Bought/ThouiiiiIIIIITTTTTSSSS OVER!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!

I enjoyed Avengers Vs. X-Men; although, the last issue wasn't nearly as good as those that came before. Overall, this event served a purpose, giving readers closure of a few storylines. No More Mutants is over, Hope showed why she was the messiah for the Mutant race, and Cyclops' evolution as a character. JH might not find this characterization of Cyclops believable; but, it didn't bother me in the least. Scott Summers has always been a character who likes to keep his demons locked inside his mind; and, about the only person who could make him more human was Jean Grey. He's been through a lot, and turning him more into Magneto is more believable than having him be another Xavier. Scott has felt as if the burden of the mutant race has been on his shoulders, and it's a responsibility that Xavier thrust on him. Would Scott really have killed Xavier in JH's mind? I say yes, simply because Scott probably had deep-seated resentment for what Xavier did for him, and with the Phoenix Force driving him, he let all of that anger out. People snap, and Scott has snapped.

I'm liking how Marvel Now seems to be stemming out of this event. The New 52 has never made any sense; and, after Flashback, DC never took the time to explain how everything happened the way it did. (At least Marvel tried to explain how Spidey's new history fits into his changed life.) Now we are getting a Marvel Universe which is going to incorporate the X-World with the rest of the Marvel Universe. For too long, the X-World has been separate, and it's been a complaint from many a fan. For that reason alone, the event is very worthwhile. It's definitely NOT "the worst event to come out of Marvel since I've been reading." (Rememeber World War Hulk? Or, mini-events, like Shadowland.)

For the record... WWH and Shadowland were about 10,000,000% better than AvX easy! Not even a comparison!! I enjoyed both of those storylines. In fact, I've enjoyed every event since House of M. Siege wasn't quite as good as previous evens only because it felt too compacted and could have benefited from another 2 issues (but I ended up liking it overall). Fear Itself was the worst due to the heroes running away but I could get past that since they came back. AvX just trumps all of those and is by far the worst story since OMD (and any prior to that). Gwen banging Norman is better than this. Spider-Totums are better than this. Nightcrawler's devil father is better than this. Anything with Disassembled in the title is better than this. Wolverine overexposure is better than this. Daniel Way's Deadpool is better than this. Give me any story from Marvel's history save OMD and I will say with 100% certainty that it's heads and tails better than AvX.

I just don't feel that Scott from any point in his history, including the month prior to AvX #1, would act like this. Every scene with him in it felt forced and I couldn't stand a single one until he was taken over by the Phoenix because he then had deniability. I started enjoying it after that but when he accepted what happened as good post-Phoenix, well that's just bad. Honestly, if Spider-Man or Captain America or Iron Man was in his shoes it'd feel the same to me. It just doesn't fit regarding anything that's happened previous or now. Plain and simple, Marvel has no care about their characters... just shock status quo. They showed that with Spider-Man, they showed it with Wanda, they're showing it with Cyclops. It's sad when a person can't trust a company with their own characters. It seems obvious to me that, with the exception of a couple writers, they're doing this for a paycheck and for storytelling purposes, not for the love of the characters themselves and I think that's a crime.

And no, I don't see him killing Xavier as being at all plausible. If we were to buy that he did it due to an inner hatred due to the crap Xavier's done in the past then it should have been stated on-panel. Not dong that is just lazy writing and yet another situation where the fans have to make Marvel's stories make sense by inserting their own imaginary narration.

This final issue of AvX has completely killed any eagerness I've been feeling for any NOW books. I'll get the few that I've been planning on but I'm honestly forcing myself at this point. I fear that if they don't impress me I might just be out of Marvel entirely. I hope that don't happen and that this passes but Marvel's just simply not any good these days. My long-running buying habbits are the only thing keeping me coming back and I'm trying to talk myself out of that daily.

Last edited:
While I don't agree with you about the level of quality in events I did think Scott (or new X-Treme! Scott as I like to think of him) was wildly out of character. I would think he would lead the charge to get rid of the phoenix. Not kill Xavier and a bunch of innocent people just to keep it around.

But then I don't think scott summers would mentally cheat on jean with emma, so what do I know.

