No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Any choices for the villain? It would be ironic if they could get Elba but I think it’s time for a female villain as lead.

I'm certainly not against a female villain, but I'm not sure what you mean by "it's time." They have had them twice before in Rosa Klebb and Elektra King.

I'm certainly not against a female villain, but I'm not sure what you mean by "it's time." They have had them twice before in Rosa Klebb and Elektra King.

Which was almost 20 years ago. We haven't had one in the Craig era.

Pretty sure this film is a loose updated From Russia With Love adaption... with the Russian actor castings, etc. that has been leaking out.

Why do you necessarily have to?

We've had female antagonists before, but you'd kinda have to figure a majority of terrorist/anarchist/cult-y types a government assassin would come up against would probably be dudes. :oldrazz:

Elektra was actually a really interesting approach though. I'd be all for another female villain, but they've gotta figure out something better than just that whole femme-fatale "evil Black Widow" type of deal. The industrialist angle was really cool last time in TWINE, let's get something a little unexpected like that.

Those Jolie rumors were bugging me, not because of Jolie, but like...you know exactly what they'd do with it. High-profile assassin/female spy cliche type of deal, Salt but more nefarious.

How about a female villain who is not a Bond girl? Don't have Bond bed her first. In fact, make her someone he wouldn't even want to sleep with like Rosa Klebb.

Moore played Bond as if he was Simon Templer (The Saint), they are very different 'beasts', Roger just carried over his performance and setting. Ian Ogilvy played ST the same way, so it's not Roger at fault in that role, but the 'menace' was missing, bar a few moments where smacking woman and being a misogynistic a-hole were in the script (but heh it's the 80's, p-poor reasoning, as it is at any time).

Moore got Bond because of The Saint, but they are VERY different characters.

Why do you necessarily have to?

We've had female antagonists before, but you'd kinda have to figure a majority of terrorist/anarchist/cult-y types a government assassin would come up against would probably be dudes. :oldrazz:

Elektra was actually a really interesting approach though. I'd be all for another female villain, but they've gotta figure out something better than just that whole femme-fatale "evil Black Widow" type of deal. The industrialist angle was really cool last time in TWINE, let's get something a little unexpected like that.

Those Jolie rumors were bugging me, not because of Jolie, but like...you know exactly what they'd do with it. High-profile assassin/female spy cliche type of deal, Salt but more nefarious.

You don't necessarily have to do anything. Before you start thinking this is some SJW crusade, my point is that it'd be nice to change up the formula a bit, which I think general audiences would appreciate. The formula has gotten stale creatively.

Ann Dowd, would be awesome.

Maybe someone like Helen Mirren or Glenn Close. That would give them some gravitas. They could seem like a proper head of an organisation and businesswoman. Better still, find a non-English or non-American woman. Someone European perhaps.

Or even get someone like Cate Blanchett as the villain and don't have Bond sleep with her at all.

Or how about Alfre Woodard? She could be a Mariah Dillard Stokes type character who is really heartless and conniving.

Maybe someone like Helen Mirren or Glenn Close. That would give them some gravitas. They could seem like a proper head of an organisation and businesswoman. Better still, find a non-English or non-American woman. Someone European perhaps.

Or even get someone like Cate Blanchett as the villain and don't have Bond sleep with her at all.

Or how about Alfre Woodard? She could be a Mariah Dillard Stokes type character who is really heartless and conniving.

Um... pretty sure Ann Dowd is scarier and more menacing than those above actresses, let alone has the best output. Merely her acting range on The Leftovers proves this. Viola Davis would also be ideal.

They've only had two female main villains through twenty-four movies. And even Klebb is debatable since the movie makes it obvious that she was under Blofeld's thumb and was terrified of him. And it took them like nineteen movies to go "hey wouldn't a good idea for a main Bond villain be a beautiful/alluring woman who's very sexual and good at manipulating people and uses both to her advantage" which is bizarre since it's not like beautiful/alluring women (and his inability to "keep it in his pants" for very long) tend to be Bond's big weakness or anything. ;)

Heck I was hoping that Monica Bellucci would turn out to a female Blofeld in Spectre, with Christoph Waltz actually being Franz Oberhauser as a different character. It would have been different, and less obvious and they wouldn't have completely wasted Monica either.

