The Dark Knight Booty-Water Ruins Action Scene

Onoz! A stunt has been cut?! THE MOVIE IS RUINED!!

:whatever:

the movie isn't ruined. they'll just film the scene somewhere else

The Associated Press (via CNN) reports that a scene that was to be filmed in Hong Kong for The Dark Knight was cancelled because of pollution in Hong Kong's iconic harbor (Spoiler ahead!):

A scene in which Batman was to drop from a plane into the harbor has been axed after the movie's producers found the water quality could pose a potential health risk, the South China Morning post reported in its Sunday edition.

"The plan was for Batman to be seen jumping into the water and then climbing up some bamboo, or something similar," the Post quoted an unnamed production official as saying.

"But when they checked a water sample, they found all sorts of things; salmonella and tuberculosis, so it was canceled. Now the action will cut to inside a building."
Let's start over.

so, effectively,

Hong Kong Pooey>batman

Oh noes, damn dirty chinese polluters and their dirty wadda!!!

"Batman does a front-flip out of the chopper, into the river. After a beat, he suddenly bursts through the surface of the water with his costume burning due to the acidic water."

AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

"He promptly climbs a bamboo branch to get away from the painful water, but the acid causes the branch to break. He falls right back in, and flails around for nearly 30 seconds, before sinking."

That would've been a good blooper....and what happened to my post count?

I think, due to the writer's strike, that they can't change a scene. Meaning if it can't be filmed as written, they're sol.

Nolan and his brother can change the scene. They wrote it.

Nolan and his brother can change the scene. They wrote it.

This is from the writer's guild strike rules, #12 (this was posted in another forum)

"Additional Strike Rules pertaining to writers also employed in additional capacities ("hyphenates"):
Hyphenates (i.e. members employed in dual capacities such as writer-director, writer-producer, etc.) may not perform any writing services, including “(a) through (h)” services, for a struck company. The MBA defines “(a) through (h)” as follows:
(a) Cutting for time
(b) Bridging material necessitated by cutting for time
(c) Changes in technical or stage directions
(d) Assignment of lines to other existing characters occasioned by cast changes
(e) Changes necessary to obtain continuity acceptance or legal clearance
(f) Casual minor adjustments in dialogue or narration made prior to or during the period of principal photography
(g) Such changes in the course of production as are made necessary by unforeseen contingencies (e.g., the elements, accidents to performers, etc.)
(h) Instructions, directions, or suggestions, whether oral or written, made to a writer regarding story or screenplay"

http://wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2493

So I'm not sure if they can change it, even if they did write it.

And yeah, where did the rest of my posts go?

Thats scene sounds pretty sick. But why is batman on a plane?

How do you expect him to get to Hong Kong?:huh:

And they laughed at my Batplane idea. :woot:

"Oh, I LOVE THAT DIRTY WATER Oh HONG KONG YOU'RE MY HOME!" dant-dant-dant -dah-dant/dant-dant

Ok...so Batman jumps into water and it's "badass". He jumped into water from a helicopter in BATMAN FOREVER, I don't recall people calling that badass.

Ok...so Batman jumps into water and it's "badass". He jumped into water from a helicopter in BATMAN FOREVER, I don't recall people calling that badass.
His nipples were "badass"

I'll risk my life and jump in, just so they can get the shot the way they intended. I believe in Nolan!

Good riddance, I say. That's one less over-the-top, "OMG look at how kewl this is" scene.

Hey everyone,
Your favorite Henchman is back and, surprise, I need some help. The movie 'Eagle Eye' is filming in Chicago through Nov. 16 and I would really appreciate if anyone from Chicago, or anyone who simply can find out, would find the locations and dates of the filming as I would like to go down there and check things out.
Thanks everyone for your help,
Joker'sHenchman

Good riddance, I say. That's one less over-the-top, "OMG look at how kewl this is" scene.

He's...diving in water from a plane. Not as spectacular as most stunts these days. I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. Would be nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"