And as I've said for years... Grant Morrison began the destruction of the X-Men with that one plot.

I will say this though... I hate AvX for what it is, but it really depends on what the next round of writers do with the aftermath that will ultimately define the event for me. I don't see it improving, but we'll see.

AvX was kind of crappy, but cyclops is now the most interesting marvel comic book character out there. I actively look forward to his next appearance, whereas a could care less about Captain America or Iron Man.

He's probably gonna become bosom buddies with Norman Osborn.

I care less about Cyclops now than I did before the event started. I can honestly only see three directions for him:

1) The redemption story... which is cliche, obvious, and something I'd just be eager to see done so we can move forward from this crap.

2) The villain story... which is a smack in the face of his character. It was also done already with Hal Jordan. "Loses his people, tries to bring them back, goes crazy" We can even parallel Phoenix with Parallax. Boring.

3) The stagnant story... which has him just sorta riding between the lines and not improving in any way... which is also equally crappy.

Honestly, I don't see any direction for Cyclops that would be remotely interesting. The redemption story is the best option because that at least offers an out for this stupid predicument he's been forced into by Marvel (emphesis on forced).

It's all been dragged out too long. Cyke started on this path back when he merged with Apocalypse 12 years ago.

JH,

This just goes back to your wanting boring, stagnant characters who never change. You had your problems with Peter Parker choosing Aunt May over his marriage, and now Cyclops, one of the most boring (besides Colossus) characters in the Marvel X-Universe.

Spider-Man has only gotten better since the marriage ended. It was the only solution Peter could have made, given the circumstances. If he chose his marriage over Aunt May's death, his marriage would have ended anyway with Peter's guilt always being reflected back to him when he looked at his wife.

Also, by your own thoughts, Jean Grey would never have acted the way she did when she killed a planet full of aliens under the influence of the Phoenix. Scott always feels like he can handle any situation; yet, those who know his character should have a feeling that it's all a front. He doesn't handle anything, just buries his feelings deep down so he doesn't have to confront them. He was a ticking time bomb, and having the Phoenix only lit the fuse.

JH,

This just goes back to your wanting boring, stagnant characters who never change. You had your problems with Peter Parker choosing Aunt May over his marriage, and now Cyclops, one of the most boring (besides Colossus) characters in the Marvel X-Universe.

Oh, I'm always up for change as long as it fits the character. Heck, I'm one of the few who praise the Jubilee/Vampire direction. Cyclops changing from Xavier's stooge to the top man was a great thing and a natural progression of the character, but this new direction is not a good direction at all. Why change a character if it destroy who his character is?

Spider-Man has only gotten better since the marriage ended. It was the only solution Peter could have made, given the circumstances. If he chose his marriage over Aunt May's death, his marriage would have ended anyway with Peter's guilt always being reflected back to him when he looked at his wife.

In your opinion... I disagree. It seems a lot of people like the book since Big Time and I'm glad about that but the marriage ending had nothing to do with it. I've honestly heard from quite a few people that Slott's writing Peter and MJ as if they were married (without being married) and if that's the case then it seems to me that that form of relationship is a part of what helps the story out. But ultimately, it's good stories and good creative teams that's made Spider-Man better. The marriage ending has nothing to do with it. And no, I don't see his guilt getting the best of his marriage. That would be bad writing (though not as bad as OMD as it would have at least made some degree of sense).

Also, by your own thoughts, Jean Grey would never have acted the way she did when she killed a planet full of aliens under the influence of the Phoenix. Scott always feels like he can handle any situation; yet, those who know his character should have a feeling that it's all a front. He doesn't handle anything, just buries his feelings deep down so he doesn't have to confront them. He was a ticking time bomb, and having the Phoenix only lit the fuse.

It's been a while but Jean killed those aliens as the Dark Phoenix, right? If that is the case then that's a different thing. And the comparison doesn't really hold up anyhow, as she later regretted her actions. Scott doesn't and THAT'S what makes it wrong to me. It's not what he did, it's that he embraces it as the right thing to do to get the end result he wanted.

