No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Seems a little early to write off Rami as a believable physical threat. If they're going that way (I tend to think he'll have a little of that stuff but not to the extent of some of the Bond villains - probably more a hyper-intelligent manipulator) there's no reason it can't necessarily work. Do we even know what Malek looks like the last couple of months? *Shrugs* They could have had him in the gym intensely for a while by now.

Not like pre-Bond Craig was all that physically-intimidating either. Movie magic, personal trainers, schedule deadlines, stuff happens.

Like, hell, we got a physical throw-down with Greene of all villains. :oldrazz: Amalric's hardly a dude who seems any more threatening in a fight than Malek.

EDIT: Using The Living Daylights car for this is pretty random too, haha. In a good way. Nice.

D8uFta0XYAEG5PE.jpg

14610742-7125175-image-m-47_1560189857772.jpg

Well people wanted Craig's bond to do some skiing. Here you go lol

Opening scenes of Craig hands down was the best introduction to a character, the black and white, brutal take down was something i had not seen since ohmss and even then, this made that look like a school fight - this bond needs to show us more of that.

That’s Martin Campbell for you. For my money the fight scene between Bond and Trevelyn at the end of GoldenEye is still the high point of fist fights in the series history.

Campbell just in general is a total boss.

Watched the first Zorro again a couple of weeks ago, such a phenomenal adventure flick. Loved The Foreigner recently too, even in all its basically-pretty-generic-ness.

And at the same time he does the zorro sequel which added an annoying kid

That’s Martin Campbell for you. For my money the fight scene between Bond and Trevelyn at the end of GoldenEye is still the high point of fist fights in the series history.

I'd say that and the Bond/Red Grant fight on the train in From Russia With Love.

I’d say Martin Campbell did fist fights better than anyone else in the series run. He conveys a lot of desperate urgency and wildness without giving into the shaky cam **** that filmmakers can often fall into. The Red Grant fight works because of its much more of a simplistic affair built off the tension of the scene leading up to it.

It's a shame that Christopher Mcquarrie will never get to direct a Bond film with Craig.

It's a shame that Christopher Mcquarrie will never get to direct a Bond film with Craig.
I'm actually happy about that. McQuarrie has absolutely showed that he's brilliant with action when it comes to his Mission Impossible movies, but I want Bond to have more than just great action. McQuarrie's movies lack substance and complexity, and his character work is subpar. I haven't seen him be able to pull out a great performance from any of his actors either.

McQarriie is like most, can be both hit and miss. As a writer he's written stuff like The Usual Suspects and Edge of Tomorrow s well as the most recent The Mummy and Jack the Giant Slayer. He has made a fine job with Mission: Impossible so far, but that's no guarantee he would be good for the Bond-franchise

I don’t think McQuarrie wanted to do Bond, unless it was with Cavill in the role. The problem with some of these creatives is that they want to do their Bond more than anything else, they want to redefine and make it their own.

Best Bond fights:

Bond vs Grant- FRWL

Beach fight/Hotel fight - OHMSS

Bond vs Peter Franks - DAD

Bond vs Alec - GE

Bond vs Fisher - CR

Bond vs Mollaka - CR

Bond vs Obanno aka stairwell fight - CR

Bond vs Mendell and his goons/ Sinking building scene - CR

Bond vs Slate - QoS

Shootout at the Tosca opera - QoS

Bond vs Greene - QoS

Bond vs Patrice/ train fight - SF

Bond vs Patrice/Shanghai building - SF

Bond vs Hinks/ Train fight - SP

Last edited:
Frequent Gym visitor- What happened to you?

Craig- I got the boot.

Craig looks pretty damn great though.

"Here, take a photo of me at the gym where I'm muscular so that everyone can shut up about my condition!"

Craig looks pretty damn great though.

"Here, take a photo of me at the gym where I'm muscular so that everyone can shut up about my condition!"

Then afterwards he says to his trainer: "Now that I've spent weeks in this gym, can I finally get some rest to recuperate from this injury?" :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"