Bond Forum?

Not a Bond fan, but I'm willing to give you a yes vote to help the cause

Bumped for next page

Okay, let me make a compelling argument for James Bond.

One word: Bond. Another: 007. Both are synonymous with the character James Bond as well as multiple cultures and pop culture lexicons. To say that something is "Bond" has taken on it's own meaning, from the Bond girl, to the Bond villain, to the Bond gadgets (well to more the pre-Craig era than today).

James Bond is a character that has gone through 37 licensed books and novels, 23 movies, and is going on 60 years since his creation, has had 50+ years of ongoing continuous movies with only 6 years being the biggest difference. He's a character that has spanned across multiple generations affecting multiple generations, causing debates among on fans of not only what the best Bond movie is, but other debates like best song, best villain, best henchmen, quote, Bond girl, Bond stunt, among other countless other debates that can not just be discussed in one thread.

There was a time in which a third of the Misc. Films 1st page was filled with Bond threads, not to mention that Bond also once did have a section here that, according to others, was pretty popular. It has been done before. It has been done before, so I do not think there's particularly a negative for it coming back.

You may say, Bond is not a superhero, and in the most traditional, straightforward way to you are right. Bond is only human, and has no secret identity or superpowers. But if you look deeper, Bond is a superhero at heart, whose over-the-top adventures and narrow escapes against larger than life villains and situations put him in the argument. Not to mention his various gadgets that also in a way made him more like a superhero. He has saved the world on film as many times as Superman, Batman, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe combined.

Bond has also influenced many different franchises and filmmakers in many ways. Among Christopher Nolan's biggest influences are the Bond movies (No Bond movies no Nolan Batman trilogy :o:oldrazz: kidding!), not to mention the various amounts of tropes it inspired. In a continuous franchises that has gone on through the sixties, I consider it an amazing achievement that a franchise has remained high profile for so long through these decades, among the changes in the pop culture zeitgeist and movie/novel tastes. I mean, can you name a franchise or series that has had broken records and had significant Box Office not only in today's movie landscape, but also the 60s?

I will not use the other examples such as other non-superhero related properties getting forums or saying if it deserves more than any forum because I am not in a position where I can say that a certain forum deserves to be here more than any other forum. I'm just here to present with facts and my personal opinion on the matter.

Dammit, I was wondering if I should have kept it short right after that too! Damn you, ADD! You win again! :argh:

Is it possible, seeing as we have a SW and ST thread, we could have a Bond thread? I mean, it's like both the previously mentioned threads, he's no superhero but he's got fantastical elements, along with previous and upcoming movies, along with a novel section.

Also comics.

zig-zag-james%2Bbond%2Bcomics%2Bcover%2Bartwork%2B1970.jpg

At any given time there are several bond threads anyways.

Absolutely! The fashion alone requires a thread! No puns please.

Also yes to the Middle Earth forum.

I asked for this a while back. From what I was told there was a Bond forum in the early days but people apparently kicked up a stink over him not being a superhero. I for one argue that Bond has more than enough history and future to have his own forum. If GI Joe, Transformers and now Star Wars can get their own forums, James Bond surely deserves one.

This thread was almost on the bottom of page one. See Picard why you needed me to generate interest? Do you see now? You're welcome.

As long as it don't end up being dead weight, go ahead. A month from now it can't just have like two threads just sitting idle.

I have to say I'm not that interested in these extra forums. Yes, a Hobbit forum would be nice as I'm a big Tolkien fan, but I'm not convinced the Hobbit thread stays busy enough to actually warrant a whole forum. I wouldn't participate much in a Bond forum as that's not my cup of tea.

At the same time, I think we have some forums now that are rather unnecessary. The Transformers one comes to mind. Those films don't seem to be highly popular on these boards, yet they have their own subforum. I've never really understood the rationale for that.

Just my two cents.

Transformers is something we love to ***** about. That's why.

I think it's because some of these boards are studio sponsored, like G.I. Joe and Transformers. If I recall right, I remember Hunter telling me the Bond boards were also studio sponsored, but I don't think that should matter that much.

There's plenty of material for Bond forums to discuss, especially considering that the Bond series is practically a never-ending series.

I think there should be yeah. We know the franchise is going to keep on keeping on and there's plenty of fans here so why not?

Doesn't the Hype front page cover Bond news?

I'm in favor of a Bond forum, after all, the more, the merrier.:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"