Now your point about him burying things is interesting if it were actually dealt with on panel and he felt remorse for the outcome of it (as Scott Summers WOULD), but it wasn't and he didn't, so it's moot. But even then, just because the option is there for him to self destruct doesn't mean it should happen so horribly. It's like saying the most natural thing for Spider-Man's character is to ultimately commit suicide over the guilt he constantly carries. And then we'd all be expected to just nod like, "yep, that makes sense."

To accept his actions as being in character is simply turning a blind eye to how badly written his storyline has been. This is the second or third time in a couple days that a poster on here has tried to explain away Cyclops' characterisation by creating plot of their own to take place between scenes. That alone is a sure sign that Marvel simply screwed up here. There really is no excuse for it.

I'm hoping the aftermath of this event is amazing because it's put me at an all-time low regarding my love and interest in the Marvel line. I'm actually talking myself into buying the titles I've been planning to buy for weeks and months now post-AvX. I feel like I should just drop them but habit won't let me.

Heck, the only thing I'm super excited about in comics right now is the Death of the Family story that Snyder's starting this week in Batman.

Last edited:
You do understand your stagnation argument falls apart when you mention Spider-Man's marriage and how going back to the way things were 50 years ago is change and progress?

You do understand your stagnation argument falls apart when you mention Spider-Man's marriage and how going back to the way things were 50 years ago is change and progress?

Hah! True.

And another example of me liking change... even going the supervillain route: I liked when Colossus became an Acolyte. It had proper build up and it made sense for the story at hand. He was handled well in that he was still a noble Acolyte... that was good. And Peter remained in character the whole time.

Also, I liked it back when Emma went from villain to headmistress of the Mass. Academy. The story progressed it, the writers did a good job making it feel believable, and there was enough of the old Emma in there to make it not feel forced. It wasn't until Morrison took her to the X-Men that I grew to dislike her because I couldn't stand how he wrote her and everyone else just continued on with her being like that. I felt that it was a regression and not progression from her Generation X days.

Yup... JH likes change. It just has to make sense and be good for the character.

Peter's guilt over keeping his marriage versus letting Aunt May die would have been a tremendous strain on Peter Parker... one that perhaps the marriage could not have handled... if you think otherwise, you do not understand the character of Peter Parker.

And honestly Brad... I know you love these characters... I know you loved reading comics... but unless you "like" to whine about your books, you should really just stop reading comics and get on with the things you enjoy in life... your wife, your kids, your writing, etc...

I know you "hate" the idea of giving them up because you feel that you've invested so much "time" with these books... but CLEARLY you're not getting the same good vibes like you used to, so I would suggest that you just give them up... they're probably not going to get better... and if they do... through word of mouth, or natural curiosity gets to you... start buying them again. Perhaps your relationship with comics has hit a low point, and you're just maintaining it for the sake of maintaining it... maybe to feel like the last 20+ years of your life wasn't a waste of time... which is stupid, because the comics you've enjoyed and the good feelings they gave you are still part of your memories... enjoy them for what they were and what they gave you in the past... because clearly, and I think I speak for most of us... these books do not fulfill you anymore.

It's like maintaining a loveless marriage for the sake of the kids...
You only have one shot at life... don't waste it on things that do not make you happy.

I think it's time to move on...

You can always come back.

Just my two cents...

Mike

:yay:

Last edited:
Sadly, I've been trying to do it for quite a while now. Hopefully I can do it soon.

Peter's guilt over keeping his marriage versus letting Aunt May die would have been a remendous strain on Peter Parker... one that perhaps the marriage could not have handled... if you think otherwise, you do not understand the character of Peter Parker.

And honestly Brad... I know you love these characters... I know you loved reading comics... but unless you "like" to whine about your books, you should really just stop reading comics and get on with the things you enjoy in life... your wife, your kids, your writing, etc...

I know you "hate" the idea of giving them up because you feel that you've invested so much "time" with these books... but CLEARLY you're not getting the same good vibes like you used to, so I would suggest that you just give them up... they're probably not going to get better... and if they do... through word of mouth, or natural curiosity gets to you... start buying them again. Perhaps your relationship with comics has hit a low point, and you're just maintaining it for the sake of maintaining it... maybe to feel like the last 20+ years of your life wasn't a waste of time... which is stupid, because the comics you've enjoyed and the good feelings they gave you are still part of your memories... enjoy them for what they were and what they gave you in the past... because clearly, and I think I speak for most of us... these books do not fulfill you anymore.