So yes, I'm hoping for a female main baddie this time as well. Also if you want her to be different, have her not be someone who sleeps with Bond or uses sexuality as a big thing, not that hard. Now as for who would play her, my top choices would be:

-Marion Cotillard.
-Cate Blanchett.
-Viola Davis.
-Tilda Swinton.
-Robin Wright.

Um... pretty sure Ann Dowd is scarier and more menacing than those above actresses, let alone has the best output. Merely her acting range on The Leftovers proves this. Viola Davis would also be ideal.

I have no idea who Ann Dowd is.

They've only had two female main villains through twenty-four movies. And even Klebb is debatable since the movie makes it obvious that she was under Blofeld's thumb and was terrified of him. And it took them like nineteen movies to go "hey wouldn't a good idea for a main Bond villain be a beautiful/alluring woman who's very sexual and good at manipulating people and uses both to her advantage" which is bizarre since it's not like beautiful/alluring women (and his inability to "keep it in his pants" for very long) tend to be Bond's big weakness or anything. ;)

Heck I was hoping that Monica Bellucci would turn out to a female Blofeld in Spectre, with Christoph Waltz actually being Franz Oberhauser as a different character. It would have been different, and less obvious and they wouldn't have completely wasted Monica either.

So yes, I'm hoping for a female main baddie this time as well. Also if you want her to be different, have her not be someone who sleeps with Bond or uses sexuality as a big thing, not that hard. Now as for who would play her, my top choices would be:

-Marion Cotillard.
-Cate Blanchett.
-Viola Davis.
-Tilda Swinton.
-Robin Wright.

It would've been good if Monica Bellucci was a villain, but I didn't want her as Blofeld. She was a bit wasted in Spectre.

Tilda Swindon would be cool.

Agreed on not having the female villain, assuming there is one, sleeping with Bond.

Also I'd like to see Mr. Hinx return as well (ala Jaws only not with an ill-conceived good guy). His "death" was ambiguous enough that I think that you could bring him back and say that he's gone "freelance" or something and is now working for the new big bad.

Plus big badass Dave Bautista being the chief enforcer for a female villain/mastermind seems like a nice contrast imo.

Also have Bond actually fight a woman this time. Not anything like Grace Jones, or even like Xenia Onatopp. Have it be a brutal and physical fight similar to Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde or any other franchise where a woman fights a man. Have Bond not pull any punches because she's a woman. Let him fight to survive like he would against a guy, because if he holds back he will die. Let her be more than a match for him.

Make it the equivalent of Bond fighting Red Grant except with a woman this time.

Speaking of which, I should have put Charlize on my list as well.

Cate did Thor, Charlize did F&F, Tilda would be alright (too Strange though), Marion was Talia...

Best not to retread with the same style-esque universes. At least Viola/Dowd are villains already, but in mini-series or prestige tv.

Which woman could look like they could realistically fight Bond? And don't say Ronda Rousey or Gina Carano.

Charlize, Rinko Kukuchi, Alicia Vikander if she's in Lara Croft shape again, Emily Blunt, Maggie Q, Rebecca Ferguson, Adrianne Palicki, etc.

And speaking of Emily Blunt, she'd be another good choice for the big bad as well imo.

Last edited:
Charlize, Rinko Kukuchi, Alicia Vikander if she's in Lara Croft shape again, Emily Blunt, Maggie Q, Rebecca Ferguson, Adrianne Palicki, etc.

And speaking of Emily Blunt, she'd be another good choice for the big bad as well imo.

They all seem like women Bond would sleep with though. They would become typical Bond girls.

I'd rather there was a tough woman who is not a traditional beauty or Bond girl and could just be a hench woman.

And yet they don't have to sleep with him. That's the point, they don't fall for his charms. They'd only become "typical" if lazy writers chose to write it that way.

Ann Dowd has better output than Helen Mirren and Glenn Close?

And yet they don't have to sleep with him. That's the point, they don't fall for his charms. They'd only become "typical" if lazy writers chose to write it that way.

Exactly. A woman can be strong and attractive and not decide to sleep with Bond in these movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"