release.

Craig ain't getting any younger.

Also I don't believe that Tom Hiddleston rumor at all. Sounds like it comes from someone who hates Tom Hiddleston. Don't think that stuff was ever said about him.

Last edited:
I'm onboard with Dan Stevens, which I think makes the news about Craig even better.

In the time it takes to do Bond 25 and then the period afterwards before the next actor is chosen, Stevens will be able to squeeze in another season or two of Legion, which I'm pretty sure he'd otherwise have to give up for the gig as Bond.

I really liked Skyfall, but Craig's last movie was Spectre.

I meant by your logic, Skyfall should have been the last Bond movie to go out on because that was the last good one.

Justin Kroll‏ @krolljvar

Alright enough is enough I gotta squash some of these petty rumors about Hiddleston and Bond

While there is nothing is official, the Page 6 report of Craig coming back for Bond seems to be heading in that direction

That said, this whole Broccoli thinks Hiddleston is Smug playing into the decision is ridiculous because Craig has an option to return

Hiddleston didn't lose anything cause of his character because he didn't have anything to lose in the first place

Also I don't believe that Tom Hiddleston rumor at all. Sounds like it comes from someone who hates Tom Hiddleston. Don't think that stuff was ever said about him.
I'd believe it being said by Amy Pascal, but Bond isn't with SONY anymore.:oldrazz:

Give Craig his "Logan" you bastahs

Didn't we have something like that with "Skyfall"

The higher up's believe MI6 isn't needed. Bond feels like he's out of touch with the modern world. A relic of his time that's been worn down by the years?

It was hard to swallow when Quantum of Solace was just 6 years before "Skyfall" It's like Nolan's Batman. 8 years away turned Bruce into a hermit with bad knees.

If Skyfall had happened after 5 Daniel Craig Bond movies I would have understood the "worn out and out of touch" James Bond.

Didn't we have something like that with "Skyfall"

The higher up's believe MI6 isn't needed. Bond feels like he's out of touch with the modern world. A relic of his time that's been worn down by the years?

It was hard to swallow when Quantum of Solace was just 6 years before "Skyfall"

It's like Nolan's Batman. 8 years away turned Bruce into a hermit with bad knees.

If Skyfall had happened after 5 Daniel Craig Bond movies I would have understood the "worn out and out of touch" James Bond.

That's not necessarily what I mean when I make the comparison. Skyfall was basically posing the question of whether MI6 (and the Bond franchise in general) was relevant or useful in the current era. It was the GoldenEye for the 21st Century, serving as an affirmation about Bond's place after a lengthy period of uncertainty.

Logan was very much a character piece with most of the glamour gone, and the character confronting his own mortality and legacy as his story came to a close, whilst also serving as an impressive swansong for Hugh Jackman's run with the character. That's more along the lines of what I want to see from Bond 25 and Craig's last film after a decade in the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"