It's like maintaining a loveless marriage for the sake of the kids...
You only have one shot at life... don't waste it on things that do not make you happy.

I think it's time to move on...

You can always come back.

Just my two cents...

Mike

Gotta say I hate this argument. It has a lot of forms but it boils down to "if you don't love everything about America then you can git out".

Nothing wrong with wanting something you love to be in a form you actually like. That goes for comic characters, marriages and countries. But the way you see things the moment something doesn't go right you should just abandon it for something you do like, it's cheap, sloppy and weak both as an argument and a character trait.

I think it's time you moved on from telling people to move on and live their lives. Cause as much as some people are obsessed with characters doing out of character decisions you're just as obsessed about other people's opinions on those characters. Devote your time instead of telling people what to do on the internets to your kids or something cause you've only got one shot at this life there fella. Or maybe just don't give advice you don't take? Either way. Just my $3.50.

Gotta say I hate this argument. It has a lot of forms but it boils down to "if you don't love everything about America then you can git out".

Nothing wrong with wanting something you love to be in a form you actually like. That goes for comic characters, marriages and countries. But the way you see things the moment something doesn't go right you should just abandon it for something you do like, it's cheap, sloppy and weak both as an argument and a character trait.

I think it's time you moved on from telling people to move on and live their lives. Cause as much as some people are obsessed with characters doing out of character decisions you're just as obsessed about other people's opinions on those characters. Devote your time instead of telling people what to do on the internets to your kids or something cause you've only got one shot at this life there fella. Or maybe just don't give advice you don't take? Either way. Just my $3.50.

Hahaha... you always make me laugh... we should roll a spliff once day... :yay:

JH complains about comics. A lot. And for a long time.

I've never suggested to him, or to anyone for that matter, that they should quit comics because they're unhappy with a current direction.

However, after a few years of complaining, perhaps someone should take a hard serious look at their hobby... myself included... at one point about 15 years ago, I was tremendously unhappy with comics... and I stopped buying them (except for HellBlazer... it was the only book I enjoyed)... and this was after buying them monthly for 19 years... and it was hard, because you feel like you've invested so much... nonetheless, I stopped and never looked back for about 4 years... then, with certain news being announced, and my collector juices starting to stir up (I hope you have bad images from that one), I got into it again... no regrets...

There IS nothing wrong with wanting something you love to be presented in such a form that you would like it to be. Nothing. Nada. Zippo.

And again, and I want to be perfectly clear on this one... I never suggested to JH that he should jump ship because he currently doesn't like comics... if that were the case, I would have told him to jump ship YEARS ago... because he has been THAT unhappy with his hobby for THAT long... he even says that he wants to stop in a post right above your smart-alecky response... but I guess by ignoring that, you then get to play the smart-mouth bastard that you pretend to be on-line so that people somehow take your words more seriously.

lol...

Nice try though... again, you always make me laugh... in your odd funny ways. :up:

Keep up the good work... and Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers.

Is that 3.50 opinion of yours in ruppees?

It did have that cheap appeal... :funny:

Hahaha... you always make me laugh... we should roll a spliff once day... :yay:

JH complains about comics. A lot. And for a long time.

I've never suggested to him, or to anyone for that matter, that they should quit comics because they're unhappy with a current direction.

However, after a few years of complaining, perhaps someone should take a hard serious look at their hobby... myself included... at one point about 15 years ago, I was tremendously unhappy with comics... and I stopped buying them (except for HellBlazer... it was the only book I enjoyed)... and this was after buying them monthly for 19 years... and it was hard, because you feel like you've invested so much... nonetheless, I stopped and never looked back for about 4 years... then, with certain news being announced, and my collector juices starting to stir up (I hope you have bad images from that one), I got into it again... no regrets...

There IS nothing wrong with wanting something you love to be presented in such a form that you would like it to be. Nothing. Nada. Zippo.

