Boston Sports

No way the Yankees win this year... Boston is the best team in the AL, with Detroit right behind them.

GIANTS BABY!.. no sports sweep this year:grin:

Lakers gonna take out the Celtics too

No way the Yankees win this year... Boston is the best team in the AL, with Detroit right behind them.
You also told me last year that the Giants weren't going to make the playoffs without Tiki. :o

Rules in sports are made to be broken and circumvented. In college Rugby they used to coach us in "dirty" playing techniques, in soccer in High School they used to show us how to foul someone without getting caught. All teams, coaches and managers understand that rules in sports only end up applying to those who get caught.

I don't think cheating should ever be perceived as "acceptable"; if this is the case, then sports will lose its appeal since victories will be seen as tainted and as a result of good cheating.

with Curt Schilling injured now i dont think this is a very good week for Boston sports at ALL.

Injured from what? Trying to finally remove his head from his ass? Mercy...

I don't think cheating should ever be perceived as "acceptable"; if this is the case, then sports will lose its appeal since victories will be seen as tainted and as a result of good cheating.
I've played Rugby, Soccer, and scored Vollyball, Basketball and Football games throughout my High School and College athletic careers. I've found in all those years, you can take steroids, tape practices and even play dirty, but at the end of the day the better team typically wins. Cheating ultimately does not help you much in an arena whose victor is largely determined by talent.

with Curt Schilling injured now i dont think this is a very good week for Boston sports at ALL.
Our pitching line up is pretty boss even without him, but he's got plenty of time to recover before the season starts.

Not really. Remember, Sox start March 25th.

Schilling's injury i really dont think is going to "hurt" the Sox all that much. But it wont help them either. I wasn't one expecting 17 wins out of Schilling like in seasons past, i mean he's 41 years old and has been breaking down for years. But i suppose having him is better than not having him.

He's a legend to most in this town, but the loss of Shilling doesn't really hurt the Red Sox as bad as it would have in years past.

Who knows how well Bucholz will do though? As far a Dice-K, I'm really not sure about him either way. Seemed like as the season played through they were starting to figure him out. Wakefield is Wakefield.

Buchholz is one of the highest rated prospects and proved he could pitch at the ML level last year in his appearences. Dice-K will have less pressure and will have 1 year of ML experience under his belt. If Beckett can have the bounce-back year he did in 07, Dice-K can have one as well. Not saying he wins 20 games, but he can be an effective #2.

Buchholz is one of the highest rated prospects and proved he could pitch at the ML level last year in his appearences. Dice-K will have less pressure and will have 1 year of ML experience under his belt. If Beckett can have the bounce-back year he did in 07, Dice-K can have one as well. Not saying he wins 20 games, but he can be an effective #2.

That is basically how I am looking at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"