And again, and I want to be perfectly clear on this one... I never suggested to JH that he should jump ship because he currently doesn't like comics... if that were the case, I would have told him to jump ship YEARS ago... because he has been THAT unhappy with his hobby for THAT long... he even says that he wants to stop in a post right above your smart-alecky response... but I guess by ignoring that, you then get to play the smart-mouth bastard that you pretend to be on-line so that people somehow take your words more seriously.

lol...

Nice try though... again, you always make me laugh... in your odd funny ways. :up:

Keep up the good work... and Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers.

Is that 3.50 opinion of yours in ruppees?

It did have that cheap appeal... :funny:

My purpose in life is to amuse canadians, before we run out of natural resources of course and then I have to kill you all, I think of it as karmic balance in advance.

You did actually you said he should devote his time to other things because he wasn't going to be able to change something. Which is patently untrue, it's just something people happy with the status quo say to anyone that disagrees. You don't like how the last election turned out? Well just give up on voting, cause that makes sense. Fact is enough dislike of something almost always allows you to effect change, from comics, to marriages to politics, you just put in the work and don't give up and eventually you can prevail. I remember not too long ago when peter parker was a clone and ben reilly was the real spider-man. What happened there?

You're hobby is to complain about other people complaining. Take a look at that paradox. I might not agree with someone here but I'll never tell them to stop caring about their opinions or not bother with them. It's a form of bullying really and while I am a sarcastic ass, I don't bully.

That next paragraph completely contradicts your previous post. Because there you implied strongly by caring you're wasting your life from more noble pursuits. Don't argue with me and agree with me that you were wrong, or I'm just going to start rebutting you with your own words.

Hey there, I'm a smart assed bastard in real life, but oddly enough I'm not a name calling one, you do that. I call out your comments you call out my character. Do you understand the difference between us? I own my problems, you just project, name call and don't see your hypocrisy for what it is. I'm not saying I'm clearly a better man than you, but I'm thinking it damn hard.

Basically and this is all I was saying to you. Don't throw stones in your glass house, don't tell people what to do on the internets, don't complain about complaining when you complain all the time, try and be a touch civil and don't feel because someone disagreed with you in a minor way you have to redirect their life goals cause you know better. The very fact we are ALL responding on a comic message board means we're in the same boat none really better than anyone else. You don't know better than me, I don't know better than you so enough with the advice about how people need to get on with their lives. It's silly, it's hypocritical and it's annoying.

No it's in looneys. You're quite predictable when someone actually calls you on being a hypocrite you name call, you say how funny they are, you back track, but you don't take a moment to consider what you wrote. It's a poor debating technique used by the insecure that can't actually defend their own points of view when called out on them. It's almost not fair disagreeing with you when you're all defensive like this, like punching a crippled fat kid, funny but not that fair.

I'd love to get into this conversation but I'm sick today and I don't feel like reading all that. :(

In some small way I feel honored :up:

And for the record, it isn't that I'm unhappy with comicbooks. I'm unhappy with Marvel, and not all of them. My main beef is and always has been their prices and over abundance of double-shippings. The only storylines to get me riled up like this are OMD, OMIT, and AvX. Other than those I was always the guy that liked the crappy stoies. I like Draco, and the Other, and Sins Past, all the events that people whine about, etc. There is no writer that I dislike (talking about me whining... I've been hearing stuipid Bendis complaints for 9 years). There is only maybe one artist that I actively avoid (Chaykln or whatever his name is). It's just Marvel's current group of big wigs and how they treat the characters I love. I love Spider-Man and Cyclops and tons more but I don't see that love reflected back in how the big wigs treat their characters and their books in general. And the more reviews I read by them the more they just sound like they don't care and/or they don't don't get it.

I don't want to quit collecting for the characters or my love of the genre, but for the way Marvel treats their books and because they've just made them way to freaking expensive. That's why it's so hard to drop them. I'm still interested in the characters, in the stories, I still look forward to "new comics day," I just don't get any enjoyment out of what Marvel's doing with the characters I love. And therefor, I'm trying to drop as many as can to save me money until they get better.

DC on the other hand, I am buying more of than I've ever bought and I enjoy every one that I do.

I'm gonna eat some turkey & dressing... during the appropriate time of year... :up:

Cheers...

To elaborate on my frustrations at the prices and double shipping. I've been working hard for months trying to get my buy list down for the sake of finances. I got it down to just 7 titles. Below is my Marvel buy list for next month. Every issue is $4 save the $5 New Avengers issue.

Uncanny Avengers 2
All New X-Men 1
All New X-Men 2
X-Men Legacy 1
X-Men Legacy 2
New Avengers 33
New Avengers 34 ($5)
Wolverine & the X-Men 20
Wolverine & the X-Men 21
Uncanny X-Force 33
Uncanny X-Force 34
Defenders 12

Can you tell I'm only buying 7 title? It's obvious isn't it? That's $21 more than I have the budet for at time when I'm selling off most of my collection to raise money to pay off old bills. Fortunately Uncanny X-Force, New Avengers, and Defendes are ending and I'm not planning on replacing them. I was considering Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers as replacements but I doubt I'll get those as long as they contniue to do crap like this.

Last edited:
I won't get into a whole lot, as I'm typing this on my phone; but, I was once told that good writing doesn't insult the reader by explaining everything right out for a clear understanding by all. Don't insult your reader in this way. Let them come up with these ideas on their own. From this we can debate whether Peter's marriage could have survived, and we can now debate Cyclops' motivations. Would you seriously want everything spelled out for you?

Now, for a bigger complaint: Earth 2 is doing a story with The Grey??!!?? I've had enough with The Green and The Red; and, now I have to put up with this. Damn DC and these never-ending, going throughout numerous book storylines.

My purpose in life is to amuse canadians, before we run out of natural resources of course and then I have to kill you all, I think of it as karmic balance in advance.

You are the Rodney Dangerfield of the Hype... :up:

You did actually you said he should devote his time to other things because he wasn't going to be able to change something. Which is patently untrue, it's just something people happy with the status quo say to anyone that disagrees. You don't like how the last election turned out? Well just give up on voting, cause that makes sense. Fact is enough dislike of something almost always allows you to effect change, from comics, to marriages to politics, you just put in the work and don't give up and eventually you can prevail. I remember not too long ago when peter parker was a clone and ben reilly was the real spider-man. What happened there?

Read carefully.

I said he should devote his time to the things he likes because clearly, he's been unhappy with comics for a long time... not because he wasn't going to change anything.

In fact, I even stated that if things get better (or more to his liking, then he should come back)

Try again. :yay:

You're hobby is to complain about other people complaining. Take a look at that paradox. I might not agree with someone here but I'll never tell them to stop caring about their opinions or not bother with them. It's a form of bullying really and while I am a sarcastic ass, I don't bully.

I disagree.

I did not say to JH to "stop caring"... as you put it.
I told him to stop doing things that make him miserable.

Now he has since come around to clear the air a little bit, and I'm cool with his response.

Also, I'm not a bully, but if others on this board feel that I am... please state so... because it's not something I want to be and will put forth effort to change.

Though methinks it's just another word for md to use to try and drive a point that doesn't really exist.

Try again.

That next paragraph completely contradicts your previous post. Because there you implied strongly by caring you're wasting your life from more noble pursuits. Don't argue with me and agree with me that you were wrong, or I'm just going to start rebutting you with your own words.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here because you don't because you don't break up your thoughts with the separate comments... but all I suggested (based on my own experience) is that IF comics (or anything else for that matter in regards to hobbies) make you unhappy, then walk away until they make you feel better.

That's not bullying... that's just common sense.

and obviously, in regards to personal relationships with wives and/or husbands, you try to make it work... d'uh.

Hey there, I'm a smart assed bastard in real life, but oddly enough I'm not a name calling one, you do that. I call out your comments you call out my character. Do you understand the difference between us? I own my problems, you just project, name call and don't see your hypocrisy for what it is. I'm not saying I'm clearly a better man than you, but I'm thinking it damn hard.

I know the difference between us... but I'm just too polite to point them out.

And I'm just going to leave that one with that. :up:

:yay;

Basically and this is all I was saying to you. Don't throw stones in your glass house, don't tell people what to do on the internets, don't complain about complaining when you complain all the time, try and be a touch civil and don't feel because someone disagreed with you in a minor way you have to redirect their life goals cause you know better. The very fact we are ALL responding on a comic message board means we're in the same boat none really better than anyone else. You don't know better than me, I don't know better than you so enough with the advice about how people need to get on with their lives. It's silly, it's hypocritical and it's annoying.

Wow... I must have really hit a nerve... I don't think my initial comment was nothing more than a message I would have sent JH via email...

I'm not his boss, I was making a life suggestion... a rather polite one... based on years of personal discussion between us and years of reading about his disdain for a lot of books.

And typically, I don't tell people what they should do, what they should like, and how they should act.

I have made fun of people for what they do, what they like, and how they act... but that's because some people make it too easy... and I am a mocking bastard at heart.

It sounds like you took this far more personal than anyone else...

Relax... it's all good.

Remember... I'll still do the spliff with ya someday... :up:

No it's in looneys. You're quite predictable when someone actually calls you on being a hypocrite you name call, you say how funny they are, you back track, but you don't take a moment to consider what you wrote. It's a poor debating technique used by the insecure that can't actually defend their own points of view when called out on them. It's almost not fair disagreeing with you when you're all defensive like this, like punching a crippled fat kid, funny but not that fair.

Well, you can have your opinion, and I'll have mine.

You're one of the most predictable posters I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with on this board over my 12 1/2 years here... and yes, I do type from the heart... I'm not so neurotic that I need to go over my post 58 billion times to make sure I got the context right... and language is not my strongest point.... thanks for pointing that out... I keep trying to correct myself a lot... it's a flaw that I can admit to...

Anyhoo... thanks for coming out...

My Turkey Day was awesome... thanks for asking... :word:

Cheers...

Mike

You are the Rodney Dangerfield of the Hype... :up:

Read carefully.

I said he should devote his time to the things he likes because clearly, he's been unhappy with comics for a long time... not because he wasn't going to change anything.

In fact, I even stated that if things get better (or more to his liking, then he should come back)

Try again. :yay:

I disagree.

I did not say to JH to "stop caring"... as you put it.
I told him to stop doing things that make him miserable.

Now he has since come around to clear the air a little bit, and I'm cool with his response.

Also, I'm not a bully, but if others on this board feel that I am... please state so... because it's not something I want to be and will put forth effort to change.

Though methinks it's just another word for md to use to try and drive a point that doesn't really exist.

Try again.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here because you don't because you don't break up your thoughts with the separate comments... but all I suggested (based on my own experience) is that IF comics (or anything else for that matter in regards to hobbies) make you unhappy, then walk away until they make you feel better.

That's not bullying... that's just common sense.

and obviously, in regards to personal relationships with wives and/or husbands, you try to make it work... d'uh.

I know the difference between us... but I'm just too polite to point them out.

And I'm just going to leave that one with that. :up:

:yay;

Wow... I must have really hit a nerve... I don't think my initial comment was nothing more than a message I would have sent JH via email...

I'm not his boss, I was making a life suggestion... a rather polite one... based on years of personal discussion between us and years of reading about his disdain for a lot of books.

And typically, I don't tell people what they should do, what they should like, and how they should act.

I have made fun of people for what they do, what they like, and how they act... but that's because some people make it too easy... and I am a mocking bastard at heart.

It sounds like you took this far more personal than anyone else...

Relax... it's all good.

Remember... I'll still do the spliff with ya someday... :up:

Well, you can have your opinion, and I'll have mine.

You're one of the most predictable posters I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with on this board over my 12 1/2 years here... and yes, I do type from the heart... I'm not so neurotic that I need to go over my post 58 billion times to make sure I got the context right... and language is not my strongest point.... thanks for pointing that out... I keep trying to correct myself a lot... it's a flaw that I can admit to...

Anyhoo... thanks for coming out...

My Turkey Day was awesome... thanks for asking... :word:

Cheers...

Mike

Um, no, just no to all that. I'm not reading it but I'm just going to say you're wrong about everything you're writing and save myself a bit of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"